TRACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

A darkness looms over Merriwreathe... - Page 3 Empty Re: A darkness looms over Merriwreathe...

Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:03 pm
The people had become shocked to find Benkei walking away. They had stopped their cheering, with the two soldiers who attempted to lift him looking like fools. “What’s the meaning of this?” One asked. Nir, Stella, Kira and Kane had stood there watching as Benkei walked over to Van. ”Now’s a good time to leave.” Nir whispered. ”I agree.”

Van didn’t bother looking at Benkei when he approached him. He simply sat there, looking at the bottles displayed on the shelves. ”Kuro does whatever he wants.” The dark fiend slowly rose from Van’s shadow, hovering up to Benkei. ”Yeah, why can’t I dance!? I wanted to have fun too!” The others had snuck out in the background, knowing well that things were about to get ugly. And they were correct. The men who had entered to sit at the bar were the same men who antagonized Benkei. One of them had looked over to see Kuro speaking with him. “W-What the!? Look!!!” He pointed at Benkei. “That son of a bitch is in leagues with a demon! I knew it!!!!”

Everyone had turned to see Kuro with Benkei and Van. “What!? We’ve been deceived!” Said one man. The people were riled up, drawing their swords again. This time a stocky middle-aged man, heavily bearded with slick back brown hair, had rushed over to the balcony looking over the bar. “What’s this nonsense about demons in my tavern!?” The people looked up befofe pointing at Benkei. “That guy over there brought it here!!!! He fooled us at first, but now we see the truth!” Van sighed, standing from his seat and walking to the exit. “Well, what are you doing!? Get after them!!!” Kuro had turned, looking back to Van, who exited tavern. ”....I’m out of here!!!!” The spectre quickly flew over to the door, having axes thrown at him. He’d go right through, leaving the tavern. Everyone inside had focused on Benkei, coming after him. Outside, the carriage had been ready. Everyone was situated in their seats, waiting for Benkei.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

A darkness looms over Merriwreathe... - Page 3 Empty Re: A darkness looms over Merriwreathe...

Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:46 pm
Benkei looked around as the men called him out from their earlier encounter "dam it....listen that's not a demon and I'm not a cultist so if you would lower your swords and relax". Benkei would try to reason with the people "you fear what you do not understand and this being did not even attack you not once so shame on you all....now of you excuse me I'll um be on my way ". Benkei would slowly back away towards the door but could see it would not be that easy "dear Oracle help me.....".
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:11 pm
Everyone had been waiting on the carriage. Every single eye, with the exception of Van’s, was stuck on the entrance. ”What the heck is that guy doing dammit! We’ve got to go!” Nir had peered out of the opening, ”C’mon Benkei...” From the entrance, Kuro had quickly passed through the door, flying over to Van’s side. ”That was close!!!!”

”And Benkei?” Stella asked, hoping Kuro could answer. ”I don’t know! Wait!!! Look! He’s right there!!!” Tobias prepared the reigns, ready to drive off. ”Hurry my boy!!!” Benkei quickly hurried out of the tavern, jumping onto the carriage, where they’d quickly drive off. ”What happened in there!?” Kira asked, looking back at the door.

Soldiers flooded through the door, drawing their bows and preparing a shot. ”Oh my gosh!!!! They’re going to shoot us!!!” Kira said, hiding back into the seat. Kane had looked back, turning to face the crowd. ”Oh, c’mon! These Galatians are something else!!!” Van sighed, ”Take care of it Kuro...” The arrows were fired at the carriage, but sere suddenly deflected by Kuro, who had flown into the path and spun into a disc, allowing the arrows to deflect off of his form. ”Sorry!” He had reverted back to his form, flying back to the carriage afterwards. “CURSES!” Yelled one of the soldiers, watching as the carriage drove off.

”We did it!!! That was a close one!!!!” Kira said, raising her arms. ”Is anyone hurt?” Stella asked, unable to see those above the carriage. ”Nah! We’re good up here..” Kane said, sitting down on the ledge and tilting his hat forward. ”Good to hear! Now, onto Tanyuk Tobias!!!” With the group surviving the ordeal at Galavan’s Tavern, they were well on their way to Tanyuk City, continuing with their journey!
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:53 am
As benkei was in the tavern he ran out full speed carrying bags. The solders from the tavern chased after him shooting arrows at him as he jumped in the carriage "drive dam it drive these people can not be reasoned with!". The carriage started to drive off as kuro deflected the arrows apologizing to the people. Benkei caught one arrow that almost hit one of the girls "I got it !" He would snap it tossing it outside and sitting down with his hands on his face "kuro please do not do that again ". Benkei lay there as the group was now heading to tanyuk city. since the incident benkei had been wearing his new outside with a different style hair. He had been strapping on the gloves that were made back in town and adjusting himself to look more like a kungfu warrior than a monk.

Last edited by Benkei Kagemori on Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
virgil
virgil
Admin

Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:07 pm
Currently, it's around midnight. The night time had befallen Tanyuk. Very few people were out. Virgil's group had been resting at the inn Lloyd and Yuri had been staying at. Within the room for the girls, the focus was on Koji. He had been fidgeting around in his sleep until, finally waking up. "Koji...? What are you doing up?" His movements had caused Anna to wake up as well. Koji had been loking around the room. There was a window that was open. The wolf pup had mad his way to the window, jumping on to the ledge and out. Anna had panicked! She would immediately rush to the window. Koji had been jumping down from roof top to roof top until he had reached the ground floor. "KOJI! COME BACK!" Anna would shout. Remi and Yuri were still fast asleep. Anna hadn't hesitated in rushing down the stairs and down towards the back alley, where Koji was.

The little girl had made her way into a dark and narrow alleyway. It was hard to see with insufficient light. "Koji...? Koji, where you?" She was scared while softly calling out for the wolf pup. A can had fell down, landing on the floor. A loud noise was made, causing Anna to jump in fear. "Koji I'm scared. Please come out." The little girl had still pressed on to find her companion.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:23 pm
Anna had been calling out in the darkness of the night, searching for Koji, who had escaped. As she continued to look, there was a figure standing underneath a lone lamp. The figure was cloaked in a brown robe, their hood over their head. If anything, Koji would be the first to run into them.

The figure had waited for Anna. Calling out to her as she aimlessly walked in the darkness. “Anna....” They said, their voice echoing throughout the alleyway. “Anna..” The voice was soft, and that of a young boy.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:19 pm
Suddenly, from out the darkness, a voice was heard. It sounded like that of a young boy. Anna had froze up, thinking the worst. She had readied herself in case she needed to defend herself. Although she isn't much of a fighter, she braves whatever it may be. She would risk her life for those she cares about. The little girl became quiet as she peered over at the direction of the voice. From out of the shadows, Koji had emerged barking at Anna. Immediately, the little girl let out a sigh of relief. With a great big smile, she held out her arms. "Come here boy." She'd say kneeling over. However, Koji didn't budge...
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:26 pm
Anna had the courage to proceed in the darkness, calling out to Koji the wolf pup. However, her calls were not listened to. The wolf pup remained where he was, barking in the darkness. Stepping from the light of the lantern, the boy had moved into the shadow, walking towards Koji.

His pace was slow as he approached the wolf pup. “Anna.” He called out again, this time his steps overlapping with his voice. “Do not be afraid.” The young boy said, now visible to Anna.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:04 pm
Soon after, her smile would suddenly vanish. Anna had looked like she'd seen a ghost. The hooded figure had finally emerged, with Koji watching him approach. It was Zid. Anna had quickly stood up, taking a few steps back. "Z- Zid!?" She was astonished and a bit fearful.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:58 pm

The young boy had removed the hood, affirming that he was indeed Zid. He stopped several meters away from Koji, respecting the space between them all. “Anna, I came to you because it’s not safe for you and your....” He looked to the side, “...friends...” The boy had then turned back to Anna, “My master watches your every move. He’s interested in you, primarily. I won’t let him harm you though. I can’t!” Zid tightened his fist, holding it close to his chest. “You mean a lot to me Anna. I see something in you that I never saw in all of the children that I came across. You’re special.”

Although it was hard to make out in the darkness, Zid had lowered his eyes. There was a sense of guilt. “I want to apologize for everything I did before....”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:42 pm
In this moment, Zid had come to Anna. To warn her about Zid's master. Apparently, this master had been watching them. Anna was the primary target. The young girl had been listening to the boy's warning, as well as his apology to her. She was hesitant when trying the respond. Her hands were at her waist balled up nervous. "You-" She'd shy away. "You don't have to apologize." Anna had gradually began to look at Zid. She took a deep breath. "Th- thank you for telling me. I have to tell my friends." Anna was still a bit nervous but she had moved in forward towards Zid just a bit. "If you can. Please tell me, who your master is."
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:58 pm
“But....BUT I DO!” Zid had raised his voice in his emotion. To him, Anna was a child of much purity, an innocent young girl who wasn’t deserving of anything from before. All Zid could do was blame himself. “It was my fault earlier! I should have never fought for him!” Tears had began forming at his eyes, dropping to the ground as Zid lowered his head. “I just—I just wanted you by my side. I never experienced a childhood...I’ve never had any friends....” He sniffled, tightening his fists. “My master, Levesque, never gave me that. I always used to hurt inside. He always gave me children, telling me they could be my friends, but they were mindless. Stripped of any humanity because of Levesque....”

The boy stepped closer, “That’s why I need to make this right! Levesque is out to get you and your friends! You guys have to get out of here and travel as far as you can!”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:27 pm
As Zid was speaking, Anna had thought in her head of the name of Zid’s master. Levesque had been echoing throughout her head. Zid has broke down, Anna had no idea what she could do for him. Zid had continued on. The young girl would simply listen as the boy tried to warn her of the danger.

This man named Levesque, had been discribed as a complete monster that would rob the youth of their senses. What was the purpose of this? Instead of asking that question, Anna would approach Zid. She was now close enough to reach out to him. ”Why do you stay with him? Why don’t you join us?” She’d ask.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:50 pm
The boy had been sobbing, standing in his lonesome. That was until Anna approached him, close enough to him that he looked up to see her in the dim setting. Looking at her face, he saw that same purity and innocence. “Anna...” He said, wiping the tears from his eyes. “I-I can’t. Levesque is like my father. Levesque raised me. I know he’s done horrible things, but I cannot....I cannot leave...”

Zid had stepped closer, his lips quivering. “You have to promise me that you’ll leave. That you’ll get out of here. Promise me Anna! You and your friends!” The young boy reached out with his pinky, hoping that Anna would lock hers and honor the promise. “Pinky promise...”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:51 pm
The young boy was torn between Anna and Levesque. He does show an incredible amount of loyalty along with disloyalty. By informing Anna, this marked his betrayal, yet... Yet the boy could not pull himself away from Levesque. Just what kind of man is Levesque truly? Once again, Zid would reiterate for Anna and the others to leave. He held his pinky out. It was for a pinky promise. Among children this was a pact that cannot be broken. Anna had looked from Zid, to his pinky. This would last a brief moment as she would raise her face, resting her eyes on Zid. Just as the little girl was about to reach for the pinky with her own, a voice was heard from behind her. "Anna? Is that you?" In the distance, it was Remi who had been approaching. It was hard for her to see properly but she could seen Anna and Koji. Zid had appeared as a shadowy figure. The lighting had made his presence unknown. Remi couldn't even see him. Anna had turned around to gaze upon Remi. Before long, Anna would quickly turn to Zid. With the current history between Zid and the others, she knew it would be bad for Zid to be seen now. Tanyuk City would then be the location of a new battlefield.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:15 pm
Before Zid and Anna could lock their fingers, she stopped, having been spotted by Remi. The young woman questioned Anna as she approached. In a quick manner, Zid pulled back his hand, placing his hood over his head. “Just leave...Please!” He said, running off into the darkness!

The young boy moved quickly through the alley, trying to distance himself from the young girl and Koji. He’d come to a stop at a lamp, where he rested his hand and turned in the direction from where he came. “Zid.” A voice said from the darkness. “...It’s done. I’m sure she’ll tell them to leave Tanyuk.” The boy said, lowering his head. “Excellent! Levesque will be pleased...It would have been troublesome trying to snag her here in Tanyuk.” The figure in the darkness stepped out, his cloak covering his entire face and body. “Let’s just go.” He said, walking off. Before Zid followed him, he turned back in Anna’s direction. “I’m sorry Anna....” He’d turn around to follow the figure.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:30 am
As Anna turned to face Zid, he had already vanished. She was confused. Where could the boy have gone so quickly. Remi had already approached Anna's back. Squatting down a bit lower, reaching eye level with Anna, Remi would place her hand on Anna's shoulder. "Is everything okay?" The little girl had stared in the open space looking around. She'd place her head downward. It wasn't long before she'd finally turn to face Remi. "Have you heard of a man named Levesque?" Anna would ask. Remi tilted her head to the side, in confusion. "Levesque...? Hmmm... Le.. vesque... Levesque... Levesque.." She was thinking real hard on it. "Mmm.. it sounds familiar but... I can't really think straight when it's so late at night." Remi would then rise up. "Come on. Let's get to bed. We'll talk about it in the morning." Remi said with a smile, placing her hand on Anna's upper back. The hand on Anna's back was to guide her back to the inn. "Come on, Koji." She'd also call out for the wolf pup. Koji would bark one time, racing to Anna and Remi's side. As the three had been making their way back, Remi would turn her head back to the direction of which Zid was in. From the look on her face, she already knew something was up. She was worried but Anna was ok and for her, that was enough.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:51 pm
It had been the next morning. The sun was beginning to rise, its light beginning to seep over the horizon. Twilight was blanketing the lands of Paleides, specifically Borddo Valley, where our heroes were riding in their carriage. Our heroes had finally managed to rest, awakening rather early to reach Tanyuk. Kane had been laying atop the carriage, resting his hands underneath his head. Although some of the others were up, he continued to rest. Van was still sitting atop the carriage, across from Kane. He had been watching the rising sun. At the front, Kira had been laying against Tobias, sleeping peacefully.

”Would you take a look at that scenary. It’s so beautiful.” Stella had been resting her arms at the opening window, her heads laying over them. ”I agree Tobias. These sights were missed during my travels.” Nir had been sitting back inside of the carriage, his arms crossed. He had been resting, not asleep, yet not completely awake. ”We’re almost at Tanyuk!”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:01 pm
Benkei had been at the end of the carriage with nir keeping watch as he rested. Benkei had been wearing his new outfit from their trip from the day before fully completed "this sure is a beautifu I can tell you that folks". Benkei looked ahead towards van and Kane as Tobias announced they were almost at tanyuk. Benkei yawned and looked at nir "he barely sleeps anymore since he is constantly fighting on the front lines, I feel bad for my dear friend ". Benkei lay back as he spoke his mind "so what is the plan for when we reach tanyuk ? I want things to be clear so we do not have a incident like back in that other time !". He would glare at van and kuro
virgil
virgil
Admin

Mon May 04, 2020 2:10 am
Finally, it was day time. The streets were filled with people. Some children would be running around. Some with baskets of food were walking around. Travelers were seen as well, with their weapons at bay. As always, it would be another busy day. Returning back to the inn, The gang had all gathered at the lobby. Final checks were being made before their departure. Biggs had been kneeling over, making sure his bags were in order. "Alright. This should just about finish it." He'd stand up, tossing the bag up and over and through his arms. "Alright. Now that we're all set, it's time to head for Merriwreathe!" Virgil had said to the group. They'd all simultaneously agree shouting, "Yes!" They would all make their way outside, heading for the exit.

Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue May 05, 2020 12:23 am
Stella had looked to Benkei, turning around to look at Nir, who continued to rest. ”Yes, he was always accustomed to the front-lines. Never resting, just fighting. As a Captain in the Second Battalion, it was required of him.” Tobias had turned to Benkei, smiling, ”That’s changed! For now, he can relax! Oh, and look ahead!!!”

The carriage had been coming to the end of its path. In the distance, they could now see the walls to the great Tanyuk City! In the walls were carved in spaces, appearing to be circular windows. ”Would you look at that! That must be the housing in the city’s wall!” Van had turned to face the city, gazing upon the security stations mounted on the wall. ”Tight security...” Tobias had nodded, ”Well yes! Tanyuk is well known for its merchant vendors, so naturally, there will be a lot of security to make sure—“ Van suddenly cut the man off, ”I don’t care.”

”Oh my...” Tobias said, frowning. ”...Nevermind then. We’ll focus on our task at hand.” Stella had patted Tobias on the shoulder, giving him a warm smile. ”We’re here for the airship. With it, we’ll be able to reach Valkor much easier.”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Tue May 05, 2020 7:09 pm
As Stella mentioned nir's life on the front lines the carriage had arrive to the front gates of tanyuk city "the security on this place seems tight so I do not know how we are going to sneak in there or even have success doing our mission ". Van would shake off the problem of the security because he did not care "you should care demon boy because then we will have another issue like back in the town ". Benkei would try to get a eyes view of the city walls "any ideas of should I and van do some shadow recon?".
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun May 10, 2020 2:39 pm
The gang had been walking throughout the crowded streets of Tanyuk. Anna and Yuri had been getting along well. Koji had even been running around them both.

“For so long, I haven’t seen her with a smile...” Lloyd had said. Virgil and the others would look to him as they walked. “We could say the same thing about Anna.“ Biggs added. “We were so young on that day...” Biggs said quietly. Lloyd has caught it slightly. “That day?” He’d ask. “It’s not really something we like to talk about but... if we’re able to enjoy moments like this then, we should enjoy every bit of it.” Virgil had said.

There was a loud commotion coming from one of the indoor shops. It had drawn quite a bit of attention. Virgil’s group would happen to be passing by shortly.

Last edited by virgil on Sun May 10, 2020 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun May 10, 2020 10:08 pm
”Uh, Benkei...” Tobias had said in a lowly tone, driving the carriage through the massive gates. They had gone in with the rest of the traffic, which was composed of merchants and visitors. ”I don’t think security will be a problem.” Van had crossed his arms, shaking his head, ”What an idiot.” He said, sighing and closing his eye.

”Look! It’s so lively here!” Stella said, peering out the window opening. There were many people dwelling within the city walls. Most had been at their markets, and others had been walking around. But at one specific shop, there gathered a crowd. ”What’s going on over there?” Tobias asked as he continued to drive the carriage through Tanyuk. ”Maybe they’re gathering around a prized item?” Tobias rubbed his beard, ”Possibly.” He said, pulling on the reigns to have the horses halt.

Outside of the shop, the crowd had continued to amass. A man had suddenly been kicked out of the front door, landing on his back. He was a short stocky man, with a balding head. His mustache was twirled at the ends and he wore blue striped overalls with sandals. “Agh!” He yelled out, grimmacing in pain. From the shop stepped out two men, both holding black staffs. They were clad in purple attire, like an officer’s uniform, and had purple capes. Their faces were concealed by purple helmets. The two men both had a platinum skull pin, with a thunderbolt behind the skull. It kept their cloaks held in place. “P-Please! Please! I need more time!!!!!” Yelled the man.

The people in the crowd gasped, looking around for Tanyuk’s security, but not one responded to the situation. “Someone help him!” There was suddenly a footstep coming out into the light. It was a man of great stature, standing at about six feet ten. He was wearing a brown officer’s coat, with metal chains at the shoulders and the same pin as the two who exited before him. Underneath his brown coat was a white button-down, tucked into black pants, which were held up by a black belt. Around his thick neck was a purple scarf. The man appeared to be very muscular, of great build, with a scar coming down the side of his face. His salt and pepper hair was ruffled back, and his beard was thick.  With each step, his black boots had made a heavy sound. “More time?” Said the man, sighing as he crossed his arms behind his back. “I’m afraid you’re all out.”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Mon May 11, 2020 9:26 am
Benkei stood there as Tobias reassured benkei security wouldn't be a problem and van called him stupid "I am being cautious is all for all our sake". Benkei sighed and sat back down as the cart moved into tanyuk. Their seem to be some sort of gathering going on that was attracting attention from the towns folk "what in God's name is happening now ". Benkei looked at the area of the shop where people have gathered to see a man being thrown out on his back "what is this a bar fight?". As he spoke two men armor come out of the shop towering over the man "I really hope this is not the welcoming committee and the big guy over there seems like even more trouble he does not have a good aura surrounding him I tell you that ". Benkei would be referring to the man who also came out of the shop with the muscular build.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum