TRACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

The fateful reunion.. - Page 5 Empty Re: The fateful reunion..

Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:22 pm
As benkei watch van and Kane jump over his earthy barrier that he ripped from the ground he watched in anger with the group as shinji and remi stand before them"well say something! Something that actually justifies what you are doing !". Benkei grab his staff out of thin air and slam it into the ground. He had only his brute strength and minor misra left but chose to fight side by side with his comrades "that thing can not be weaponized or controlled if that's what your thinking of using on the duran empire !" He tried to rationalize anything he could to explain why they were helping that thing "and where is Vergil! Does he know what you are doing! How would he feel!". Before he could get a answer remi had shot fire bas but their trajectory and aim seemed off "that's not normal!" He would jump and run away from the groups sight twirling his staff. Nir had finally made the choice to join the battle but was still injured heavily but benkei would make sure that nir could rely on him .
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:24 pm
Kane had continued on his path to Shinji, until the fireballs began raining down. He’d quickly stop in his tracks, looking up the sky as the entire area lit up from the incoming projectiles. ”Kane! My sword!” Called out Nir, who had been running towards Kane. Lionheart, the mythical shield, had spun overhead, ascending until it made a stop. The lion’s head had opened its mouth, roaring and casting overshield that blocked against the fireballs. ”So you’re ready to fight? Good!” Kane said, throwing Faith towards Nir, who’d catch the sword in his path to Shinji. As he moved, fighting through the pain, he noticed Benkei by his side. ”Benkei! Thank you for helping! Let’s take them down quick before that beast hurts someone else!” The Young Lion would run at Shinji, slashing at him with Faith.

Above them, Kuro had surveyed the entire area from high up. He could see everyone, relaying his sight to Van. ”This is your doing huh?” But who are they?” Van said, jumping over Kane and running towards Remi’s position. His target was chosen! The same girl that had threatened him earlier in Galatia! However, he wouldn’t be her only opponent. From behind Remi, Stella had jumped up, having climbed to her position. In her hand was a massive pink hammer made of her Misra. ”You won’t hurt my friend!” She yelled out, slamming the hammer down on Remi.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:27 pm
Things were starting to heat up as the Galtians have found their resolve. Once comrades would now become enemies. Kane, Nir and Benkei had made their way to Shinji, while Van and Kuro would head for Remi. What's even more, Stella had now joined the fray! She'd sneak up on Remi as she was prepared to take on Van and Kuro. With a quick dodge roll, she would avoid Stella's hammer strike. With a quick counter, she'd hold up her hand and send multiple fireballs at Stella before Van could reach. At least with this, it'll prepare her for Van who is well versed in combat. Remi in that moment had analyzed Stella rather quickly. She had thought to herself briefly. "She doesn't seem like much of a fighter but she does have a lot of Misra. And with Van being a predominately close range fighter, she could could easily support him from afar... And then there's that shadow thing... I have to eliminate her first!"

Biggs had been losing ground steadily. "This thing sure does takes it's toll." He'd chuckle to himself with a bead of sweat coming down the side of his face. His heavy breathing was the signal for his fatigue.  This was not just due to the onslaught of the demon but because the two bracelets took much mental focus just to use. "I just have to hold out a little longer." The three of them possessed a crucial role in subduing the demon Virgil as will as facing Nir and his party. With the numbers disadvantage, their trump card will reveal itself soon.

"I can see the battlefield from here master." Anna would point out. Nostradamus would look far out just as Anna. "Indeed you are correct my dear child. It seems their are a quite a few people standing in our friends' way." Miranda would then step up in the front. Koji would be at her side. She'd being to crack her knuckles and neck. Koji would being some stretching of his own. "Not counting Virgil, our kiddos are facing someone way above their league..." Miranda was now in a sprinter stance. "It's been a while since I've fought seriously." She would smile almost menacingly but with much excitement. Koji would let out a loud howl. "Let's go dog!" As soon as she finished speaking the two would sprint at an extremely fast past. It was so fast, the ground beneath them would crumble and a shockwave would be felt behind them. With Miranda and Koji joining the battle, things were about to get even more interesting.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:31 pm
The battle on all fronts would hit up as remi and Shinji fought their respected battles. Stella had attempted to ambush remi but it was for nothing as she dodge and continued to focus on the group,most importantly van and kuro "no way I'm letting this go by without a proper beating and explanation!" Benkei would slam his fist down to the ground sending a fissure between him and remi and Shinji in a attempt to throw them off balance "nir do your thing!'. Benkei called out to nir to begin the counter attack perfectly but as he spoke he felt another force enter the gray close by "dam it what now!". He had turned towards Stella direction to guard and grab her from any counter attack as now Miranda had come charging in "things keep getting worse and worse for us !". Benkei was also still in pain from his earlier injuries as he needed some sort of healing.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:53 pm
Stella’s attack had missed, proving Remi’s reflexes to be sharp. To counter Stella, Remi had sent a volley of fireballs in her direction. The young woman quickly transformed the hammer, manipulating her Misra to form a protective barrier. ”She’s pretty good. But she seems to be underestimating me, which can be in my favor..” The fire had hit Stella’s barrier, failing to harm her. From Remi’s side, Van had appeared, sending a kick at her side. Behind them, a massive fissure had parted the two groups, isolating Remi, Van and Stella from the others. ”Hey Van! Looks like we got two others joining the fray! One of them is that little pup from Galatia!” The thought had been transmitted to Van, who was currently attacking Remi.

As for the others, Nir had charged Shinji, slashing at him with Faith. As he attacked from the front, Kane had moved slightly behind Shinji, sending a straight punch at his face if he countered, or attempted to avoid Nir’s attack. It was a continuous attack from the three! How would Shinji and Remi react!?
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:18 am
Remi had thought dealing with Stella would be more of a simpler task in comparison to Van. This however, lead to a more shocking moment for here. Stella is even better than she had anticipated with her Misra control. This had distracted her for brief moment while Van had closed the distance. "Figures she wouldn't go down so easily." Remi would think to herself. Unfortunately for her, this slight distraction had allowed Van ample time to send a kick to her side. Taking her arm closest to the young assassin, she'd block as best as she could but would still be kicked some distance away. After regaining her footing, she could see Stella and Van in front of her with Kuro in the air. This was not a favorable match up for her.

Shinji on the other hand would be faced with Kane and Nir. Benkei had split the field in attempts to shake things up. This would not work on Shinji as well as he thought. Being able to read the movements well. He move nimbly while Nir came in with his slash. Shinji had blocked the slash rather easily. "Kinda funny how the next time we fight, you're the one all banged up." Shinji smirked. "I'll have to up the score now to make it 1 to 1-" Shinji had sad right before noticing Kane appearing behind him to go in for a straight punch. Suddenly a burst of Misra had emitted frim his body as it completely vanished. He'd appear several feet backwards from his initial position. Shinji had a very displeased look on his face. This wouldn't last long as his eyes grew wide and mouth gapped open. He looked in pain.

The demon had appeared before him sending its own straight punch to his midsection, blowing him away into nearby debris. Quickly turning to Kane and Nir, the demon charge forward, taking Nir by the face and tossing him directly at Benkei. This would blow them both back quite a ways. The demon would now stare down Kane with a menacing look. Shinji had attempted to get up but would fall over on all fours, coughing. He noticed Kane and the demon but wondered, what happened to Biggs. The young man was seen laying face down on the ground unconscious.

Last edited by virgil on Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:35 pm
As the battle raged on benkei had created a fissure to separate the groups but it only helped with very little work. Nir and Kane had been fighting shinji, van and Stella had been dealing with remi and her magical attacks as benkei provided support. this angered him so as he would spin his staff deflecting her fire balls to help Stella but question the point of this battle instead of working together. Van had noticed two more preparing to enter the battle field as he went to deal with them. Benkei would support Stella best he could as he then noticed nir flying towards him with great speed as he caught him just in time but was sent flying back crashing into ruble "urghhh!!! What in bloody hell is happening this battle field is a dam mess!". Benkei would look down "nir! Nir! Are you okay my friend?". He had waited for his response as he could see in the distance the demon had now been facing Kane and Shinji with biggs no where in sight "well this just complicated things alot but we should be working together instead of fucking fighting one another !". Benkei called to Stella and remi trying to get there attention as to the demon close by while waiting for nir to respond.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:01 pm
Stella had stepped forward, calling out to Remi. ”Why do you attack us!? We have done nothing to provoke you!” Van had raised his hand, gesturing for Stella to stop. ”There’s no point in asking her anything. They’ve come to protect their friend. Isn’t that right?” He glared at Remi as he questioning. ”Virgil wasn’t it?” Stella had turned to Van before looking back at Remi. ”You don’t have to answer. It doesn’t matter anyways. If you’re going to protect something like that, then you deserve the same fate.” He said coldly, slowly entering a stance. ”Prepare yourself.” Stella had felt the cold presence coming from Van. In her mind, she was conflicted. If what Van was saying was true, then, were they just trying to truly keep their friend safe?

With Kane, Benkei and Nir, however, things weren’t looking to be in their favor. In the blink of an eye, Shinji had been sent flying by the demon, who must have handled Biggs. It had then followed up by grabbing Nir and sending him flying into Benkei, who’d catch the Galatian Captain. They’d crash into rubble, but were still conscious. ”Ugh…Thanks Benkei….” Nir said, looking up at the demon. ”…This thing is just way too strong for us…” He continued, holding his side. Kane had held his ground, staring back at the demon. He slid his feet across the ground, lowering himself and keeping his guard up. ”Hey! Demon! Before we duke it out some more, tell me, what’s your name?” Kane asked. Although an answer was unlikely, he still attempted. ”I just need to know. Is this really Virgil, or something else.” He thought to himself.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:51 am
With the brief stare down between Van, Stella and Remi, the hand of the Oracle had took the opportunity to question their motives. Van had interrupted her, stating it was of no concern. He had also implied that the demon was in fact Virgil. Remi wasn't too surprised from this. Her goal was always the same. To protect her friends. Remi had lowered her guard pointing her face to the ground slightly with her eyes closed. After a deep breath she had said,  "We know of the consequences and we know that there will be many sacrifices... But no matter what, we will always put our lives on the line to protect our own. You people who would try to kill my friend will have to kill me first." Her determination had boasted much bravado.

"It's a good thing I had time to prepare this." She would take her thumb and bite off a small piece off her skin in order to bleed herself. Within the open Grimoire, she'd swipe her bloodied thumb inside. "Come forth! Hellfire's servant!" A spectral looking creature with yellow glowing eyes and no mouth would form. It's body had no legs as it would float similar to Kuro. It had arms longer than it's body with sharp claws. It's body was multiple shades of red, looking rough and hard all over. it had a demonic presence similar to that of the great Ifrit. Red misty Misra would seep from It's body. Something was different about this Misra though.

Back on Kane's side, he'd question the demon asking for it's name. To no surprise, the demon had not spoken a word.

Shinji would finally make it to his feet, moving over to Biggs in the distance. "You good bro?" Biggs was slow to move but would eventually roll over to his back. "So what now?" He'd ask. "It's just like we planned for. They should be here any moment." Shinji would reply. "Right. In that case..." Biggs would then sit up to a stand up. "Let's go..." The two young men were ready to rejoin the battle.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:17 am
While holding nir benkei was close enough to Kane to hear the one name he had been asking for "Virgil....that thing is Virgil! Instead of telling us that from the start you chose to hide it like it was nothing!!!". Benkei gripped the ground in anger but his body was violently shaking. Benkei set nir down and looked the demon square in the face "he killed so many people but if that is in fact Virgil he clearly would not have wanted this he couldn't have wanted this!" Benkei struggle to come to terms with what is the right thing to do along with the fact that Virgil friends chose to say nothing "had he killed one of you ,would you have chose to save him even if it means ending his life ". Benkei summoned one gauntlet to his right hand as that was all he could muster but remi had summon a new creature to battle van,kuro and Stella "Van do not kill remi but do what you will with that misra creature and if it comes to it ...... Virgil as well.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:55 pm
Stella listened to every word Remi said. She thought of Nir and Persephone, again understanding why Remi was doing what she was doing. But did it justify her actions? Absolutely not. ”Please, we don’t want to harm you! I understand that you’re trying to protect your friend, but at least allow us to help!” Van had suddenly turned to Stella, ”SHUT UP!!! Enough with that talk! You think she’s going to listen to that!?” Stella was mortified. Was this truly her ally, and how he was acting with her? ”V-Van…” The young man turned back to Remi, who had conjured up a spectral being from her book. A powerful fire had emerged around her, opening two glowing eyes. This was some type of being she summoned, and its energy was foul. Stella’s eyes had widened as she took a few steps back. ”What is that?” She questioned. Van had continued to step forward, ”Stella, just stay out of this. You’d only be a burden to me.” As he approached Remi and the fire being, Kuro hovered over, watching. ”You’re so mean man!” Not even Benkei’s words, which were slightly inaudible to Van, could stop him.

”Benkei!” Nir called out, reaching out to him. ”D-Don’t! Ugh!” He held his side in pain. ”Don’t overdo it Benkei….You may die….” The Galatian gritted his teeth, closing his eyes, ”Think of Alexander and Dolphy!!! They died for us all! Don’t throw their sacrifice away!”

virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:41 pm
Van was unwilling to talk things through. He had already been frustrated with the demon and now to add in Remi and the others. It would seem that both Van and Remi were on the same page. Remi would watch as Van shouted at Stella to stay out of this fight. The way he spoke to her left an ill taste in her mouth. "You sure you don't need her help to fight me?: A snarky remark purposely to throw him off. Remi would then motion her hands to direct the familiar she had created. It would charge in at Van striking down with one arm. Remi had sent out 4 small fire balls that would follow behind. Upon Van's reaction, they would home in on him.

Shinji and Biggs had reached Kane and Virgil. They were in a triangular formation with the two boys being furthest away. Biggs would notice Benkei attempting to move in on the demon. He seemed almost fixated. "I took a beating and it feels like I could collapse any moment. I'm surprised that Benkei could even still move let alone walk." Shinji would glance over as well. Nir was in sight as well. Shinji would then look towards Remi on the high ground. She'd be face to face with Van, Kuro and Stella. Shinji would grit his teeth. The situation they were on was never in their favor but if they were able to stall until the others arrive then things would be much better for them. "Can you handle things here?" He'd ask of Biggs. "Huh? What do you-" "I'll go help Remi, she's outnumbered. And who knows how long she'll last. We still need more time." Biggs would look to Remi's area then back to the demon's direction. "It doesn't seem like those two will be able to join in any time soon. So I should be good here." Shinji would smile at his friend before saying thanks and leaving for Remi's side.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:50 am
As benkei tried to run towards the demon from the corner of his eye he would notice remi and van about to fight and collide but Stella was in danger "dam it! " Benkei was forced to switch his position and run to Stella location instead to save her as he picked up speed "I'm wasting touch energy but I need to get there " he would slam his staff on the ground and use it to bounce forward to shoot towards Stella and grab her. He would pick her up "my lady right now this isn't a place for you we need to go ". He would run and dodge any attack remi would send best he could and try to bring her to nir "help nir while you can and shield him me and the other will handle this situation, I know nir is concerned with my well being but I'll come back I promise...well most of me I hope". Benkei would look at the approaching shinji "this guy again! Doesn't really know how to use his head!" Benkei would attempt to intercept him while calling for his staff.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:24 am
The spectre charged forth! Its massive frame reached Van in no time, where it slammed its fist down. In a swift move, Van dashed forward, turning his body as the creature missed its attack! However, its momentum sent it straight towards Stella, who was overcome by fear. ”Oh no!” She yelled out, raising her arms to form a barrier. But before she could, Benkei had carried her off her feet! ”Benkei!?” She looked at him. In his eyes were the look of determination, but he also looked worn out. It was clear that he was running on fumes and fighting the fatigue.

While she was being returned to Nir’s side, away from the battle, Van had cut through the fire being’s arm with his blade. The blade’s metal seemingly absorbed the Misra from the flames as it cut through! And continuing in his attack, Van danced around the fireballs, cutting them in the process. With each swipe, the Devourer consumed. ”It wasn’t able to absorb that thing’s Misra, but this doesn’t seem to be a problem at all.” Van thought, as he returned his gaze to Remi, quickly moving towards her with his blade. ”Here! Take this back!” He dragged the tip of the blade across the ground before slashing towards Remi! All of the Misra absorbed prior, was released in a massive arc that cut through the cliff-side itself!

Below, Nir had been with Stella. The two were close together, watching as Benkei moved in to now attack Shinji. ”Stella, are you okay?” He asked. She nodded her head, unable to remove her gaze from Benkei. ”I am! I’m just worried about Benkei. He doesn’t look too well!” She said, turning to Nir. ”Yeah, he’s exhausted too much energy. I tried to keep him from fighting again, but he’s….” The Galatian frowned, lowering his head. ”He’s made his decision…”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:32 am
The battle between Remi and Van would continue after Benkei's intervention. Van didn't waste any time in countering her familiar. He'd take a slice at it's arm cutting it and sending an arc of stored Misra right at her. This did not only surprise her once but twice. She'd quickly react, narrowly avoiding the massive attack. The strike had taken a chunk of the cliff off. As the piece had slid down, Remi had thought to herself for a moment. Making one wrong move against someone like Van would prove fatal.

Recollecting herself after nearly losing her life, Remi would redirect the familiar towards Van once more. She would scatter multiple fire balls around the young assassin. They were held in place while the familiar attacked. Remi would then begin to gather Misra once the fireballs were in place. It was clear that she had not given up just yet.

As for Shinji, Benkei had cut in front of him stopping him in his path. "What do you possibly hope to accomplish? If you continue to fight like that, you really will die." Biggs would cut in. "Don't worry about him, I'll handle this. You just go worry about Remi." Shinji would look to his friend. "You're right... Sorry I'll let you handle this one." The blonde young man would sigh turning his back walking away. He'd also revealed the back of his hand in the air as if saying bye. Biggs would step to Benkei. "You know he's right. Keep pushing yourself like that and you really will die." Biggs would say.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:16 pm
As Benkei landed in front of shinji he would look at hi. With anger "I deserve answers, Virgil is my friend my rival but Instead of talking to us you dam near try to kill us !" Benkei gritted his teeth before Biggs had come to interrupt them and Shinji used the opportunity to run off to help remi "God dam it I'm not done with you!!!!!" Benkei turned his sights to Biggs and then his face changed "um not to be rude but uhhhhh what's your name and who are you ?". Biggs seem to show concern with benkei well being and he sighed "you seem like a normal human being with values care to tell me what's going on or ?????" Benkei summoned only one gauntlet on his hand which is all he could muster and held his staff in the other looking at Biggs "seriously I don't know you "
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:43 pm
Van stood there. In his silence, he watched as the cliffside slid down. Remi was fortunate enough to avoid the attack. ”A shame I missed.” He said, staring down at the cut inflicted on the earth itself. As he stood still, Remi directed the familiar to attack once again, this time summoning forth multiple fireballs and commanding them to sit stationary around the young assassin. ”I won’t miss this time.” Van said, turning towards Remi. His face was cold and empty. There was much sorrow and hatred behind his blank stare, as his sole emerald of an eye pierced into Remi’s soul. With his hand raised, from the shadow generated from Remi’s flames emerged Twilight. It was Van’s control over the shadow, and with it had engulfed Remi’s fireballs. Multiple arms had extended from the familiar’s shadow as well, beginning to envelop the creature and bind it in its tracks.

To execute such a counter required much effort mentally, and good Misra control. A bead of sweat had even formed from Van’s forehead. But his determination was there. He wouldn’t allow them to survive. Any ally to evil was evil itself, and it had to be exterminated at all costs. ”Goodbye.” From behind Remi, Kuro had hovered, having made his way to her during Van’s counter. From his spectral form emerged a scythe, drawn back and ready to carve Remi’s head clean off. ”Sorry about this!”

Below, Nir and Stella watched Benkei and Biggs. The two had been speaking to each orher, but it seemed like Benkei was unfamiliar with Biggs, questioning his identity. ”Is Benkei really serious?” Nir asked, holding his side in pain. Stella nodded, ”I’m afraid so.” She answered; sharing the same confusion to the questioning. ”This is no time to be asking questions Benkei! Don’t do anything rash!! If you run out of Misra, you’ll die!”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:53 am
With a bit of disappointment, Benkei had completely forgotten who Biggs even was. It was almost jaw dropping seeing Benkei act so nonchalant. Biggs had let out a sigh. "That's kinda depressing to be forgotten." Showing his emotion, the young man appeared to genuinely be hurt from this. His face was gloomy as he stared into the ground. Benkei proceeded with asking another question, to which Biggs would answer. "It's ok for you not to understand. We wouldn't expect anyone to quite honestly... We need this demon alive is about all I can say. You all should just leave and let us handle this." Biggs would stand his ground with the approaching Benkei. "It's Biggs by the way."

Returning tp Remi's side, She had been continuously overwhelmed by Van. Shinji had already been making his way to them. While Van was handling the familiar, Kuro had been lurking in the shadows, waiting for this moment. Remi had been to fixated on van to notice the shadowy spectre emerge from behind her. Shinji had just made it to the upper level but was much to far away to reach her! "REMI!! BEHIND YOU!!" He would shout at the top of his lungs. The young woman had slowly turned to notice Kuro in that moment. He'd apologize right before cleaving her head off or so he had thought was going to happen.

Razor sharp fangs had grasped behind the neck of Kuro, launching him far off in the distance. It was Koji!! The young wolf pup had appeared just in time to save Remi from the fatal blow. "Koji!?" Remi would shout from shock. "Thank you." She'd pet the wolf cub thanking him with a smile. Shinji had let out a sigh of relief as he focused his attention to van. From the side, Van would be met with a fist that seemed like it was the size of a giant's. Once again, Shinji eased up in relief. Miranda had finally appeared! As her fist connected, it would knock van down onto the lower level of the battle ground, towards Nir and Stella. Misra had been flowing in her space as she walked to the edge of the cliff. She looked like she was in a powering up type of stance, except her hands were open. With a large grin on her face she seemed just like a demon, ready to lose herself to pure instinct. "Now... who wants to dance?"
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:34 pm
Benkei watched as Biggs introduced himself with a sigh and asked benkei group to step aside "ah I see nice to formally meet you Biggs but we are comrades and friends of Virgil as well so we had every right to know about this". Benkei pointed his staff at Biggs "you made it impossible to step away once you attacked us instead of break everything down......you think I want to kill him but I don't I just want to stop him but at the rate he is going and the indestructible power he is capable of I'm running out of options to help my friend so either helps us or step aside ....your full of yourself ". Benkei would make a surprising threat towards Biggs which was so unlike him but he was determined to stop Virgil even if it ment making the harsh choice's. Benkei had small amounts of lightning crackling between his fingers with his gauntlet on . Benkei knew he was running on what little fumes he had but Biggs was also fighting the demon and was tired as well "your move big man you guna let us help stop him or stand in my way? Again I don't Wana kill him but unless u got a better idea?"
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:56 pm
Before the shadow scythe could even touch Remi’s skin, Kuro was stopped. ”What the!?” The spectral being found himself locked in the jaws of the wolf pup Koji, who then tossed him away from Remi. Kuro was sent a considerable distance into the air, where he transformed into a raven. ”Oh! Thank you! Thank you! I really didn’t want to cut her head off! BUT THAT BITE WASN’T COOL!” Van, was met with another force, however. Even with presence of another Misra signature suddenly triggering his alarm, he was too slow to even react! With a punch to his face, he was sent straight down to the lower level, crashing in between Benkei and Biggs! The force had sent him sliding towards Nir and Stella, who were shocked to see Van arriving in such manner. ”Van!!!” She said, rushing to his side.

The young man had been shaking in pain, and in pure anger. His eyepatch had fallen off from the hit, but his eye remained closed from the immediate swelling. ”Who….Who was that!?!?” He asked, slowly struggling to stand. ”Van, don’t! Whoever did that to you is far too strong to even challenge.” Nir said. He walked over to Van and placed a hand on his shoulder, looking up at the cliff side. ”Was it her? I’ve never seen her before.” Stella asked. ”Must have been.” Nir replied.

The two had pondered the possibility of this woman causing such damage, and just how powerful she truly was. Even Kane, who had been entertaining Virgil for the brief moment, had caught onto her signature. And upon sensing her, he quickly leapt away from Virgil, returning to the others. ”What happened?” Kane asked Stella and Nir, keeping his eye on Virgil. ”We really—“ Van suddenly interrupted Stella, standing to his feet. ”She blind-sided me! She’ll pay for it!” Kane’s eyes slowly made their way from Virgil to the woman standing atop the cliff. ”First thing’s first Van; you won’t do anything. She’s clearly too strong for you. I can feel it. Second, why would you even try to harm such a beautiful woman like her?” The three were dumbfounded by the comment made by Kane. ”Now that I have the chance to feel everything out, it seems we’ve got newcomers. Only thing is, one of them is carrying such a frightening power. And I’m not talking about Virgil here….”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:15 pm
Biggs would still be in disbelief of how forgetful Benkei was. He'd let out another long sigh. "Regardless of what you may believe, I'm telling you to leave this to us. We can handle this situation just fine but you all are in the way..." Biggs would try to plea with the hardheaded Benkei. "Even if we couldn't handle it, you don't have much strength to continue fighting. Attempting to fight would guarantee death. So, stand down." Biggs would once again stand his ground.

In between both Benkei and Biggs, Van had come crashing down. Biggs would be shocked to see the young assassin fly past. He'd look to the direction of where he came and to his surprise, Miranda had been standing at the top of the cliff. "Miss Miranda!" The was such a light heartedness to his voice as she appeared. With her in play, the tensions the three from Ovale had, faded quickly. Their faith in Miranda held a candle to none.

Miranda would survey the field, carefully determining each present person's position. She could see how flustered Van was. "He sure does got a lot of spunk but... he won't do any good." She'd then set her eyes on Kane who had appeared before Van and the others. A little smirk would be worn on her face. It's like she had an itch for excitement. In an instant, Miranda had vanished and reappeared in front of Van, Kane, Nir and Stella. With her positioning, she was in between the group and the demon. "You there..." Miranda would point to Kane. "You seem to be the most capable. Dance with me for a bit." She'd urge Kane, motioning him to come forward. Van had been the closest to her. Regardless of his anger towards her, she paid him no mind. He wasn't worth her time is what she determined.

The demon would not sit idly by as the people before it would casually hold their own conversation. It had still been fixated on Kane and so it would dash towards him. Several strikes would be thrown at him.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:43 pm
Benkei would listen to Biggs who continued to tell him to stand down "you keep saying that but I have yet to hear a plan instead I see my team being attacked with no explanation and you want us to stand down! How about you stop fighting us and help us stop Virgil before he rampages and kills someone I care about !". Benkei became distressed and frustrated until he saw van being sent flying towards them and crashing "what in gods name just happened!" He would look up in the direction that he came from to see a woman standing above all and calling out Kane "WHO IS THIS WOMAN NOW! ALL THESE NEW PLAYERS I NEVRR MET !!!!". In that very instant the demon gave no chance to recover as he charges at Kane "look out!"
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:28 am
The woman, Miranda, appeared before the group. She was fixated on Kane, paying Van no mind. Although his blood boiled in his anger, he understood that he was no match for her. ”Damn her…” He thought to himself, clenching both of his fists. ”Don’t do anything rash Van.” Nir called out behind him. ”Just leave it to Kane…” Stella added. Van closed his other eye in frustration. ”This entire situation is irking me beyond belief.”

Kane quickly held his finger up, ”Hey, just shut it already.” He smiled, stroking his hair back as he gave Miranda a look. ”Can’t you see Van? This beauty has asked me to dance with her. I can’t possibly turn—“ He was caught off. The demon did not sit back idly, choosing to attack Kane with multiple strikes! ”What’s the matter!? Getting a little jealous!?” Kane yelled out, leaping away from the demon, bringing the creature away from the others.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:12 am
Miranda would watch as the demon had taken the fight to Kane. The expert assassin was able to avoid each blow, leading it further and further away. So impatient..." The older woman would simply sigh and gave a low shrug. "But this would be a nice stretch." She'd smirk and then before their very eyes, she'd vanish. Moments later, as the demon kept striking at Kane, Miranda came crashing down on it, smashing him into the ground with tremendous force. As this was happened, she gradually raised her gaze at Kane. With the same menacing smirk on her face, she was ready to fight the assassin while the demon was incapacitated at the moment. With a quick dash, She'd meet Kane face to face, throwing a straight left at him with great force.

On the upper level, Shinji, Remi and Koji had been watching as they see Miranda engage both the demon and Kane. "With Miss Miranda here she'll be able to handle those two... We have to make sure that the others don't interfere..." Shinji was getting ready to head down to the lower level. Remi would nod and with Koji was also ready to move. "Wait!" This familiar voice had stopped them in there tracks. It was Nostradamus and Anna! These two have finally caught up to them. "Master Nos!" The two would shout. "Is it time yet?" Remi would ask. "No not yet my dear. Miranda will need to weaken him first before we make our move. Shinji..." "Yes master?" "Allow Anna to heal you up. There seems to be a fellow down there that would pose a problem if you aren't careful. Best to handle it in good health." "You must mean Van." Remi added. "He is pretty good admittedly." They would all look to her as she explained how Van was quite the capable fighter. "Yeah I know... The three of them are all tough but Benkei and Nir aren't able to fight fully right now. Van would be the most immediate threat." Nostradamus had listened to their conversation. "Ah so these are friends of yours?" He'd ask. "Ehh well not exactly... We're more like acquaintances with a common goal." Shinji replied. "They were trying to kill Virgil so naturally we couldn't allow that." Remi added. "I see..." Nostradamus had now grasped the situation. "Well for now, let's just ensure they don't bother Miranda." They'd agree and waited until Anna finished healing Shinji's injuries.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:25 am
Kane was briefly taken back by Miranda’s strength. In one blow, she managed to put the creature down for the moment. ”Beautiful and powerful!!! Wow!” Kane said before coming face-to-face with Miranda. In the blink of an eye, she moved in to attack Kane, sending a straight left. Kane had quickly reacted to her attack, moving to the left side, just outside of her arm, and sending a hook to her body. ”I’ll have to be careful with her. She’s no joke.” Kane thought to himself as he countered Miranda.

On the other side, Tobias and Kira, who had been watching from afar, noticed that the main threat was gone. With Kane luring the creature away, the coast was clear. ”Kira my girl, perhaps we should meet back with the others! This is our opportunity!” Tobias said, standing from the cover. ”Yeah! Let’s hurry before that thing comes back!!” She replied, also standing from her cover. With much haste, the two ran towards the others.

”Van, is Kane going to be alright?” Nir asked. ”Yeah, you don’t have to worry about him.” Van answered as he placed the eyepatch back on. ”Good. I need to speak with them…” Nir said, looking up at those on the cliff. ”Speak with them?” Questioned Van. ”Yes. I just want to understand why they defend that creature, and what the course of action will be. We’re all against this thing. We don’t need to be fighting each other.” Stella nodded in agreement. ”I’m with you Nir. We should remain civil, not resorting to violence. There seems to be a reason they are protecting it, and we should find out what it is.”

As they continued to speak, Tobias and Kira ran past Biggs, reaching the group. ”Oh goodness! I am out of breath!” Said Tobias as he panted. Kira had crossed her arms, shaking her head. ”That wasn’t even a long run! You really need to get in shape!”
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum