TRACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

The fateful reunion.. Empty The fateful reunion..

Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:55 pm
The storm had finally begun to pass after so long. The phenomenon was quite baffling, but it was finally over. A light rain remained however, coming forth from the cloud cover. It presented the group with a rather depressing setting. Outside of The Golden Lion, Van had been standing, looking up into the sky as the rain continued to fall. He seemed to be in deep thought, the water streaming down his face. ”It’s finally over.” He said softly. ”Yeah.” Said Kane, who was standing beside the ramp. As usual, he was smoking a cigar, also looking at the clouds. ”We should get back on the ship. I’m sure we could take off now.” Kane said, tossing the cigar. ”Yeah...” Van replied. Although he didn’t mention it, the young man had sensed something troubling. He couldn’t explain what it was, but it was there. He turned around, following Kane back into the ship.

Inside of the ship, Nir had been sitting in the control station, looking at the map. His finger traced itself from their current position to Valkor.  ”It’ll take a day, maybe two at most.” Behind him was Stella, who had her hand placed on his shoulder. ”And that’s if we don’t encounter any other obstacles right?” He nodded, leaning back and sighing. ”Yeah....That storm took too much of our time. We’re also running a little low on food provisions.” Stella had leaned in, hovering over Nir’s shoulder with her face. ”Have faith Nir. We will find her.” She said with a smile.

Below the deck, Tobias had been reading a book, laying in a hammock that came with the airship. ”Kira, my girl, you should start your studies. Although we aren’t in Galatia, you shouldn’t stop learning.” Kira had been sitting at a table, arms crossed and chin resting on her forearms. She didn’t seem amused with Tobias, or his suggestion. ”You are so boring Tobias! Why don’t you ever do anything else?” Tobias was shocked, his eyebrows twitching. ”B-Boring!? What do you mean!?” Kira had sat up, turning to him. ”I’d rather learn how to fight! Learn a skill that’ll be useful during this mission! Maybe I should go up hang out with the others!” Tobias had closed his eyes, sighing. ”A young lady like yourself should focus more on the knowledge this world has to offer, not battle. That’s not for you Kira. You...You aren’t—“ Kira had stood up immediately, slamming her hands on the table. “I’m not what!? I’m not suitable for battle? I’m just the same little girl to you huh? The same little girl that needs to be protected all the time? I don’t know if you’ve forgotten, but my father is missing! I don’t even know if he’s alive! And I’m not going to find out just being a scribe reading all day!” Her lips quivered as she kept herself from crying. ”Am I just a coward Tobias? Is that all I’m going to be? Am I —“ Tobias had closed the book, his eyes lowered. ”Are you what? Just going to be like me? A helpless old coward who’d rather dive into his books than pick up a sword?” Kira was silent. She didn’t know how to respond. ”Kira, I made a promise to your father. It was to protect you. I don’t want you to get hurt...I want you to be safe Kira....”
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

The fateful reunion.. Empty Re: The fateful reunion..

Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:59 pm
It seemed like forever had past since they started their journey to find the oracle. Everytime the goal seemed every so close obstacles continued to get in their way and finally the last one, a massive storm had finally passed. Even so tension was in the air as benkei sat still for hours in a trance like state, flashes of his life or what seemed like his life flooded his head. As all this going on Kira and tobias were arguing about Kira own being and her usefulness,at this moment benkei stood up listening to the argument from afar but benkei would interrupt them before something they both would regret would be said. Benkei would slam his staff on the floor to cut the tension ,he seemed a bit off not like his usual self and the vibrations from the slam courses through the whole ship "enough you two.....tobias I know where you are coming from as you see her as a grandchild". He would look at Kira "you are far from useless but you also have a important roll to play in our group, I did not know ur father I have fought beside the man and I know you fear losing him but that beast will not fall I tell you that much, this fight or this war has many ways to approach it but the number one thing is to play things smart use your heads, your mind is the greatest weapon". Benkei looked at them both "for a man who dives into such books ,you knowledge has helped us across the way many times so do not take that for granted!" Benkei looked at Kira "and you are more than capable especially when it has come to helping us gather intel and putting ur life on the line in enemy territory".
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:01 am
Both Kira and Tobias had turned to Benkei, who had previously interjected. They’d both look down, understanding that he was right. ”You make a good point my boy...” Tobias said, turning to Kira. ”I love Kira with all of my heart. She is like my grandchild. I don’t know what I’d do if something were to happen to her. Especially after the promise made to her father...” In that moment, Kira had been overcome with emotion. She’d suddenly lunge from her seat, hugging onto Tobias. ”I’m sorry Tobias!!! I’m so sorry! It’s just that I miss papa Leo!!!! I don’t want him to die!!! And I don’t want The Oracle to die either!!!!” The girl had begun crying. She was comforted by Tobias, who’d look to Benkei. ”Thank you my boy...”

The start of the engine had eventually sounded. The Golden Lion was finally taking lift off. ”Oh! We’re finally moving!” Kira had raised her head from Tobias’ chest, ”We’re leaving???? Well! It’s about time!!!!!” She said, standing from Tobias and leaving the room. ”Well, that was short-lived. Hahaha! To be a grandpa...”
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:02 am
Benkei watched the heart warming moment and bowed his head "do not thank me just take care of each other properly and respect one another, no one is less important than the other or weaker ". As he spoke the ship started to move and he sighed "oh dear lord thank you we can move again and we can finally get somewhere towards the oracle!". Benkei would walk towards kane and van "we all set to go old man? Any idea of the next stop towards are goal ". Benkei would look at van with a dead look ,not of hate or dislike but questions.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:04 am
Kane, who had been seated, quickly turned around to face Benkei, pointing at him. ”What the hell does smoking have to do with being old!? If anything, you forgetting means you’re getting old!!!” He’d take a large pull from the cigar, blowing out smoke and crossing his arms. ”Oh dear, I feel much older now...”  Tobias said, lowering his head and walking to the center table. Kira had followed him, patting him on the back. ”There there Tobias. You don’t have to listen to that bully.” Kane grinned, turning back around. ”You heard the girl. You’re a bully Benkei! Now apologize!” Kane smirked, holding in his laughter.

Stella had been sitting at the table giggling to herself. ”I am never not entertained when I’m with you all.” She said, smiling. Nir nodded, ”Yeah, same with me. I’m glad to have you all here. Thank you. The Oracle’s disappearance continues to eat at me, but with you guys here, I feel like we have hope.” Kane smirked, ”You two are going to make me cry. Heh.” Kane had lodged the cigar in between his teeth, closing his eyes. Van remained silent, his head lowered as he leaned against the wall. ”Hey! I’m also glad to be here! Before this, life was so boring!!!” Van, opened his eye, turning to Kuro. ”What was that?” Everyone had bursted into laughter, annoying Van as he’d sigh and would walk to the exit. ”.....You guys are nuts.” He said, leaving the command station.

”Jeez! What’s with him?” Kane asked, turning slightly to Kuro. ”Beeeeats me! I’m just excited to be on this mission! So, are we close to Valkor yet!?” Kane shook his head, removing the cigar from his mouth. ”No, not even close. We lost a lot of time during that storm. So we have much land to cover. I’d say that we’re about a day and half away from reaching the border of Paleides and Golmir. Am I right Stella?” Stella had looked to the map, nodding. ”Yes, you’re right.”
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:12 am
As benkei stood there and mentioned kane's age again ,he would belittle benkei as he had forgotten where they were heading "that has nothing to do with age ! We just have alot going on and it's hard to keep up ". He watched as tobias felt attacked and walked away from the group to sulk while Kira comforted him and calling benkei a bully "hey hey lady Kira I'm not a bully it was just a comparison that's all nothing hurtful I apologise". Kane and everyone would laugh as they seemed more comfortable with one another including kuro but van still seemed dead set on distancing himself again. Benkei would follow van "so do you know what is in valkor? Did you and kane travel their recently before meeting us ?". Benkei tried to get him to speak even if it was about anything "hopefully the clues about the oracle draw closer ,lately I have been having a funny feeling like something could be close by or wrong". Benkei felt great unease as it was a for shadow on what's to come
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:22 pm
Van had been leaning against the railing of the airship, watching the rain as it lightly showered over the trees below. He didn’t mind being wet, as a matter of fact, it cooled him off. It felt good. The small moment that he had to himself was soon over, as Benkei stepped out of the command station, following Van. He turned his head slightly towards Benkei. ”No, I don’t know anything about Valkor. Can’t say the same about Kane. He’s been all over the place...”  He then turned his head back, looking up at the clouds. ”The Oracle seems so far out of reach for us it seems. Everytime we make progress, something just pulls us back. It’s like fate itself isn’t in our favor.”

Van leaned forward, now resting his forearms on the railing. ”Sometimes I wonder why Kane took the job. Sometimes I wonder why he has so much hope in finding her....”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:43 pm
Benkei leaned against the railing along side van "we always get so close then something comes and ruins everything, as if destiny is against us ". Benkei rubbed his shoulders and sighed "as for kane he probably took the job for a reason besides money, as if he owes it to himself to atone for something". Benkei looked at van "are you here for just the money or are you and kuro searching for something besides a excuse to hunt duran scum".
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:17 am
Van smirked, lowering his head and resting his forehead on the railing. There was a brief silence as Van thought to himself, raising his head and turning to Benkei. ”Kuro and I? We’re just tagging along I guess....” This, however, was a lie. There was much mystery to Van and Kuro. Truthfully, the young man was searching for his purpose. He thought back to his upbringing, remembering a certain person who was of much importance to him. “There is much you have to learn Van. Seek us out when you’re ready to change this world....” That’s all he could think of as he stood there in the rain. ”I can’t say the same about Kane. Perhaps he does have something to prove. In time, we’ll tell...” He said, looking again at the clouds. The door behind them would open. It was Nir, who had come out to check on them.

”Guys, it’s raining. Why are you borh standing out here?” He asked, opening his arms and feeling the rain. ”Actually, this feels pretty good...” Nir had closed his eyes, feeling the rain drops land on his face, where they rolled down his cheeks. ”It feels great.” Van had turned around. How could Nir be so at peace? He thought. The Oracle seemed like she was very important to him, and yet here he was enjoying the rain. Here he was, able to wear a smile on his face. What was it with everyone having this hope? This faith that she was still safe, still alive....Van could not understand it at all. He slowly turned around, looking down at the trees below.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:39 am
Benkei watched van as he was briefly silent then finally answered benkei that he was just along for the ride "oh I see just a tag along ...." Benkei muttered under his breath "you guys are bad liars I can tell you that ". The rain trickled down on them slowly feeling kind of comforting as if it was washing away their very sins and worry"well kane is truly a mystery but in time we will come to understand him and his ways " benkei went back inside with the girls as he didn't want to get very soaked and sat behind tobias "so old man tell me something, how did you get to be so close to the daughter of a powerful hero? She was entrusted in your care?". As he spoke that feeling of unease struck benkei again putting him in a small panic.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:48 pm
Van remained outside, his hair drooping down under the rain. In his silence, he watched Benkei return to the command station. ”What an interesting fella...” Nir said, walking to Van’s side and leaning against the railing. ”A part of me is still disappointed that there was no announced victor. You know, when he fought against Virgil...?” Van had sighed, ”Yeah...” Nir smirked, ”So, who do you think would have won?” Van had raised his head, turning to Nir. ”That match? I think Virgil would have won...” Nir nodded, looking off into the distance. ”Virgil huh? I think our Benkei would have pulled through.” Nir said with a smile.

The choice of words from Nir had caught Van off-guard. Why did he refer to him as, “our”? All he could think of was the relationships he had back when he was younger. The relationship between his mentor and his two friends. ”Our huh?” He uttered under his breath, turning away. ”We should probably head inside though. We’ll only catch a cold staying out here in the rain...”

Inside, Tobias and Kira were at the table looking over the map with Stella. Benkei had asked about the relationship between Tobias and Kira. The older man had moved his chair, so that he could face Benkei and Kira. ”How was I so close to her? Well, you pretty much nailed it on the head Benkei. How intuitive of you, my boy!” Kira had nodded, ”Tobias here has been taking good care of me since I was a baby! He’s like my grandfather!” She added. ”Yes, that is correct. I had made a promise to protect her and look after. So I’ve been doing her father that favor the entire time.” Tobias said, smiling as he looked over to Kira. ”It has been quite some time.”

The door had opened up, with Nir and Van returning indoors. They were soaking wet from the rain outside. ”Oh! You two are drenched!” She had then looked at Benkei, ”Oh my goodness, so are you Benkei!” Kane had frowned, turning his head slightly. ”Hey! You guys better not mess up the floor!”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:38 pm
Benkei smiled as he explained that benkei was right that he had been caring for Kira since a infant and he became her grandfather "what a responsibility you had all these years Tobias haha she must of been a handful ". Nir and van had returned indoors soaking wet from the rain but stella also had noticed was a bit wet as well. Benkei looked at himself "I will be okay I promise my lady " kane had then yelled at the three to not ruin the floor which had irritated benkei "WHY ARE YOU SO CONCERNED WITH THE FLOOR OLD MAN! ITS A SHIP ITS BOUND TO HAPPEN!"
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:33 pm
Tobias had crossed his arms, leaning back. ”You can say she was!” He said, laughing. ”Heeeey! What’s that supposed to mean exactly? I’m not a handful!” Kira said, standing up and placing both hands at her hips. Both Stella and Nir had laughed together. ”Such a wonderful relationship you two have!” Stella said, smiling. ”Yeah, I agree with Stella! You both have something special going on!”

The pure and touching moment had been cut short. Benkei, again, had responded to Kane once more with an antagonizing comment. ”You keep calling me an old man I’ll blow you up!!! I swear!!! And mop up the floor!” Kane yelled, gritting his teeth and raising a fist. ”Our greatest moments are always short-lived...Haha...” Nir commented, rubbing the back of his head. ”You’ve got that right!”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:06 am
As the group shared a touching but funny moment it was short lived by kane ordering benkei around as he gritted his teeth and he grabbed a mop "YOUR NOT MY DAD!!!! DONT ORDER ME AROUND!". Benkei mopped the floor before looking at van as kane threatened to blow up benkei "can he even do such a thing to me van ehhh just curious I'm wondering ha".
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:30 pm
”I’m not! But I am your captain!” Kane smirked. ”So that’s an order!” Nir had been laughing the entire time. ”You guys are always fighting with each other! We’re comrades!” Nir walked over to Kane’s seat, placing his hand on his shoulder. ”For the remainder of the mission, we’ll be getting along! And that’s an order!” He finished, with a smile. Kane had crossed his arms, turning slightly in the direction of Benkei. ”If he keeps calling me an old man...” Kane squinted his eyes.

Van was in the corner of the room, sitting on the floor. ”Give it a rest Kane.” He said, then turning to Benkei. ”You too Benkei. And yes, he will blow you up...” Kuro had snickered, floating around Benkei. ”That’s right! We’ve seen it happen multiple times! I’m talking guts and brains all over!” Both Kira and Tobias had looked at each other and then back at Kane. ”Whaaaat!?” Just the thought of someone exploding had made them both feel squeamish. ”You-You wouldn’t blow up Benkei...Would you Kane?”

Kane grinned, slowly turning around. ”Oh, I would! Us old men don’t like guys like Benkei!” Kane waved his fingers around, grinning. ”Whooooooo..” Stella couldn’t help but laugh watching Kane attempt to scare Benkei.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:38 am
As benkei mopped up the floor and kane deemed himself the captain can had verified that kane can indeed blow up benkei and as done so in the past to other men According kuro. Benkei's eye twitches and looked at kane as he made a comment "guys like me ? Why did you have to say it like that I'm a good person " benkei would make a puppy dog face at the girl's for protection against the old tyrant. Benkei looked van as he told both parties to ease up "wait kane is captain of the ship? But doesn't nir outrank him on the battle field or am I wrong " benkei laughed
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:47 am
Kane had snickered, ”Yes, even guys like you. Now keep mopping!” Both Stella and Kira had giggled. It was clear that he was their form of entertainment. ”You are just too funny Benkei!” Stella said, holding two fingers to her mouth. Kira had arched her brow, leaning over the table. ”Hmmmm. He’s funny, but he’s not that funny! Could use some work!” Tobias had watched from his seat. He was happy to see Kira enjoying herself, after everything she had been through. There was no telling whether this mission would get worse for them, but yet here they were laughing together. ”If only you could see how she’s grown...” He said softly. Kira’d turn to Tobias, giving him a big smile.

”I am a Vice-Captain Benkei. I don’t think I’m on Kane’s level though. This is The Blast, a bounty hunter respected by many in Galea. I have no authority over him.” Kane had smirked, tipping his hat. ”That’s daaaamn right!” Van sighed, ”So, how far are we exactly?” Kuro floated to Kane, also joining in on the questioning. ”Yeah! How far? This is getting boring!” Stella had looked to the map, standing and looking out of the window. ”It’s hard to see where we are right now with this rain and the cloud cover. If I were to take a guess though, we’re still a few days away.” Both Kuro and Kira had rushed over to Stella, their jaws hitting the ground practically. “A few days!?” They both said simultaneously.

”A few days huh? Gives us enough time to be ready for what’s coming.” Kane nodded, ”Yeah, and it won’t be an easy task. And that’s assuming she’s there.”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:55 pm
Benkei continued to mop as he gritted his teeth at Kane's open threats "there I'm done!" He dropped the mop and sat next to the girls "he is not a nice man that Kane". Benkei listened to nir as he stated his strength was no where near the legendary blasts power "ha your to modest  my dear friend I'm sure we could take him! I know I can with one arm behind me....although I don't hit the elderly hehe". Van had seem aggravated and asked how long would it be till they arrived at their destination until Stella had made a estimated guess of a few days to which Kane agreed "that's to long we been through enough and Kane is right assuming we even get there in time she might even be gone!" Benkei slammed his foot "we have no other leads and this is all we got right now to go on.....this sucks she could be dead..." benkei unease became worse as time passed for it seemed like a darkness is coming .
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:54 pm
”Yeeeeah!! That’s way too long!” Kuro had been floating about, complaining about the time it’d take to reach Valkor. ”Yeah, I feel like we’ve been flying for years!! And I’m sick of this weather too! It’s always raining and ugly out...” Stella had been taken back by Kuro and Kira. She’d lean back in her seat and give a smile while waving her hands. ”I’m sorry!”

Nir had rubbed his chin, looking to Benkei. ”If she isn’t there. Then it’s very possible that their next destination is Duran. That’ll make things extremely difficult for us.” Tobias nodded, ”Yes, it would. We have seen Duran’s power during their assault on Galatia. That was merely a fraction of their forces. I tremble just thinking about it...” Kane had been listening to this all, although he had been stuck on Benkei’s remark. His eye twitched as he took a deep breath and turned around. ”Listen, we’ll continue our path—What’s this?” Kane had stopped, turning around and looking out the window. ”What is this???” He quickly became serious as he peered out the window. ”....Such....Such malice...” Van said, gripping his arms tightly as he turned to Kane.

”Uhhhh, is everything okay?” Kira asked, turning to Kane. ”Oh goodness, please tell us everything’s going to be okay. Please tell us Kane...” Nir had stood from his seat, Faith beginning to vibrate and glow faintly. ”This isn’t good! Kane, what direction is that coming from!? Can you see anything!?” As hard as he peered through the window, the rain and the clouds had obscured his vision. He couldn’t see a thing, but there remained the presence of something evil. ”It’s straight ahead....”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:16 pm
We now return to the Galatian infantry group lead by Commander Edge Kiryuu. In a deep forested area, multiple tents were set up. It was a camp for the Galatian soldiers. They'd go back and forth, moving equipment, provisions etc. Some would be eating, some talking. Others would tend to the wounded or even continue with their training in preparations for the next battle. Amongst all of this, a much larger tent was in the center, further towards the back. This was the tent were battle strategies would be held as well as the quarters for the Commander and his two lieutenants. As we enter the tent, the voices of those inside could be hear.

"With the most recent battle, we have liberated 70% of the known Duran outposts in Galatia. We haven't taken much in loses. I believe by the end of this month, we'll have completely eradicated Duran." Lenarius had said as he was standing at one side of the table. Across from him was Mayaria and at the head, Edge. "Duran hasn't sent any of their stronger powers to the outposts. It would only be a matter of time before they do once word gets back to them. They have already heard back and are making preparations. Assuming they are on the way, it would be troublesome if they sent over any of their any of their top soldiers like the ones that captured Leo." After Lenarius had finished his sentence, Edge had a slight twitch. This would express the rage he had felt just from mentioning Leo's predicament. "Hey! Don't mention that!" Mayaria had noticed how insensitive Lenarius was and would call him out on it. Lenarius was confused. He'd soon notice the darkened demeanor of Edge and knew right away.

"Forgive me Commander! I spoke without thinking." The man in glasses would try to apologize. After a large sigh, "It's fine. We will have to encounter them soon enough. Our biggest concern right now is to make sure our people are safe. While the others are leading them to the elves, we shall eliminate any threat within our territory." Edge would say with a clenched fist at the end. "The elves? So that's where we will call home for now?" Mayaria would say. "Yes. Galatia and the elves have had a bond for many years. They too have been fighting a war with orcs. As we join hands with them to help with their issue, they will be able to help with ours as well." Lenarius would say. "So then, we'll have to fight two wars now?" Mayaria would ask. "That depends on the messenger." Edge would say standing up, sniffing the air. Mayaria was a bit confused. "What do you mean by that?" Within a few seconds, Edge had locked on to something and jetted outside the tent.

"Wha!?! What's going on?" Mayaria would ask Lenarius who had been completely poised. "You'll see in just a moment." He'd respond. Mayaria couldn't believe how calm he was. "Why are you keeping me in the dark?" Lenarius would remain quite. Not long after Edge had left the, 3 minutes at most, a man comes rolling on the ground into the large tent. Mayaria would jump up from being startled. Edge would come in right after. "Not for nothing but you aren't exactly good at keeping secrets. If you knew about this plan you'll find someway to mess it up." Said Lenarius. "How rude!" Mayaria would say with her hands on her hips in anger. "Well also if trained more than just your body you'll be able to sense these things too regardless if they possess Misra or not." Mayaria was starting to get heated up from Lenarius' condescending words. Misra would begin to shake the ground until Edge stepped in. "That's enough you two." He'd sigh. "Lenarius stop teasing her and Mayaria. Stop reacting to his childish behavior. It's like you two are an old married couple." "Married to someone like him? No way!" "I must concur sir. She wouldn't be fit to be a wife anyway." The two would argue amongst themselves while Edge sighed some more in disappointment.

"Ok, ok. Enough!" He'd raise his voice getting their attention rather quickly. 'It is time. Lenarius has a job to do. Come with me." Edge would say heading for the doorway. Mayaria would go to Edge's side, being snooty towards Lenarius. He'd respond with a more sinister smile. It wasn't towards him but rather for the man he was left with. She had noticed this and immediately her facial expression had changed to a more saddened one. Lenarius had walked over to the man who was in fear. "Well now... shall we begin." Lenarius would say.

Edge and Mayaria had been walking around the camp now. It was quite and peaceful. It was also a bit depressing. She knew what was to be the fate of that Duran spy. Mayaria would stop walking for amoment, with her head facing down. "I don't like when he gets like that." She would say. Edge looked over his shoulder to see that she stopped. "I know we are at war and the more information we have the better but... when he interrogates people it's like he enjoys it." Edge would now be facing her. "Lenarius is an odd man indeed. He has gone through his fair share of troubles that have made him become the person most suitable for this kind of job. It doesn't bring me joy anymore than you but it does allow me to do what have to. To ensure our people's safety. Those that would threaten or do harm to the people I love and care about, I'll gladly lay my life down for." Edge would say to which Mayaria would respond. "I feel like we are losing our humanity. Why do we have to put others through something so... so painful." "I understand your concerns. It is completely different from just fighting. I get that. Sometimes talking doesn't get the results that we want. Even fighting. Lenarius' strongest capabilities lay within his mind. He has been name Galatia's strategist for a reason. While it's his job to get the information, it's our job to protect him. He is doing what we can't in order for us to live." Edge hand walked over to her as he was talking. At the end of his speech, he'd place his hand on Mayaria's shoulder.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:29 am
As Nir and the gang had much more ground to cover, they had suddenly felt a strange and evil aura. It was more than a gut feeling and with the darkness within the current weather, it made things all the more ominous. The group flying the Golden Lion would continue on their path, heading straight for that ominous presence.

Diving further into the faint storm, in the far off distance, multiple clouds of thick black smoke would cover the skies. They'd been streaming from a nearby village. It didn't appear to be a traditional village, for the fires had been burning down the land as well as the tents set up. The flowers would be crushed or burnt. Wooden crates, filled with weapons would be scattered. Puddles of water would cover some areas. Multiple unarmed people would be running about as the they appeared to running from something. There were multiple dead bodies on the floor, on the tents, in crates or even burning in the fires. The majority of the people in the area appeared to be soldiers. Coincidentally, they were Duran soldiers. This was not a village. It is in fact a Duran outpost!

"We have to keep fighting and wait for reinforcements!" One soldier said to a group of three. They'd been hiding down behind some debris. In each of their hands, was an older styled rifle. "How the hell are we gonna last!? That... that thing already killed the captain!" One of the soldiers had spoke out. He happened to be the shortest one there. The first soldier would continue. "We've got no choice... If we try to run it'll catch us. Our best bet now is to hide somewhere." Another soldier would then speak up. "Hide?? Where is there to hide? Look at this place!"  The outpost at this point was now a place of ruin. With most of the area being burnt to the ground, there was no place for them to go.

The first soldier that originally spoke first had looked extremely anxious. He was unsure of how they could survive this ordeal. Moments later, a large shadowy silhouette had appeared before the four soldiers. The look on their individual faces had said it all. There was no escaping. Fear had completely overtaken the soldiers. All four of the soldiers had taken up a stance to face the silhouette. They were prepared to face it until it approached. With each step forward, the soldiers would take a step back. "WE ARE PROUD DURAN WARRIORS! SHOW NO FEAR IN THE EYES OF THE ENEMY!" The first soldier would shout. He'd scream at the top of his lungs as he'd be the first to lead the attack against  the silhouette. The other soldiers were supposed to charge in with him but unfortunately, that was not the case. They turn and run in the opposite direction, causing the soldier who had charged in to look back at his fleeing comrades. His face had now shown the look of one who had been betrayed. Without a moments hesitation, the first soldier had been slashed at. He no longer was moving. The silhouette had leapt for the other soldiers who were running and screaming. The first soldier had been watching as his body had been falling to the ground. His comrades are being mauled before his very eyes. The onslaught continued as the soldier's body finally fell to the floor face up. His body was cut in half so he had already been dead before his upper torso could hit the floor.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:18 pm
As the airship continued on its path, Kane had felt the presence grow much stronger. Whatever it was that was emanating this insidious aura, it was straight ahead! ”Guys, we have a big problem...” Van had unfolded his arms, looking in the direction of the strange source. ”I can feel it too. What are we dealing with Kane?” Nir’s blade was practically lighting up the cockpit at this point. ”This isn’t good. My sword has never done this before...” Kuro and Kira had both cowered beside Tobias, who was also struggling to keep himself composed. ”Please tell us what’s going on Kane.” Kira had closed her eyes, grabbing the edge of the table as she leaned over. ”What!? No!!! Don’t tell us anything! Let’s just turn around!!!” Kuro had also floated forward, joining Kira. ”Yeah!!! Let’s make a U-turn!!! Before it’s too late!”

”Enough!!” Kane said, slamming his fist down onto to the control board. ”This isn’t a game!!! What we’re dealing with here is on a whole different level!” They were all silent. Kira had leaned back into her seat, beginning to tear. ”Why are we always finding ourselves in awful situations!? I don’t like it at all!” She’d begin crying, only to be comforted by Tobias. ”There there, my girl. Everything will be okay..”

The airship had broken through the clouds, revealing a ruined outpost below. There were fires scattered about, and destruction everywhere. It looked like a battlefield, but Kane knew this wasn’t the result of two kingdoms partaking in battle. No, this was much different. This ominous presence. He was certain there was a demon present. ”Everyone stay alert. Stella, be ready to project a barrier. We aren’t in a safe area.” Stella nodded, ”Understood!”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:25 pm
A young boy, no older than 13 years of age had been lying on the ground. His breathing was faint. Bumps, cuts and bruises all over but he was alive. The boy's eyes would slowly open as he'd turn over onto this side, then stomach. Just barely lifting himself up, he could see the battlefield. The Duran outpost he was in had been completely destroyed at this point. Tears would start to blur his vision. The shadowy and malicious figure would catch his eye. The creature responsible for this was now several yards away from him. Normally, fear would overtake anyone in this situation, especially at this age. Even the grown men that had stared down this creature had felt the fear, however...

However, this time was different. The boy did hold a lot of fear within him. Using that same fear to holster the courage needed to stand up to the creature. Finally after struggling to get to his feet, the boy had found a rifle nearby. Rage had taken over and revenge was all the boy wanted. "I'll... kill you... I'LL KILL YOU!!!" He'd shout alerting the creature. The boy would take the rifle and aim it. Before a single shot could fire, a black tendril had pierced through the rifle and straight through the boy's head. Blood would gush from his forehead. He was dead instantly.

Moments later, the airship carrying Nir's group had just been made their way. They could very easily see the destruction of this Duran outpost. The shadowy figure had caught wind of the airship. It would watch as it got closer, waiting.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:01 pm
Benkei's arms started to twitch as his gauntlets appeared on his hands reacting to nir's sword fate" away from the windows now girls and Tobias keep them close and do as Kane says .........". Benkei began to shake like he was being choked from this dark aura "I....III.. been feeling this thing.....this presence for hours even as far are we were I felt this thing". Benkei walked up to nir and van as he looked at the fires down below from the outpost "what did this.....might still be here.......it's like.....hunting .....stalking us maybe ". Benkei looked at kuro "better get back to van little buddy cuz we need to too notch to help with the girls if anything goes wrong " . Benkei looked at Kane and sighed "this might be a terrible idea but......we need to land this thing now ....since we are directly in the sky and out in the open we make a easy target and I feel like ....". Before Benkei could utter a word Nir's sword and Benkei gauntlets began to pulse at a rapid rate and glowing a blinding late ....."Shit......"
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:12 pm
The presence of this darkness had grown much stronger. It was beginning to trouble Kane greatly. ”This isn’t good at all! We can’t afford to land Benkei! There’s no telling how strong this thing really is, but I’m getting a bad feeling I can’t seem to shake off.” Kane had stood up, turning to Stella. ”Stella, gather Tobias and Kira now. If anything happens, that barrier goes up!” She had nodded, standing from her seat. ”I’ll make sure they’re safe and sound!” She had walked over to Kira and Tobias. ”My girl, you are a blessing.”

Kane had then turned to Nir and Benkei. ”Nir and Benkei, we’re going to need some eyes out on the deck right now. I’m sorry, but you two will have to stand in the rain. Anything comes at us, you know what to do.” Nir nodded as well, ”You got it Kane!” The young man had walked out of the control station, leaving the door open for Benkei to follow. ”And Van...You know what to do...” Van gave a slight nod. ”Yes, I do. Kuro.” Kuro had transformed into his raven form, ”Sendin’ me out in the rain? I figured that’d be the case!” He’d say before flying out of the control station. His would glow green as he shared his vision with Van’s eye underneath the eyepatch. ”Connected.” Kane nodded, ”Good! Now, let’s pray whatever it is, it just lets us go by without any problems....”
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum