TRACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

A darkness looms over Merriwreathe... - Page 2 Empty Re: A darkness looms over Merriwreathe...

Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:24 pm
Tobias and Benkei had made their way to another counter within the tavern, one where a customer could purchase necessities. After all, the tavern was a hot spot for travelers. On the main floor was the bar, which had an open space for tables, chairs and a large platform were performers played their music. At the other end, there was another counter were goods and foods could be sold. That’s exactly where they were able to get their ingredients. The second floor served as an inn. Galavan’s Tavern was truly a special place. Tobias had looked up to Benkei, who was visibly annoyed by the bounty hunters, especially Kane. The old man quickly paced himself to catch up to Benkei, holding the vegetables in a bag. ”Perhaps we can purchase some wild boar meat? That could serve as a good meat for the soup, and make for an excellent broth.”

Nir, Stella and Kira sat at a table, watching the people dance around. Some of them had partners in their hand, twirling them around. Kane continued to jump from table to table, locking arms with one of the women. She appeared to be enjoying herself. ”I’m a master of the dance baby!!!!” Kane yelled out, twirling the woman around. “You are good! I cannot deny it sir!!” She said, laughing. ”That Kane sure knows how to have a good time.” Stella had nodded. She agreed with Nir. There wasn’t a moment where Kane seemed down. ”Yes, he does.” Kira sucked her teeth, folding her arms. ”He’s a character! Such a loser!”

At the bar, Van was seated, looking at the bottles across from him. The entire atmosphere had bothered him greatly. If he could, he’d leave right now. One of the bartenders had picked up on his lonely brooding, walking over to him with a drink. She was young girl, with brown pig-tails under a cream colored bandana. She was wearing a brown dress with a cream colored apron. “Hey, you okay?” She asked. The young man simply looked up at her, lowering his head to avoid any interaction.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

A darkness looms over Merriwreathe... - Page 2 Empty Re: A darkness looms over Merriwreathe...

Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:03 pm
As everyone tended to themselves benkei and tobias were walking through the tavern where necessities could be purchased "hmmm boar meat sounds delightful and when cooked right can produced the most juiciest meal!". As benkei looked through the goods in the tavern ,he would purchased veggies and clothes to produce clothes for himself "these will do nicely to make nice gear , now I need a good Weaver to make me something nice ". Benkei turn to tobias "have you found the boar meat? Or anything we can bring back to the gang ? Maybe some new accessories for the girls ?".
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:32 pm
Tobias continued following Benkei, lagging a bit behind. He had managed to find himself a nice clean cut of wild boar. "Yes Benkei! I found this! It's from the boar's loin." He presented the meat, taking notice of the fabric in Benkei's hands."Are you planning on a change of clothing?" The two continued to walk through the marketplace of the tavern.

At the bar, Van remained silent, The bartender had placed her two hands on her hips, frowning, "Hey! Do you talk?" The young man looked up, taking the drink the young woman offered. "Yes, I do." The woman smiled, leaning over and resting her chin in her hands. "You're not from around here are you?" As she looked at him, she eyed his armored arm, picking up on the forging. "That armor isn't from around here either..." She looked Van in his eyes, "Are you--" Van had taken a sip from the mug, "I'm a bounty hunter, nothing more and nothing less." He placed the mug down, leaning back,
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:57 am
Benkei while carrying his supplies took notice of Tobias claiming he had meat from boar loins "dear me that is a mighty fine slab! It's the juiciest and thickest cut they have that is a perfect buy old man". Benkei was then asked about the cloth he purchased "yea something like that to. Be easy to fight with and not be entirely recognized but now a little something for the girls ". Benkei wondered through the shops looking for any magical gems or items to help the girls in battle or boost their misra "geez these all very expensive but I want those two protected well even if it's just a small boost but I know nothing of the sort when it comes to this ".
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:06 pm
Finally reaching Tanyuk, Virgil and the others had found themselves inside of a pub. Music had been playing all throughout. Men were drinking aggressively, women were jeering at them, laughs were shared and even some arguments. It was a typical bar scene. There was a large open standing area many low rectangular wooden tables around as well as circular higher up wooden tables surrounding. At the low tables were long wooden benches and at the high tables were wooden stools. The size of their group was quite large, so they had sat at a rectangular table. On the table, were three large pitchers as well as freshly cooked meals. You could tell from the steam coming off the meats on the plates. At the foot of the table, right besides Anna, Koji had a plate of food as well as a bowl of water. The wolf pup would be eating contently.

Just about halfway done with there food, Biggs had started to shake around a small pocket sized, beat up old bag wallet. "Well... Looks like we won't be staying in an inn tonight." He'd let a sigh out. This would catch Remi by surprise, leading her to sigh as well. "I wish I could be in a beeed." She had whined, sliding down on the table in exhaustion, extending her arms out with her face down. "Honestly... I feel like it's been for ever since we slept in a bed." Virgil would add. "Really? Well I feel refreshed! AHAHAHA!" Shinji would shout and laugh. Remi and Virgil would both give Shinji a glare. He had been resting throughout the ordeals back in the cave.

Men had been passing by the table, all rowdy like. At the lead of them all was a rather tall man tossing a hefty bag of Stals. "I can't believe you got all those Stals from him! How'd you do it? Come on, tell us?" One man would say with short hair to his shoulders. "HAHAHA! It was easy!" The man with the bag of Stals had said. "The fool really couldn't tell left from right! AHAHAHA!!" The other men around would laugh along with him. This had caught Shinji's attention. "The old geezer wanted his precious youth so bad, I sold him some "fountain of youth" water! AHAHAHA!" The man would go on to explain how he got the Stals he has from someone. In a mocking manner. The others would laugh along with him again. "It was- haha... it was haha- it was only ginger, lemon and water HAHAHAHAHA!!" Their laughing was so loud, others began to look in their direction.

Shinji had stood of from the table, drawing his friends' attention. "Hey, where are you-" Remi would start to say before Virgil cut in. "Just let him be. He wouldn't do anything dumb." Shinji had made his way over towards the laughing men. As the men were laughing and sharing drinks with one another, here comes Shinji strolling by. "That's an interesting story you guys got there! Mind if I hear more?" Shinji had said as he had welcomed himself to a seat. The men looked at him in confusion. "Who the hell are you?" Asked one of the men. "Aww, come on guys.. I'm just trying to figure out how you swindled an old man." Before Shinji finished his statement, he leaned in closer, looking around and quietly speaking. "Between you and me. I'm low on funds so I wanted to make a quick come up." Shinji ended with a smile. The man with the bag of Stals finally was fed up with Shinji. He stood up from the seat and went to shove Shinji as he said, "I already told you to GET LOST!!!" Unfortunately, for the man, Shinji had loured him into his ploy. The man had been the aggressor giving him a reason to fight back. Shinji quickly stood and parrying the hand coming towards him. This would carry the man's momentum, letting him fall to the ground in an embarrassing fashion.

Many people who had already been fixated on the rowdy group, burst into laughter. The man became even more infuriated causing him to shout on anger! "KILL THIS BASTARD!!!" The others in the group had then received the go ahead to attack Shinji. The latter had been backing away nervously, as if he was a damsel in distress. "Now guys, this is a misunderstanding. We can talk this out." One of the men had stepped forward, cracking his knuckles. "Talk huh? I got something you can talk to?" He had sent a straight right fist at Shinji. The young man had dodged the punch with ease, taking the arm and flipping the man onto his back. The room was silent. Who was this young man, they thought. This only riled up the other men as the attack all at once. Virgil and the others would just watch as the bar brawl had waged on. "Are you guys gonna go help him?" Anna had asked, in her quite voice. "I'm not!" Remi had turned around to drink her mug, slamming it on the table. You could see from her body language, she was angry. "Yeeeeah I'm not gonna go either." Virgil added. Biggs would simply turn the other cheek. Anna was confused but not worried.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:17 pm
The tavern was lively! Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves! Nir, Stella and Kira were going along to the music, singing with the others. Kane, being his normal self, continued to dance in ecstacy. The more Nir watched, the more he thought about Persephone. How could they possibly be enjoying themselves with the world in this state? Especially Galatia. He lowered his mug, looking down at the ale inside. ”Nir, it’ll be alright.” Stella’s hand had found its way to Nir’s arm. She had looked at him with a smile, ”We’ll find her. Persephone is strong on her own. They won’t harm her.” Kira slowly drank from her mug, looking up at the two.

Meanwhile, with Tobias and Benkei, they ventured through the marketplace. Tobias had chosen a fine slab of boar meat, according to Benkei. It’d made for an excellent addition to soup. The old man was delighted as he listened to Benkei explain his worry for the girls. ”Benkei, I don’t think you should worry about Stella. She was advisor to the The Oracle. I’m sure she’s able to defend herself. Kira on the otherhand...” Tobias rubbed his beard. ”Kira needs guidance. I don’t know why, but she feels like she must find her father. Like she has something to prove.” Tobias looked up to Benkei, ”If anything Benkei....will your promise me that she’ll remain safe during our travels? If anything happens to me, will you promise me that you’ll keep her protected?”

Back at the bar, the bartender leaned back, taken aback by Van’s comment. “So, you’re definitely not a Duran soldier?” She looked at the men in the tavern, “Because there are a lot of Galatian soldiers here.” Van remained quiet, finishing the drink and sliding it to her. ”This armor belonged to a Duran soldier. I took it from him. I’ll finish the job next time.” He said, standing from his seat and flipping two Stals as he made his way to the exit.

Last edited by Vanitas on Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:49 pm
Benkei looked at Tobias as they continued to shop and he voices his concerns. He would tell benkei to not worry or concern himself with Stella as she was a advisor to the Oracle but Kira on the other hand needed guidance "I understand that very much dear Tobias I do but I worry for lady Stella as well as lady Kira especially her,I know what her father means to her and that man saved my life ". Tobias then asked benkei for a favor to protect lady kira but he made it seem like he would die during our journey " Tobias I would protect these girls with my life but your going to make it through this with us all so change your mindset and push forward! Now help me find better suited clothes for myself !".
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:22 am
"I can't believe you really started a bar fight for some stals..." Virgil had sighed. The group had been walking outside, away from the bar. Shinji had been walking with a bit of swagger. Actually, it was more like with arrogance. He had just beat a group of guys in a bar fight. This had definitely given a boost to his ego. "Just look at the Bright side... We can get us a place to stay for the night." Shinji would say chuckling. "I feel kinda bad about that." Biggs had added. "Well you shouldn't. Those guys basically robbed an old man. I'm just giving them their karma." Shinji replied. "By stooping to being a petty thief?" Remi had questioned. "Listen. If you don't like it then you can sleep on the cold hard floor." Shinji replied. "You're such a-" Before Remi could finish, Virgil had cut in.

"Hey guys. Look." Virgil had pointed out an old man with a little girl. She seemed even younger than Anna. The old man was wearing a dark orange shirt with dark blue overalls, while the little girl was wearinga white blouse and long green skirt. It was obvious that something was wrong with the little girl. The old man was doing everything he could to make sure the little girl was ok. She was coughing violently. She appeared to be in so much pain that her face was turning red.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:50 pm
Even while celebrating, Kane managed to notice Van leave the tavern. He’d spin, pulling the two ladies towards each other as he broke off and jumped from the table. “Hey! Where are you going?” Asked one of the women. ”I’ll be right back!” Kane said, running towards the exit of the tavern. Nir, Stella and Kira watched on, curious to know what he was up to. ”I wonder where he’s going?” The young woman asked, turning around. Nir also turned around, scanning the bar for Van. ”I don’t know, but I don’t see Van either..”

Back with Tobias and Benkei, the old man had been promised that Kira would be protected. But he had also been told to be a little more optimistic. He smiled, holding his hat and closing his eyes. ”Yes, of course. I should have a little more faith.” The old man chuckled before walking off, ”I’ll see what they have over here Benkei. Maybe I’ll be able to find you something nice.”

Outside, Kane had approached Van. The young man was sitting beside a tree, watching the clouds over the valley. ”Hey! Van! Whatcha doing out here? The party’s inside!” Van slightly turned to Kane. ”What are we doing partying? We’re wasting time.” Kane rubbed his beard, ”We’re just taking a little break! That’s all!” He walked over to Van, taking a seat beside him. ”They’re never going to get their Oracle. All they do is divert from their mission. I don’t see desperation. I don’t know why we continue to help them.” Kane frowned, looking off across the valley. ”They have faith. That’s all it is. Somewhere deep inside, they know that they’ll find her. And you know what? I feel like we’ll do it too Van. You should start having faith as well.” The young man clenched his fists, a memory coming to him that he wasn’t fond of. ”I’ve tried....all it did was bring me despair...” Kane turned over to Van, placing his hand on his shoulder. ”I guarantee you, it’ll be different this time Van. I’m sorry about your past, but, things will be different this time....”

The young bounty hunter lowered his head, shaking Kane’s hand off of his shoulder. That was his cue to leave him be. Kane stood, turning around to walk back to the tavern, but before proceeding, he’d stop. ”Hey Van!” He turned around. ”I’m willing to bet that we’ll find her. You can have anything you want, hell, even my crossbow, if we don’t find her. But if we do.....You owe me a bottle of White Banthrel....” Kane turned back, heading back into the tavern and leaving Van alone. ”White Banthrel...”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:26 pm
As benkei and tobias continue shopping benkei bumped into a few stragglers who were drunk "oh excuse me sirs my apologies". As benkei attempted to walk away one of them would grab him "eh ehh bbastrard you shoved me uh! You think you are some tough guy with your fancy clothes". Benkei sighed putting his bags down "I apologise sir for my actions twas a simple accident ". The man continue to pester him more "do I look like like some idiot you did it on purpose and I want money for my pain and suffering !". Benkei sighed and looked towards Tobias "ehh go on ahead see if you can find some goods for me then head back to the girls and nir I'll be right behind you ".
As Tobias would walk away one of them men would try to stop his but benkei would appear in front of him "I really do not want to cause a scene gentleman but my friend has somewhere to go can we handle this matter non violently?". The men would pester benkei together and attempted to put their hands on him but benkei with a flick of his wrist and without notice would move a piece of the earth beneath the man's feet to make him fall face first "dear sir are you okay?".
virgil
virgil
Admin

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:58 pm
"Do you see the look on her face?" Virgil had commented. Remi had been looking long and hard at the little girl. hearing her violent coughs led her to believe the girl was terribly sick. "She looks so sickly..." Remi spoke in a sympathetic voice. Shinji had been looking hard at the little girl. For some reason he had some interest in her and the old man. "Let's see if we can help them." Biggs had said as he walked over to the two.

"Hey! Is everything ok?" Biggs would ask. Behind him Virgil, Shinji and Remi were standing in a horizontal line. Anna with Koji was standing behind Remi. The old man would look up to Biggs and the others. "Oh, hello. I apologize but everything will be ok. My granddaughter is sick, you see. And this medicine some nice men had sold to me will do just the trick. We just have to wait." The old man said with a smile. He was determined to help his granddaughter. Shinji had tensed up after hearing the old man speak. This was the same old man that bought the fake medicine from the guys at the bar.

"Medicine? Do you mind if I take a look at the medicine?" Remi had asked. The old man was confused but he would oblige. "Sure, go ahead." Now Remi was no doctor whatsoever, but she was keen on medicinal treatments. She took the vial from the old man, staring at it. She'd shake it around and sniff it as well. "What did they say this was called?" She asked while, staring at the vial closely. The old man appeared to be pondering, "hmmm... they called it the Dose of the Sun." The rumors of this medicine is said to cure any ailments without fail. Of course it was extremely expensive to purchase but." The old man turned to his granddaughter and smiled. "There is no price too expensive for my granddaughter." Just then, Remi had thrown the vial on the ground breaking it.

"AAAHHHHHH!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!!!" The old man hollered, running to the liquid, in distraught. The old man was brought to tears. He got up and was ready to rush Remi, until he stopped in his tracks. Remi had gone over to the little girl, examining her. The little girl would stare at Remi a bit nervous. She'd even cough hard in front of her. Remi had fidgeted in her bag. She now pulled out vial in her hand, giving it to the little girl. "Here. Drink this instead. It'll make you feel much better." The little girl hadn't spoke a word to Remi yet. She was unsure of what she should do just yet. Remi had a confused look on her face. "What's wrong?" Remi had tried to get an explanation from the little but but she wouldn't speak. The little girl would cough hard again. It took a minute but Shinji had stepped in. He had kneeled down before the little girl. with a serious expression. Unfortunately, his presence wasn't the most pleasing so it made the little girl more nervous. "Hey you! Stop looking so weak!" He had shouted. Remi had looked to him in frustration. "Don't say that to her!" Shinji would turn away from Remi. "Hmmph. All I'm saying, is that if she's gonna sit and lose to this disease, then we don't need to give her the medicine." Shinji folded his arms, pouting.  

Virgil had then stepped in. Shinji and Remi had both gotten up to let Virgil through. "Hey. I'm sorry that things have gotten so wierd for you. I'm Virgil! What's your name?" Virgil had extended a warm smile to the little girl. She had looked at him a bit more differently than Shinji or Remi. It was like she could feel his warmth. "Y.. Yuri." She had said softly with a little cough. "Ahh! Yuri. That's such a nice name. It's nice to meet you Yuri." After smiling for quite some time for the little girl, Virgil had a more serious look on his face. "The loud guy, right there." Virgil had pointed to Shinji. "Believe or not, he's got a lot of energy and do you want to know why?" He posed the question for Yuri. The little girl was a bit interested as she poked her head forward. Virgil reached out his had to Remi, asking for the vial. She gave it to him. "He's been drinking this same medicine. He has the same condition as you." Virgil had then put the vial out for Yuri to take if she wanted. "You don't have to take it. I can't say you will be completely better but, it will help you a lot. That I can promise." Virgil had waited patiently for Yuri's response. She had looked at the vial and then to her grandfather. "I.. I don't want to be weak." She had said as she took the vial from Virgil. After a brief moment of hesitation, Yuri had drank the bottle. After finishing the vial, She stuck her tongue out. "BLEEHH.... It's gross." She was disgusting with the taste of the medicine but she didn't leave a single drop left. "Yeah it's gross but you get used to it, kinda." Shinji had said. Yuri would look up to him. "Hmm... Why are you looking at me like that?" He had been a bit embarrassed. "Thank you." She said with a smile.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:42 pm
Tobias slowly walked away, hearing the commotion in the back behind him. He turned his head to see the cause, only to find Benkei surrounded by some drunk men. ”Oh my...” He said, turning around and picking up his pace. ”....This is going to get ugly..” Back in the main area of the tavern, the music was still being played loudly. People continued to dance drunkenly, living their best lives, unaware of what was going on in the market area of the massive complex.

Nir had drank from his mug, smiling as Galatian soldiers danced before him. ”I guess these disguises really do work.” Stella smiled, nodding. ”Nir, why don’t you celebrate with them?” Kira turned to face Nir, ”Yeah! Go and dance with them! As a matter of fact, why don’t we all go join them? We deserve it! I mean, we liberated Andel!” Stella looked to Nir, ”She’s right Nir. Come on.” Stella rose from her seat, taking a hold of Nir’s hand and pulling him to join the others. Kira stood to follow them. They’d jump right into the celebration, turning and spinning with the others. ”Aha! You guys got me this time!” Nir said, smiling as he spun Stella and Kira. The others clapped around them. “Wooo!!! Dance! Dance!!”

Kane had returned to find the three dancing together. He smiled, resting his elbow on the bar. ”Well, would you look at that?” He said, turning to the bartender. “They’re living it out! Like you were moments ago.” Kane smirked, ”So, you were watching me?” The bartender closed her eyes, smirking and walking away. “You’re not going to get me that easily.” She walked over to the end of the bar, taking another man’s order as Kane smiled, joining his friends in their dance.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:52 pm
As the men continue to bother benkei one would swing at him as he dodge and continued to move the earth beneath their feet to trip them and deceive them "you should really watch what you are doing sir I wish u no harm ". The drunk men would grow even more angry "you you bastard are playing us for fools !". One man would stand up and attempt to punch benkei but as he came close benkei would lift the earth under his foot slightly and cause him to fall face first "dear God do you need help sir ?". As the man looked up at benkei with a angry face his face changed to a face of fear as he saw benkei giving him a death stare with Sparks of lightning in his eyes. Benkei looked at him with a serious stern face as he leaned forward trying to help him ".....let me help you.....sir". The man would stand up screaming and running away "this man is crazy he is a monster ,a demon!". Benkei stood their confused as everyone around him looked at him just as confused as he was "geez the drunks in this place are wild huh!". Benkei would grab his things and head back to his friends
virgil
virgil
Admin

Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:39 pm
The group had been traveling throughout, Tanyuk without purpose. Yuri, Anna and Koji had been running around playing in the open square. At this moment, the others had sat down on a bench. "Sooo, Lloyd... was it?" Virgil had said nervously, hoping he didn't get it wrong. Lloyd had looked to Virgil with a smile. "That's right. Believe it or not I was once a great swordsman, known by all. Ha ha ha ha!!" The elderly man laughed as he bragged. Remi, Biggs and Virgil had given an uncomfortable looking chuckle.

"So, the medicine." Remi had started to speak up. Lloyd had cut in. "Yeah, yeah. I know. The medicine I bought wasn't the real thing and what you good people have brought was. I understand that this isn't free. But if you please give me some time." Lloyd had got up from his sit. This was put a surprised look on everyone's face. Lloyd would get down on both knees. "If you give me some time." He'd then begin to bow his head. "I'll surely... Repay your kindness." Lloyd's forehead was now touching the floor. Virgil, Biggs and Remi were getting nervous and embarrassed. "No no please don't-" Biggs had kneeled down to help Lloyd up. Remi was still in shock. Virgil had taken the time to address the situation. "You shouldn't thank us just yet. There is still the issue of how you would get the medicine and proper treatment." All eyes were on Virgil. What he has to say would be most important for Lloyd to hear. "We know of a place, where she can grow up like a regular kid." Virgil looked and Lloyd with utmost seriousness. "She will eventually die without the proper treatment. I want to take you two there. This place is like a dream land. You two could live in peace there. You could-" Virgil sounded more and more excited as he spoke until Lloyd cut in. "IF THIS place is so great. Then why are you all hear?" Lloyd's question was a valid point. If this so called dreamworld was that much of a paradise, then why would anyone want to leave?

There was silence for a bit. Biggs had finally broken the silence. "We have a mission we must complete. Shinji normally wouldn't be able to come but so long as we have the medicine he should take, things will be ok." "If he's been taking this medicine for so long, how come he isn't any better?" Lloyd posed another good question. "Because this medicine, It's not complete. This is only something that temporarily stalls the virus' effects." Remi looked disappointed. Shinji had stood up from the table. Lloyd had his attention on Shinji. "I'll simplify it for you old man... I got this virus thing five years ago." Virgil looked down. Shinji looked back to the old man with a serious look. "Without that medicine, I would've been dead five years ago."
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:11 am
Kane stood at the bar, watching Nir, Stella and Kira dance. It was a good moment for them to release their stress. Something they needed. He took a few sips from his mug, looking back to the bartender here and there as she served others. The men who were frightened by Benkei had suddenly ran past Kane. “That damn freak!” One said. “Let’s get the heck out of here!” Said another as they exited the Tavern. ”What in the world?” Kane watched them leave before shrugging and turning back to watch the dancing.

Tobias found himself collecting garments of every color. Hopefully, one of them would catch Benkei’s eye. ”This is a nice one. Maybe he’ll like this.” He said, hanging them on his arm as he walked around. With the garments chosen, he turned around, heading back to Benkei.

Outside, Van continued to sit against the tree. He glanced over the valley, remembering the smoke cloud from before. All he could think about was his past, with words coming to mind, “War is inevitable. It’s a part of humanity that has written our history, and will continue to do so in the future....” The young man pondered the words that came to his mind, sinking his eyes. “...I plan to put an end to that. There will be a time where war will be of the past, no longer to be witnessed again. I don’t care what I have to do to get there.” It’d trigger an anger, causing Van to pound the ground with his fist, causing Kuro to open his eyes in Van’s shadow. ”You alright there?” He asked. ”I’m fine....”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:20 pm
As the little scuffle with benkei finally ended the men ran off screaming as benkei grabbed his bags "now to return to the girls and the rest of the guys ". With bags in hand benkei returned to nir ,Stella and Kira as well as seeing Tobias finally finding his way back "sorry about all that back there Tobias , but the situation was handle carefully and quietly so we should be fine". Benkei would show the group the amount of food and goods he gather for their travels "we found decent amount of things here including !!!!" Benkei would pull out some charms for everyone "a little something for everyone that has a bit of Divine protection nothing to crazy but I did find some new clothes for myself that can be infused to have magicy properties but for that I would need someone who knows how to tailer clothes with misra though". Benkei looked at Tobias "what did you find anyway good sir beside that amazing meat for dinner we can cook !".
virgil
virgil
Admin

Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:16 am
After Shinji's cold words about his own death, Lloyd had become as white as a ghost. "Dea- dea.." He couldn't even get the words out properly. He knew what this had meant for his grand daughter. "How is there no cure?" The elderly man said. The others had blank stares in their eyes. "For five years... There is still no cure? How can this be? Why is this not a serious topic? Why my granddaughter too?" The old man was getting more and more flustered as he began to break down.  "How long has Yuri had this virus?" Biggs would ask. "She.. uhh she's been this was for.. six months." After a bit of sniffling and holding tears back, Lloyd would answer. "Six months... Well then she's lucky we came by. This virus is unlike anything the world has seen. This virus is something only contracted by some kind of secretion from a demon. When both the fluids in a demon that is ill and a human mix, the phenomenon cause the human to become infected. In other words, a sick demon's blood is fatal to humans." Biggs had finish his origin story of the virus. "That's not all. It's not that every single demon carries that. It's actually a special trait in certain demons. Their bodies are vastly different compared to demons of this world. They were demons of an extremely high caliber. They were so powerful they couldn't be restrained here in our world. These demons are locked in the underworld prison known as Tartarus." The topic had brought about the current understanding of the virus, both Shinji and Yuri have. Lloyd's face had turned. Even more white, as if he knew what she was talking about. Virgil had noticed it. "You said. Tar- Tartarus..." The old man said. "I'm sure you've heard of the name before. Normally as a legend. I can assure you it's very real." Remi said.

"Well then. All that's left for her is to be treated." Remi quickly perked up the mood. "But but there's no cure and I don't have the money." Lloyd responded. Shinji had hunched over the old man, slouching in his side with his arm over his shoulder. "Don''t be so hasty next time old man." Shinji had pressed the bag of stals he took from the men in the bar, into Lloyd's palm. "This is!" Lloyd quickly recognized the bag of stals. "Oh thank you young man. Thank you, thank you!" Lloyd would begin to latch on to Shinji, as he thanked him. Shinji would have a look of uncomfort, from the man holding him. After some thought while holding Shinji, The okd man spoke up. "Wait a minute. How are we going to even get a cure? This isn't something well known I take it, otherwise we would've heard of it." Lloyd spoke. This was a valid point. With this being known for at the very least, five years according to Shinji's date of receiving the virus, it is safe to assume either the virus is not at an alarming state or it is very controlled. "You won't have to worry about a thing gramps. Hehe. We've already decided to bring you guys with us." Virgil had threw his arms out with joy. His invitation was pure. Lloyd couldn't help but let out his tears.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:29 am
The three continued to dance, enjoying themselves. Kira was spun around and around by Stella. She laughed in excitement. ”You’re a natural Kira!” Nir clapped along, looking over to Benkei, who returned with charms and some new garments. ”Benkei! Come and join us!!” He said, gesturing for the monk to join them in their dance. There were others standing beside Nir who also motioned for him to come. “Come on monk! Show us your dance!” Tobias had also returned, holding the bag of meat and the garments he had chosen for Benkei. ”Benkei! Glad you’re okay my boy! I was afraid a scene was going to be caused...” Tobias had then turned to Kira, who was enjoying herself. She had been spinning, stretching out her arms. The old man had smiled. ”Look at her go.” He said softly.

”Yeah! She’s really dancing her butt off! Stella too!” Kane said as he walked in, placing his arms around both Benkei and Tobias. ”Benkei, aren’t these ladies beautiful? You should ask one to dance with you! Or, do you monks have some code or something?” Nir chuckled, shaking his head. ”You’re too funny Kane.” Behind the group, Van had reentered the tavern, looking around before returning to his seat. Kane turned his head, looking in his direction. ”Look at this kid. Two hundred Bronze Stals to the one who makes him smile!”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:36 pm
As benkei returned to his friends nir and the girls started to dance and tobias showed his concern from earlier events. Benkei smiled and eased Tobias thoughts "no worries old friend I am well and the brutes were taken care of ". As he spoke Kane had told him to dance and show his moves as the girls pressured him to dance "ehhh I'm not good of a dancer ladies ahahaha and I don't have a code that's a misconception you know". Benkei would be force to dance around but it seem more like fighting moves mixed with martial arts "ahaha sorry sorry". Benkei would seem so embarrassed and ashamed but tried to please everyone including Kane but then in the corner of his eyes he would see van approach in distance himself. Benkei sighed as Kane mentioned a deal to get van smile "someone might die if they attempt that ".
virgil
virgil
Admin

Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:38 pm
At this time, we bring our story to a place that has seen much bloodshed. In a wide open plain in Paleides, the field was scarred from the fierce battle. Craters were left all over with multiple dead bodies lying about. There were even still some fires and thick black smoke. It would appear as though the Duran forces in this particular region had been annihilated. From inside a tent, a meeting was being held. The tent had consisted of the head of the attack. It was none other than Edge Kiryuu! Along with Edge, two others had sat at the same table. On the right, a man with short white hair had been sitting down with his eyes glued to a map that was spread out on the table. He had been wearing glassing that fit his face perfectly. his pale white skin had been complimented by the dark blue jacket he had been wearing. A black turtleneck undershirt had been revealed due to his open jacket. He had been wearing also, dark blue pants that would match. Black gloves and boots would go along with the rest of his outfit. This man was known as Lenarius. Sitting directly adjacent from him, was a woman who seemed unamused with the situation. She just had a blank expression on her face the whole time. She had medium length brown hair. Her bangs were split so that one third of her bangs was braided to her right, revealing more of her forehead. She had been wearing a very tight fitted black jacket that was also open, revealing her white undershirt. There was quite a bit of gold and red lining running through her black jacket. Her white undershirt was unbuttoned enough to show off, just the right amount of cleavage. She had also been wearing a black short skirt. It would reveal her smooth fair legs. This would all be topped off with black gloves and black heels that would reach just below her knees. She was known as Mayaria.

"So, with this victory over Duran, we must now take this time to regroup. We must prepare for the next invasion." Lenarius had spoke. "I don't get why we can't just go straight to Duran." Mayaria had responded, huffing and puffing. "Because, Mayaria. They have the Oracle in their custody. If we're going to rescue a hostage, it's wiser to gain more knowledge. Who's to say she's even in Duran?" He would respond back. "Alright, alright... Don't start the lecturing." Mayaria had said, leaning back into her seat with her head resting back over the top of the chair. "Do not forget. We are simply the infantry unit. If we are to gain knowledge we must pass this on to those who are to rescue the Oracle." Edge had finally spoke up. His arms were folded. The other two had given them their undivided attention. "Although our primary mission is to raid Duran outposts, we will be the first to strike at Duran's door. We mustn't be too hasty in this. The whereabouts of General Lionheardht is still unknown. At best we can assume  Duran has two hostages." Edge had put his head down. Mayaria had given a must unpleased look, like she was feeling the same pain as Edge. "Commander..." Edge would pick his head back up. "Lenarius!" Edge would shout. "Sir!" Lenarius responded with obedience. "Map out another outpost. Even though, they are in Galatian territory, Duran has set up quite a few outposts around. Before we make a move on Duran, we'll rid their presence from Galatia." Edge was still as determined as ever. "On it." Lenarius had went back to studying the map.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:00 pm
Kane smirked, holding himself back from laughing at Benkei’s dance technique. Tobias clapped along, cheering Benkei on. ”You’re doing well!! Keep going Benkei!” The others had joined in, clapping with Tobias. ”Goooo Benkei!!!” It wasn’t long until those in the tavern caught sight of Benkei’s moves. They circled around the group, clapping and cheering the monk on. ”Look Benkei! They’re all cheering you on!!” Nir had begun stomping his feet to the beat of the music. ”You’re so good Benkei!”

Kane’s jaw had dropped. He couldn’t believe that they thought his dancing was good. It was far from good. In fact, it was more like fighting. ”Are ya kidding me!?” He scratched his head, looking over to Van, who was watching from afar. ”Well, I guess I gotta join them.” Kane said before erupting into a laughter and clapping his hands.

Kuro had emerged from Van’s shadow, curious to see what was going on. ”What’s going on over there?” Kuro asked. ”I don’t know, nor do I want to....” Kuro squinted his eyes, emerging from the shadow. ”Hmmm. Let me check this out then!” The fiend quickly hovered over to the crowd, slipping through the legs and coming up at the center with Benkei. ”This looks fun...” He quietly whispered before hovering up and moving around to the music. ”Yo! Mind if I join!?” Kuro grinned, staring at Benkei. Those in the tavern happened to spot Kuro. They immediately jumped back, some falling back into tables. “W-WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!?” One man cried out. A woman would let out a blood curdling scream, causing the music to stop. “IT’S A DEMON!!!!” Cried out another man. ”A demon!? Where!?”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:32 am
As benkei would dance he could hear kuro voice as every one stopped dead in their tracks to spot kuro and the gear would set in. Benkei face would twitch as he spotted kuro ".....ohhhh....shiiiit" the tavern would be in chaos as kuro was discovered "uh uh oh god ummm ". Benkei became frantic as he tried to figure out what to do "wait uhhh foul beast you dare enter this peaceful village !" He would grab kuro and attempt to struggle with him but whisper to him "dam it kuro you blew it just play along ". Benkei would attempt to fight kuro to ease the people "fade when I got you kuro so it looks like you died after then change to a cat"
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:13 pm
Returning back to Virgil's group in Tanyuk, The young group with their new edition had been staying at a nearby Inn. This was all thanks to the money Shinji just so happened to come across which in turn, was passed over to the original owner of the money, Lloyd. The room was quite big and had enough space to fit them all inside. There were two couches and two beds. The two little girls and Koji had been playing on one bed. The older man was in the other. Remi and Shinji had taken the couches, while Virgil and Biggs took to the floor. This would be the sleeping arrangements as well.

"So then, tomorrow we get some supplies and we'll head out." Remi had said. "Yeah. We've taken a detour but, Merriwreathe will still be another 4 days." Virgil would respond. "Not for nothing, with the sick girl and old man, it'll slow us down. We should at least try to get a cart." Shinji had mentioned. "You sure the carts not for you?" Remi had responded in annoyance. "H hey!" Shinji would shout in disbelief. They'd begin to bicker as usual. Virgil and Biggs would simply look to each and sigh.

Last edited by virgil on Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:17 pm
The crowd had spaced themselves, leaving Benkei and Kuro in the middle. “What is that thing!?” Continued one of the spectators. “Kill it! It’s a bad spirit!” Shouted another. Kira looked around, stepping towards the center. ”Wait! He’s not a demon!!” She cried out. The people ignored her, some of them raising their swords. “We’ll kill it!” Said a Galatian soldier. Nir reached out, grabbing a hold of Kira and pulling her in. ”Wait! Don’t do anything Kira! Benkei’s got this...”

Kane facepalmed, looking over to Van, who continued to watch from afar. ”Really? You’re just going to let this go on huh?” Kane muttered to himself before looking back to Benkei. Kuro had floated in front of Benkei, allowing the monk to grab a hold of him. ”Hey! What the heck!?” Benkei had explained the plan to him quietly. A quick thought to calm the people down.

“Look! That monk will save us!!!” Cried out a woman. ”Yes! That is Benkei!! He will rescue us all!” Benkei had grabbed a hold of Kuro, causing him to begin fading as he slipped through his fingers, dropping to the ground. ”Ahhh!!! I’ve been touched by holy hands!!!!!!! Curses!!!” Kuro became a blot on the ground, sliding away into the shadows. “HE DID IT!!!! BENKEI THE MONK HAS SAVED US ALL!!!” Two Galatian soldiers quickly moved in, grabbing a hold of Benkei and raising him high up. “Benkei! Benkei!” Kane sighed, shaking his head. ”You’ve gotta be kidding me...”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:06 pm
As kuro disappear and the crowd eased up benkei stood their victorious and his eye twitching "yessss-s I defeated the mmmonster ahaha". Benkei glared at van knowing he could of easily prevented this and he walked up to him "seriously we are trying to keep a low profile you could of at least stopped him or kuro you could of turned into a cat and danced with us....no one suspect a cat ". Benkei sighed and sat down grabbing his head "this can not get any worse " but at benkei spoke the worse was yet to come as familiar faces entered the bar looking for another drink. Benkei caught sight of them as they entered "oh no....".
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum