TRACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

A darkness looms over Merriwreathe... - Page 10 Empty Re: A darkness looms over Merriwreathe...

Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:08 pm
Once again, Zid’s efforts had come to a halt! “......” Zid had looked up at the man, “Mind your own business!” The boy said, attempting to pull his hand back. “Enough games boy! The girl!” Said the voice in Zid’s head once again. There was now much urgency, as the boy gritted his teeth. “I’m sorry Anna...” There was suddenly purple Misra emitting from the boy, an energy that not many can correlate to demonic presence. With his free hand, Zid had grabbed onto the man’s hand, squeezing it tightly before attempting to throw the man beside the wall.
virgil
virgil
Admin

A darkness looms over Merriwreathe... - Page 10 Empty Re: A darkness looms over Merriwreathe...

Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:11 am
And just as quickly as he came, he was dealt with swiftly. The thieving man was no match for Zid's strength. Anna had no choice but to run! Koji had once more attempted to block Zid's path. The wolf pup would growl even louder than before.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:10 am
With the man out of the way, Zid was now free to focus on Anna. He turned in her direction, only to be met by Koji, who blocked his path. “...You’re making this difficult. I cannot deal with you now!” Zid said, setting his hands outwards and sending the Misra off of his fingertips. It’d extend outwards into a web-like net, much like before when he had fought against the group with Ferdinand. The net had shot out towards Koji, attempting to trap the dog and allow Zid to pursue Anna.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:51 am
With a flick of the wrist, Zid had released the dark Misra onto Koji. The wolf pup had already faced this attack once before. Koji had emitted his own aura of Misra! It was a bright white light that radiated from the wolf pup. This was able to fend off the web-like net. Onto the offense now, Koji lept forward. There was that same light from earlier, surrounding the wolf pup. He'd continue on his charge towards Zid. It would seem, Koji attempted a simple headbutt at Zid. With the wolf pups trajectory and speed, if Zid were to get hit, he'd get sent driven back into a nearby building. This had given Anna plenty time to escape.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:46 am
As expected, the wolf pup knew the perfect counter for the attack. Zid smirked, watching Kokji transition to the offensive. The wolf pup had begun radiating with a light, charging in head first with a heabutt. “I’m sorry...” Zid said, placing his palms on the floor. The purple Misra had once again channeled out of his body, this time from his back, firing multiple projectiles behind him. Once Koji was close enough, he’d then jump right over, performing a back-flip and landing behind Koji, where he’d begin his pursuit of Anna. With Koji’s momentum, he was now running towards multiple dark webs and the wall.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:02 am
The young boy was not only able to avoid Koji's counter strike, but he was also able to counter the wolf pup. The webs from earlier had once again appeared. This was in the path Koji had been heading. Unable to stop, Koji had been entangled within the web. The wolf pup would struggle as much as it could. Crying out for help even. In this time, Zid was able to continue his pursuit of Anna.

The little girl had been racing through the city. Many passersby's had watched as Anna had been running frantically.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:21 am
Zid was well on Anna’s trail, gaining up on the young girl, as he was much faster. The frantic young girl was catching much attention from bystanders. “Anna!” He called out to the young girl as he continued his chase. As she continued to run through Merriwreathe, she’d eventually come to a halt. Blocking her path was a towering man, clad in the same cloak Zid had been wearing. He was bald and middle-aged. “So, you are Anna?” The man had asked with a grin as he looked down at her with his crimson eyes. On his left side was another man, who appeared much younger. The man had slick back hair, jet black in color. His eyes were blue in color. “So, this is the girl?” The man asked. Finally, on the right side was a woman, looking to be in her twenties. She had been smirking, her purple lipstick standing out on her pale complexion. She also had jet black hair, running down below the shoulders. “Who else would it be?” She answered.

Zid had finally caught up to Anna, who had been stopped by his three allies. “Levesque....” The boy had looked over to Anna before turning to the bald man. “You’ve done well my son.” Said the man. There was a dark presence surrounding the man as he glared down on the young girl.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:32 am
To make matters worse, Anna was now faced three of Zid's allies. The sudden appearance of these three has left any bit of hope Anna had of escaping, zero. She'd attempt to back away from the three, only to be blocked from the rear. Zid had caught up to her. The situation couldn't be worse for Anna. She'd look back and forth between the four. Something was strange. This man known as Levesque was the same person the group had met earlier!
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:20 am
Levesque had gazed down upon the young girl. “Do not be afraid my dear. You’ll be in good hands.” He said, grinning. The man turned to face the woman who was standing at his side. “Ruka.” She’d turn to face Levesque, “Got it.” She said, looking back at Anna. The young woman approached the girl, standing at her side and quickly delivering a soft chop to her neck. It wasn’t hard enough kill her, but able to render her unconscious. Ruka would quickly catch the small girl before she hit the ground. “Levesque!!!” Zid yelled out, tightening his fists. “Silence boy!” Levesque quickly replied, glaring at Zid. “She means NOTHING to you! Both you and I know this well. If she did, she wouldn’t be in this predicament.”

Landmars chuckled, “The burn.” He said, watching Zid lower his head. “Now let us go.” Levesque turned around, walking off. Landmars and Ruka followed behind, exchanging words with one another. “You actually hit a child?” He said with a smirk. “Shut it!” Replied Ruka. Zid slowly followed behind them, his fists still clenched.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:12 am
And just like that, Levesque and his crew had finally captured Anna.

Unbeknownst to the others, they already be arriving back to Randall's house. Shinji had just walked in. "Yoo! I'm back!" He'd kick the door open. In his arms, was a basket of the materials he was to recover. Walking over, triumphantly, Shinji plopped the basket on the table. "Hey Shinji." Remi was sitting at another table with the equipment to prepare the medicine. She'd already begin laying out what Biggs' had already brought in. With Shinji's bit, they could now blend everything together, The only things missing were the Holy Water and high-class demon blood. Anna and Virgil weren't present. "So how long we gotta wait for?" After speaking, Shinji had reversed a wooden chair, sitting in it. He'd take his arms, folding them to rest them on the back of the chair. Remi had looked at him and glared. "When Anna and Virgil come back..." She sounded quite annoyed.

"You know... Come to think of it. Virgil I can understand but how come Anna isn't back yet?" Biggs had pointed out. Shinji and Remi had thought about it also. 'Yeah, you're right. She only needed to get the Holy Water, so she should've been back before you guys." Remi had said. "You don't think something happened to her?" Biggs asked. "Naah! No way. She's with Koji." Shinji replied. Remi however had been looking a bit pale. "What's up with you?" Shinji had peered over at Remi. He could see her body language had changed. "I.. I think I may know what happened." She stood from her chair quickly. "That night we stayed in that town... I remember I saw Anna and Koji out. They looked like she was talking to someone. I couldn't really see but Anna was ok. I- You don't think-" Remi would gasp. "You don't mean that kid is back?" Biggs questioned. "No way! They followed he followed us all the way here!?" For the first time, Biggs had shown his anger. Shinji had no idea what went down in Poshielle. He did know that there was one that escaped. "So those guys are back? Good!" Shinji would punch his fist into his open palm. "Now I'll get to show them why you shouldn't mess with us!"
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:02 am
The child was now in their hands. All that remained was to successfully leave Merriwreathe without alerting anyone in the city. Zid had followed behind the three, but his focus was on Anna's unconscious body. He couldn't help but think about what Levesque had said. If Zid was truly a friend to her, then why did he carry out his task? Why didn't he simply help her? He remained quiet on the matter. "Leaving this city won't be so easy." Said Levesque. "I'm sure you're aware of the child's friends, Zid?" The boy had nodded, "Yes" He answered. "Should they manage to catch onto our scheme, you two shall deal with them." Levesque had been referencing the two, Landmars and Ruka. "Zid and I will carry on with the task we have been bestowed."

Back in the small cottage, Claudette had overhead the three speaking about Anna potentially being in danger. She'd approach Remi, understanding well that it wasn't her business, but Anna's safety meant much to her. "Remi, is everything okay?" She asked.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:55 am
The whole cottage was in a panic. Claudette had even entered the room. She'd ask Remi if things were ok. As calmly as she possibly could be, Remi would reply to her. She'd nod her head stating Anna may be in trouble. Shinji had been the first to burst out in rage. "LET'S GO FIND THOSE BASTARDS!!!" His fist clenched and body tense, Shinji couldn't stand by any longer. "WAIT!! Remi would shout. "We have no idea where they could be right now. We don't even know how many people there are." Shinji would turn to her direction with a response. "Well in that case what should we be doing!? While we're sitting here twiddling our thumbs, Anna could be seriously hurt right now!" Shinji's outburst had taken a toll on Remi's conscience. For her who sent Anna off, she had felt responsible for putting her in danger. All the more knowing something wasn't right beforehand.

Biggs had rushed Shinji! Gripping his both his arms and even in a bit of rage, he'd shout. "SHINJI!!" Shinji was too angry himself to give Biggs a straight face. Biggs too had a look of anger in his face. "Don't- Please calm down. Getting in a rage won't help us find Anna.... And besides..." Biggs would slowly say, turning his head in Remi's direction with a saddened expression. This had Shinji in an astonished expression. His eyes were widened as he realized his words were affecting Remi. He could see the young woman sitting in a chair, holding her face down in the palms of her hands. She'd be rubbing her face violently. It was as if knowing she put Anna in danger was tormenting her. Shinji had then turn his head down to the floor in shame. Biggs had saw that Shinji was now calm again. He'd release his grip. "I'm.. I'm sorry for that. It was wrong of me. We shouldn't be getting angry. We have to work together to find Anna." Shinji's quick change had finally lightened the atmosphere.

Remi had slowly picked her head up. "I'm sorry everyone." She'd take a deep breath and continue. "I can't help but feel responsible. I know I should've paid more attention." Biggs and Shinji would look at her. With tear filled eyes, Remi would look to her friends. "Please help me find Anna." Biggs would smile. "That goes without saying!" Shinji would simply smirk and head towards the front door. "We don't have a moment to lose. Let's split up and look." Shinji had reached the door, opening it. "I'll head for the church and look around." "Wait! I'll go too!" Biggs shouted. Shinji looked surprised. "You're gonna actually fight this time?" Biggs had looked a bit disappointed before he spoke. "Those guys are strong. Even that little kid. I know I'm not a fighter like you guys but this time I can't stand by." Shinji had smirked. "Honestly with you fighting too, that's reassuring."

Remi had stepped forward as well. "I'll go get Virgil. I know exactly where he is. They'll probably try to leave the city so we'll need to look around the north and south gates." Both Shinji and Biggs were listening intently to Remi. "We're not gonna lose anyone again!" "RIGHT!!" Both Shinji and Biggs would shout. With that being said now, The three would race out of the home to their respective destinations.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:11 pm
Levesque and the others had continued strolling through Merriwreathe. Too many bystanders were already watching the four, especially seeing that Ruka was holding a small unconscious child. This was too much for Levesque’s comfort. The man had stopped, signaling for the others to stop as well. He turned around to face Ruka, grabbing a hold of Anna and moving her into his cloak. “Change of plans.” He said. “There are too many eyes on us. I’ll hold the girl. The rest of you shall disperse. Do what you must to attract attention.” Zid had looked to Levesque, “Including me?” He asked. “Yes, my son. You are to go as well. Should anyone from the child’s encampment cross your path, deal with them.” Zid nodded before taking off to the East of the village.

He moved rather quickly, jumping from roof to roof. It didn’t take him long to reach the Eastern area of Merriwreathe, which was a calm and peaceful bazar. “....Anna, I’m so sorry...” Zid muttered under his breath. There was so much guilt wearing him down.

In the cottage, Claudette had been filled in on the current situation. She had held her hands to her mouth in horror. “Oh no!!!!” The woman was then startled by Shinji’s outburst and Biggs. She had taken a few steps back, with Randall even running to their location. “Everything okay!?” But by the time he arrived, things had descalated. The group had made thier decision to get Anna back! Both Randall and Claudette had watched in awe. “You guys...” Claudette said with tears. “We believe in you!!!” She said. “Yeah! We know you’ll get your friend back!” Randall added before they had departed from the household. “They’re so inspirational...” Claudette had said, walking over to Randall. “I hope everything goes well.”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:38 pm
Levesque had made it clear that there were too many eyes watching. He is a very cautious man. His plans must be executed to the utmost perfection. "Be careful with her." Ruka had said. For some reason Ruka had a slight attachment to Anna, even though they have only just met. Landmars had placed his hand on her shoulder as Levesque took the girl from her. Landmars and Ruka along with Zid had vanished. They would scour the city of Merriwreathe.

On Landmars and Ruka's side, they'd be at the West gate. Ruka had been looking a bit saddened now that she was no longer with Anna. Landmars had noticed. He'd walk up behind her placing his arm around her upper back, latching his hand onto her opposite shoulder. "I know how you must be feeling. I took like the little one even though we've just met." He had also looked as if he were remorseful. She would simply turn and bury her face into his chest. "We must trust in Levesque, Ruka. You know what he is capable of..."

Shinji and Biggs had arrived at the church. They'd burst in, somewhat causing a commotion. Many eyes were on the two that appeared to be like ruffians. Shinji were anxiously rush through the church, searching every crevice. Biggs however paced himself much slower. He'd eventually reach the altar were the head priest stood alongside two others. "Excuse me!" He'd shout. The priest would switch his hands into a folded position before turning to Biggs. "Yes? What is it my child?" "A little girl! Did a little girl with a wolf pup come by here!?" The priest had then began to rub his chin, thinking. "A little girl you say? Hmm... Let me think.." It would appear as if the priest was playing dumb. He immediately knew it was Anna who they were looking for. "I'm not too sure, my memory is a bit foggy due to the volume of worshippers that come by daily. If you were to give me a little..." He'd raise his hand slightly to get Biggs' attention, rubbing his fingers together, signaling a fee was to be made for the information on Anna. "I might have regained my memory." Biggs had gritted his teeth. He knew at that point the priest was playing him. Shinji wasn't too far away and noticed the corrupt priest. He'd leap a great distance, appearing before the priest startling those around. "Listen up you corrupt bastard!" Shinji would aggressively grab hold of the priest's robes at the collar. "Shinji!" The blond haired young man would not listen. "I'm not gonna sit here and let your greedy ass extort money from us! You're gonna tell us where she is!" He'd angrily stare at the priest. "You're- you're bluffing! You wouldn't strike a man of the cloth!" The priest was frantically panicking. He had believed being a man of God, he was safe from harm. This however did not matter to Shinji. The young man would take his free hand, cocking it back and encasing it in Misra. Biggs' had been nervous as to what Shinji was about to do. "Please!! You- you can't!" The priest had become even more fearful. He finally realized how serious Shinji was. "Then talk!" He'd pull his fist back even more. Those in the church had been fearful of this moment. They'd watch a wait to see what the young man would do. The priest had still hesitated. This had angered Shinji to the point he had started to move forward with his fist. In a quick fashion, the priest had finally gave in! "ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT! SHE WAS HERE!!" Shinji's fist was less than an inch away from the priest's face. There was so much sweat dripping from his face "Where is she now?" Shinji would ask. "I- I don't know!" Shinji had expressed even more anger, causing the priest to flinch. "I- I swear! Honest to God!" The priest's hands were up as if he were trying to block Shinji's rage. "II just know that she was being followed by some kid that was here. He- he stole some of the Holy Water that the girl wanted!" "A kid?" Biggs thought to himself. "Shinji. It has to be them!" He knew exactly who that kid would be. "Please! That's all I know! I swear it!" Shinji would toss the priest to the ground with him landing on his butt. "Let's go then. They can't be too far away."

The two young men would finally exit the church. Those inside the church had been afraid of Shinji and kept their distance.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:59 am
The boy had found himself setting his sights on the peaceful bazar. If it was a distraction they needed, he’d provide one. He dropped down from the roof-top he had been standing on, landing in the crowd of people. “What the heck!?” Said one of the residents, shocked to see the young boy land before them. Zid had stretched out both arms, his sleeves moving up his arm. His head was lowered, concealed in the darkness the hood had to offer. “What’s he doing?” Asked another bystander. They watched as the boy slowly raised his head, his nails beginning to elongate into claws.

“Forgive me Anna...” He said once more, quickly lunging at the nearby bystanders and slashing at them. One by one, they were being cut down by Zid. In mere seconds, it had became a bloody scene, with people fleeing in panic. With Merriwreathe being a small city, the cries at the bazar were certain to catch the attention of anyone near the East sector of Merriwreathe.

While this had been going on, Levesque had continued to make his way to the Northern entrance. Anna was still inside his cloak, unconscious. Oh child, if only you knew how special you are. How many are interested in you....” The man had walked more, this time in silence. “She will be pleased.”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:18 pm
"I wish we had some kind of clue as to where they could be..." Biggs had balled up his fist, gritting his teeth. It was easy enough to tell how on edge he was. "Do you remember how when you guys were in that cave looking for Anna?" Shinji had tried to jog Biggs' memory. He'd put on a thinking face. It took the young man some time before he could remember. "Uhh, yeah.. But what does that have to do with anything?" Biggs still didn't understand the comparison. "You guys said that Koji was the only one to be able to sniff out where Anna was. Behind some door." Biggs had thought about it and remembered this part as well. "Yeah, yeah that's true!" "Koji's sense of smell is top of the line, second to none. I'm more than sure he'd try to find Anna himself. So basically..." "If we find Koji, we can find Anna too!" Biggs would cut in to finish Shinji's sentence. "You know. You're a lot smarter than you look." Biggs would chuckle as he took off. Shinji was at first smirking because of his great idea. He'd soon realize Biggs had made fun of him. "Hey wait! What's that suppose to mean!?" Shinji would angrily chase after Biggs.

Remi had just stumbled upon a lone cave outside of Merriwreathe. The surrounding area had been covered in thickets and trees. There was also some small wildlife passing by. They'd watch as the young woman had entered the cave. Remi had placed her hand on the inside of the dark cave. With her eyes closed, it was like she could feel the cave itself. After a deep breathe, she'd reopen them and continued on. Water droplets had fell to the ground in long intervals. That was the only sound that could be heard, aside from her footsteps. As she went deeper into the cave, a strong presence could be felt. Her initial reaction was a simple shudder. The presence was so great it was like a terrible feeling had overcome her. Even then, she pressed on. Grunting as well as the sound of rubble dropping and breaking could be heard. a faint light was just around the corner. She was finally at her destination. As she grew closer, the sounds were much louder until suddenly it stopped. Now it was just heavy breathing. Remi had turned the corner to reveal Virgil, on his back flat on the ground.

The young man had been shirtless breathing heavy. Sweat was dripping all over his body. His left arm revealed the demonic arm. It's presence was something Remi had feared. She had been nervous, approaching Virgil. After her first few steps, Virgil would speak. "I can't do it. It's... It's impossible." Remi had stopped for a moment but she had continued on. "The one thing in this world I can do to save them and I can't even do it!" The young man was angry with himself. This self deprecating had stemmed from him having this demonic arm. Remi had now been standing over him, looking down at him. Tears had ran down the side of his face. "I'm pathetic... I-" Before he could finish his sentence, Remi had took her hand and slapped Virgil in the face as hard as she could. His cheek was red and this angered him a bit. He'd roll over, getting upright on his knees holding his reddened cheek, rubbing it. "What the hell!!?" He'd see on Remi's face how sad she was. Tears had been running down her face as well. This had caught Virgil by surprise. "What's wrong?" Virgil had quickly become sentimental and rushed over to Remi. His arms were positioned around her as if he was going to hug her but they were just suspended in the air. "You... While you're in here feeling sorry for yourself... Anna..." This had caught Virgil's attention. "Anna? What do you mean? What happened to Anna!?"
Remi had shook her head."They're back. Those people took her?" Virgil's eyes widened. "No..." Virgil gritted his teeth. "Dammit!! We have to head back! We have to find her!" Remi had been wiping her tears. "We will find her. I promise." He gave her a confident smile before she replied with a determined look and a head nod.

Shinji and Biggs had been racing through Merriwreathe. They'd get to a part of the city where they'd seen many people running away from something. "Hey what's that?" Biggs had pointed out to Shinji. "People running frantically, strong presence. I think we found our guy." Biggs would nod in agreement. "Let's go!" The two young men had ran in the direction, the citizens ran from. They'd finally reach the area where the people had been running from. There had countless bodies on the ground mutilated. Blood had been splattered all over the walls of homes and even on the concessions. Shinji and Biggs would set their eyes on a lone man. The man was Landsmars! He had held his spear covered in blood. Landmars would turn in the direction of both Shinji and Biggs. "You two don't seem like the rest of these guys. Come play with me for a bit." He'd chuckle gaining Shinji and Biggs' attention. The two were ready to fight with Landsmars until suddenly, Ruka had appeared behind them. "I'd imagine these two are who Levesque told us to worry about." Catching the two boys off guard, they'd try to strike back at Ruka. She'd evade easily, jumping to Landmars' side. It would seem a big battle was about to start.

Also around the same time, Koji had just caught back up with Zid. The wolf pup would be growling at the boy. A similar scene was set just like where Landmars and Ruka were.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:50 pm
Levesque had continued on his path, finally reaching the Northern gate. He’d stop at the gape, standing in between the massive gateway. Slowly and gently, the man removed Anna’s unconscious body from his cloak, tossing the child on the floor. His intention was to awaken Anna, so that he may speak with her. If she were to waken, Levesque would be standing there, hands behind his back, gazing down on her small frame.

Back in Merriwreathe, Zid had continued to butcher any villager crossing his path. It was a bloodbath! The boy had been cutting through them one-by-one, until he stopped dead in his tracks. He had picked up on Koji’s presence, slightly turning his head towards the wolf pup. “It’s you....” The boy said, turning to face the growling pup. “She’s not here with me, in case you were searching for her.”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:54 pm
On Shinji and Biggs' side, the four would finally clash. Shinji had been fighting with Landmars. Both had been using a spear weapon. Essentially, they would attack in mirror images of each other. It would seem that they were on par with each other. "Where is she?" Shinji would ask. Landmars was a bit confused as to what Shinji was talking about. He'd soon remember. "Oh! The little girl? Unfortunately, even I don't know at this moment but more than likely long gone." This comment had angered Shinji further and in his rage, he'd press his spear against Landmars' forcefully pushing him away. The man would jump back with it. "Whoa, whoa!" He wasn't going to be taken down so easily.

With Biggs, as much as he attacked, Ruka was much too swift for him. She'd easily evade every punch or kick Biggs would throw at her. "Why are you doing this? What have we even done to you?" Ruka would land atop of a small stall. "Why? Well aside from the fact you killed one of ours, the girl is special. We need her for something." Biggs looked confused. "What is that something?" "Hmm. Now that I can't tell you." She'd press one finger to her lips and say, "It's- a- se- cret." Biggs had been visibly upset. He'd take a nearby pot and tossed it at her. Much like the earlier attacks, she'd evade easily.

The wolf pup had noticed Anna wasn't around after Zid told him she wasn't here. Koji would continuously growl at Zid.

Meanwhile at the North Gate, Anna had just been tossed to the ground. She struggle a bit after just waking, Levesque had been standing tall in front of her. The little girl was fearful. There wasn't a lot she could do in this situation. She knew how outclassed she was. She'd attempt to slowly crawl backwards, away from Levesque.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:18 pm
The boy had stood there, staring at Koji. “Quit your growling. She’s not with me...I don’t...” Then it suddenly hit him. There was indeed no telling where Levesque had taken Anna, but there was now a way Zid could find her. “...Aren’t you capable of sniffing her out? You’re a wolf! Find her!!!” If Koji were to set out and find her, Zid would follow him.

At the northern gate, Anna had awakened. She was afraid, crawling away from Levesque. “It’s pointless. You won’t be able to escape. I cannot afford to let you leave again.” He said, approaching Anna. “You are highly valuable child. I’m not sure you even know your worth.” The man had stepped down on her foot to prevent her from crawling back more.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:53 pm
It didn't seem as if Zid wanted to fight. Koji had been eyeing the boy. In his rage Zid had shouted out at the wolf pup to find Anna. Being a wolf he'd have a keen sense of smell. It took some time before Koji would understand Zid's intentions. He had wanted Koji to find Anna. The boy didn't want to hurt the girl. Instead he wanted to save the girl. Koji would take this opportunity to look in multiple directions, sniffing the air. After about 30 seconds, the wolf pup had finally got a scent. Without a moment to waste, Koji rushed in the direction of where Anna was.

Anna had now been immobilized by Levesque. She could no longer move according to her own will. He had repeated in telling the girl there was no escape. Also, he'd mention how special she was. Anna was aware of her special talent but for some reason, Levesque had a use for it. Her struggle was seen by a bystander. He had been the same thief from earlier that was beaten by Zid. "Unhand that little girl!" The man had been following them this whole time. He'd be carrying a wooden stick with him. Knowing the fact he would have to fight in order to free Anna, he cam prepared.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:05 am
Zid watched as Koji darted off. The young boy would raise his bloody hands, staring hard at the blood as it dripped from his fingertips. “Anna...” His fist slowly clenched as he thought about what Levesque had said. If he truly did consider Anna as a friend, she would have never been in this predicament. “..I won’t let him...” Zid closed his eyes, “...I won’t let him take you!” He proclaimed, opening his eyes and running off after Koji.

Back at the Northern gate, Levesque continued to impose his will, intimidating Anna as he held his foot down on hers. “You will be—“ He was suddenly interrupted by the same thief Zid had dealt with earlier. Levesque was familiar with the man, having seen him through Zid. “What’s this?” The man said, turning towards the thief. “You’re the one from earlier no? From the alley-way? Why do you persist in trying to save her?”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:38 am
"What? The alleyway? You were there?" The thief was confused. He'd shake his head in order to recollect himself. "She and her friend had helped me in more ways than you can imagine. At the very least what I can do is make sure creeps like you won't abduct an innocent child!" The man would then charge after Levesque with the wooden stick in hand. "LET HER GO !!!" Once close enough, he'd swing the stick, hoping to hit Levesque in the head.

Returning to Shinji and BIggs' side, they were being pressured by the two under Levesque. Landmars had easily been dealing with Shinji's attacks and even tossing him around. They'd come to clash spears again. This time, Landmars had kicked Shinji in the stomach, while still clashing spears. The impact had pushed him into a nearby wall, breaking through. The debris would fall on top of the blonde warrior. After a few moments, Shinji would emerge from the debris heavily breathing and bruised up. Being on the ropes like this, Shinji had gotten more angry. He'd jump after Landmars screaming in rage, going in for another attack.

On Biggs' side, speed was the big factor in the gap between them. Ruka had been dancing all over Biggs. The young man couldn't land a single blow on her. He too had been frustrated like Shinji. "Are, You even trying?" The woman would question afterwards laughing at Biggs. He wasn't taking to her joking lightly. "Please tell us where Anna is!" Biggs would shout. Ruka had stopped for a moment, after hearing Biggs calling out to her. For some reason, Biggs' frantic calling out to her had gotten to her. She was frozen for some reason. It was the thought about Anna. What was her connection to Anna?
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:28 am
“I was, and I wasn’t.” Levesque grinned, giving his full attention to the thief. He’d raise his foot off of Anna, stepping forward as the thief rushed forth to help Anna. “What courage. But could it also be considered, foolish?” The thief’s swing was quickly stopped. Levesque had caught the wooden stick, holding it tightly. “You won’t save her. You’re too weak.” The man quickly ripped the stick from the thief’s grasp, swinging it across to hit him in the face. The force it was swung with, was enough to crack the stick over the man’s face.

Meanwhile, Zid had continued following Koji. He had been staring at the small wolf pup as they made their way to Anna’s position. ‘He trusted me...Why did he trust me?’ He asked himself in his head. ‘After everything I’ve done, that wolf trusts me...’ His lips had started to quiver. Zid had been overcome with an emotion. He knew deep inside that he was unworthy, undeserving of any trust. Yet, the small wolf pup had allowed him to follow behind.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:32 pm
Levesque had easily outmaneuvered the man. Even with all his might, he was no match for the foul man. Just when it seemed things would not look good for the thief, just before he was struck by the wooden stick, Anna had erected a barrier that had protected the man. The stick would break on her barrier due to the force Levesque had used. The thief had fell on his butt in shock. He had been overcome with fear, seeing flashes of his own death in that moment. Luckily, Anna was able to prevent that. "Please... don't hurt him." She was trembling in fear knowing her actions could make the matter worse for the man. Regardless, she acted on impulse.

With Ruka frozen, Biggs had took this opportunity to charge her up. He'd land a heavy right hook to her face, knocking her to the ground. Landmars had looked over noticing how unresponsive Ruka had become. "RUKA!!!” There would be a slight pause before continuing. “YOU BASTARD! HOW DARE YOU STRIKE MY WOMAN!" He had grown angry the sight of Biggs landed a hit on her. Landmars would take his spear and charged after Biggs. His rage had left himself blind to Shinji who had gone on the offensive. A solid strike to Landmars' side had thrown the man off. "Taking your eyes off the enemy will be your greatest mistake." The young man would say with a triumphant pose.

Koji and Zid had been running throughout the city. The wolf pup had not made a move of Zid who had been closely behind him. Instead, the boy was allowed to follow. After many cut corners, Koji had turned one last corner and stopped. He'd bark with excitement. It was both Virgil and Remi that he had found!

Last edited by virgil on Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:49 pm
Levesque stood there with what remained of the stick in hand. Protecting the thief was a barrier of bright and powerful magic. “Ah, so this is your power child.” He said, observing the barrier before setting his eyes on Anna. “For a child as young as yourself to do that...Very impressive.” He then grinned, turning to approach Anna once more. As he drew close, he bent over, grabbing a hold of the chid and lifting her into the air. “However, there must be a limit for someone as inexperienced as yourself no?” Levesque would then toss Anna to the ground, attempting to break her concentration on the barrier she had erected.

In the city, Zid had followed Koji. “Good wolf!” He managed to get out as he trailed behind the pup. Koji had suddenly stopped, barking in joy. “Did you find her!?” Zid asked, smiling. But to his surprise, she wasn’t the one located. Remi and Virgil were in sight and Zid had been lead straight to them. The boy’s eyes widened, knowing well that he was an enemy in their eyes.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum