TRACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

The Five Kings Tournament Begins!  Empty The Five Kings Tournament Begins!

Tue May 14, 2019 4:02 pm
”The Festival of Kings had brought many to Galatia yesterday. But today is the main attraction! Today we find our heroes participating in one of the most important events of their entire lives! Hehe. The Five King Tournament! Our sixteen chosen had been decided yesterday, and now they are pitted against each other. Each contestant having a goal. Now, I, Zivini, question, who will come out on top? Hehe. It’ll be fun to watch!”

The sun had been shining upon the kingdom of Galatia. Unlike yesterday, the streets of the main square weren’t as crowded as before. This time, there was a large mass gathered around the colosseum. Today was a very important day for Galat—No, for everyone who resided in Paleides. It was the conclusion to the two day festival, The Festival of The Five Kings. On this day every single soul had gravitated to the colosseum. Many vendors, who were situated in the square, had moved near the colosseum, hoping to sell to those who were outside. Crowds and crowds of people were pouring into the entrance, all excited for what was to come. Alongside the entrance were Galatian soldiers, keeping the peace and aiding in the flow of traffic. Within the colosseum, one could hear the shouts of thousands! It was amazing! A sight to be seen! “Please form three lines.” Said one of the soldiers. They’d try and keep some order.

Two familiar faces were on the line. It was Kane and Van. They had managed to make it to the colosseum early enough to make it into the colosseum before the start of the tournament. ”Van my boy, thank goodness you wake up early. If we would have come any later, we’d probably be outside still.” He looked down at the young man, who was silent under his hood. Kane could see that the effects of the ordeal last night had not yet subsided in the boy. It was best not to press on the matter. They continued walking through the pathway, spotting the light at the end. The sound of cheers were amplified as they passed through the hall. The light at the end was also beginning to hit their faces. ”Oh booooy!!!” Kane smiled, unable to control his excitement. Once they made it out of the tunnel, they could see two soldiers directing the line. They were also able to see the repaired arena, appearing much larger than before. A sea of people filled the rows of the colosseum. But atop was the true spectacle. Above was the royal booth. Seated there was king Palidos himself, his queen Elsa and The Oracle.

Palidos appeared to be a large man, appearing to be in his fifties. He wore a purple robe, lined with white fur. Atop of his salt and pepper hair rested a golden crown, adorned with jewels. He smiled, waving towards the people. Elsa, was a beautiful woman appearing to be in her thirties. She had brown locks coming down over her left shoulder, and her gown was golden. There was also a golden crown atop her head, adorned with more jewels than Palidos’. She had also been waving to the people below. But what truly captured the eyes of many was The Oracle. Never before had Galatians come across someone so beautiful. She appeared to be in her twenties, and has luscious locks of blonde hair flowing down her shoulders. Her emerald eyes were trance inducing, and her smile was as bright as the sun itself. The Oracle was clothed in a white dress, with beautiful crystal earrings hanging from her ears. Her hands were rested on her lap as she watched over the people below. Surrounding the three were six elite soldiers.

As Kane and Van moved to their seats, Kane happened to catch sight of her. ”I.....I....Wow....” His mouth had dropped as he was pulled down by Van. ”I can’t believe she’s this beautiful!!!!” Van had looked up at the royal booth, resting his eye on The Oracle. ”So that’s her....” He’d mutter to himself. Down on the arena platform there was a large band playing music. This was the attraction before the actual tournament commenced, which would be in fifteen minutes. Those were part of the tournament would have to report to the barracks of the colosseum. There were already few early birds who were waiting there.

Not too far from the colosseum, outside of the kingdom walls, Alexander had frantically packed his things. “I’m running so late!!!!! I’m supposed to be there by now!!!” There was a small girl standing at the doorway, appearing to be six years of age. “Big bwother, can I pwease watch you today?” She asked. Alexander’d finally gather everything he needed, turning to her, “I’m sorry Isabella, but you have to go to daycare! Ah!!! Because of me, you’re also running late! Madam Dezel is going to get on me again!” He’d run over to Isabella, opening the door and taking her hand. But before leaving, he’d turn back. “Father!!! Are you coming to watch today!?” There was a brief silence before a man spoke, “For what? It’ll only be a waste of my time....” Called back the voice. Alexander’d look down, causing Isabella to look up at her brother. “Papa will show up big bwother!” He’d turn to Isabella, smiling, “I hope I can see you there father!” He’d yell out before carrying Isabella and running off towards the city.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

The Five Kings Tournament Begins!  Empty Re: The Five Kings Tournament Begins!

Tue May 14, 2019 7:42 pm
As benkei awoke from his slumber he began to yawn and look outside "hmm it's morning....... MORNING!!!! Dear lord I am going to be late !!!!!". He began to run and get dressed as fast as he could " okay staff, clothes , enchanted hear and back pack okay I'm set but no time to run there !". He would open the window of his inn room and proceed to flip onto the roof running along the buildings to get to the colosseum " please do not be late please please please ! ". He was running until he would trip on a tile sending him sky rocking towards the out walls of the arena. His face would smack against the wall cracking it "......owwwww" crowds of people below would see benkei remembering him as the foolish monk from the tournament. He would fall to the ground landing on several guard's "oww owww oh hello good sirs I am here for the tournament I hope I am on time ha haha ". He would nervously tell them how he nearly missed his opportunity to impress the Oracle and the people of galatia
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed May 15, 2019 2:40 am
Inside the baracks, there they were. Shinji and Virgil awaiting for the tournament to start. Propped against the stone walls near the corner of the room, two large wooden crates were stacked. Shinji had been sitting atop of it. He had his legs crossed as well as folded his arms behind his head, leaning against the wall. Beneath him on the stone floor, Virgil had laid. He too had his arms folded behind his head, using them like a pillow. His left knee was bent with the other crossing over making the figure four. He'd be rocking his foot back and forth, up and down as he waited for the remaining fighters to show up.

Remi, Biggs, Anna and Koji had been sitting in the stands already. They'd be sitting towards the end of the stands closest to the arena. If they would look to their right, the royal booth was there. The king himself as well as the queen came out greeting the fans with a wave. "They sure seem fancy." Biggs would comment as he would direct both Anna and Remi's attention to the royal booth. The Oracle had also appeared, taking her seat next to the King and Queen. "Wow..." Remi would look over to the Oracle in awe. She was mesmerized by her beauty. Biggs' mouth was so wide open, you could fit an entire bowl in it. Anna being the innocent child that she is, didn't comprehend the beauty that Remi and Biggs see. "She's so pretty." Anna would say being a bit in awe as well.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Wed May 15, 2019 3:04 am
In the barracks below the main arena, Shinji and Virgil had been waiting. Most of the contestants were already there with them. Only Tauran and Vespina had been interacting with each other. Everyone else though, not so much. Not even Elaria, who was recently quite welcoming and friendly with the two young men, batted an eye. She remained far off in the corner, humming something to herself. Both Gob and Jangr were far from each other. Both of them appeared to be resting. Greyhawk was seated on the ground, back against the wall. Jobo had been standing near the entryway, awaiting for the announcements. Medna was seated on another set of crates, meditating. The door to the barracks suddenly opened. Jobo would move to the side, allowing whoever it was to enter. It was none other than Nir himself. He’d give a nod to Jobo before walking further into the barracks, standing at the center and crossing his arms. This was quite the different atmosphere. Whether it was the anxiety, or fear, nobody appeared to be as lively as before.

Outside, in the arena, the band continued to play music. On the ground level, there was another booth. This one was for the announcer. Two soldiers stood guard there, but the announcer was nowhere to be found. Kane’d look around, taking in the view of all those present today. He’d move his legs back and forth, hitting his knees together. ”Oh man!!! I can’t wait to see the first match!!!” Van lowered his hood and crossed his arms, scanning the entire arena. ”When does it start?” He’d ask. One of the fellow spectators would lean in, “Well, it should be starting in twelve minutes now.”

The scene would change to Alexander, who was running through the Galatian streets. Fortunately, they were no longer packed like before. So he was able to make haste without any obstacles. Isabella had been laughing the entire time, entertained by his running. “Go faster bwother! Go faster!” Alexander would make some turns until he eventually reached a small white building. He’d walk up to the doorway and would knock. A woman appearing in her fifties had opened the door. She was in a navy blue and white dress. “You’re late Alexander.” She’d reach out and grab Isabella, who’d lean in towards the woman. “I’m sorry Madam Dezel! But I have to go to the colosseum! I’m participating this year!” He’d smile. Madam Dezel would appear shocked to hear this. “You’re in the tournament!?” She’d ask. Isabella would giggle, “Big bwother is fighting today! He’s going to win!” Madam Dezel’s expression had slowly transitioned into a smile as she looked at Isabella. “Well.....What are you waiting for!? You have ten minutes to get there!” Alexander realized that he had so little time. If he didn’t report to the colosseum, he’d be disqualified. The young man would run off, “Thank you Madam Dezel!!!!! See you later Isabella!!!” He’d wave as he ran towards the colosseum. Isabella would wave back smiling, “Bye big bwother!”

Outside of the colosseum, Benkei had found himself at the center of attention. But it wasn’t in a good way. Those who were still outside had laughed at him as he crashed into the guards. The three guards would stand up and dust themselves off, with one of them pressing Benkei. “What the hell’s wrong with you!? What were you even doing jumping around!?” But as Benkei explained that he was in the tournament, it became clear to them that he was in a rush. One of the other guards would point to the entry. “Go in there and make the first right! That’ll lead you to the barracks! Just tell the guards who you are though! Hurry!”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Wed May 15, 2019 7:02 pm
As the people would laugh and clap for benkei, the guards would direct him to the barracks " thank you kind sirs I shall be off then !". Benkei would run through the corridors making the first right as instructed. He would appear before a large door as he kicked it open not knowing he would strike jobo with the fling of the door "PLEASE TELL ME I MADE IT IN TIME !". Benkei looked around at the akward moment he created as they all stared at him but the worse of it all was jobo pressed against the wall " ehhhh dearest apologizes jobo I should have known better then rushing through a door without being careful". He would offer a hand to help him up and then turn to see nir,Virgil and shinji " well dear warriors are you ready for the fight of your lives !". He would look around looking for Alexander "wait has Alexander not arrived ?".
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Wed May 15, 2019 8:54 pm
Jobo had been standing beside the door, his arms crossed. The silence continued in the room. Not one single person spoke a word, when suddenly the door swung open! Benkei had kicked the door open, causing it to slam right into Jobo. Apparently, the monk had been running late. In his rush, he had kicked the door open. Many turned towards Benkei, giving him a look. They, however, seemed to ignore him. “You-You son of a bitch!!!!” Said Jobo, his face red from a mark the door had left. He’d reject Benkei’s offer to help him up, standing on his feet by himself.

Nir’d walk over to Benkei, looking at Jobo. ”I was wondering the same thing. I don’t know where he could be.” The door suddenly swung open again, hitting Jobo once more, who had been recovering from the first hit. “FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!!!” He’d yell out. Alexander would step in, panting and sweating from the running he did. “I-I—I made it....” Elaria could be heard in the background laughing.

Before the three men could settle in, a voice was heard from the speaker. This time it was a male’s voice. “Today brings us to our annual Five Kings Tournament! Where sixteen chosen, from across Paleides, come here before King Palidos, Queen Elsa and The Oracle herself, to prove themselves!” A roar from the crowd had followed. Even those in the barracks could hear it as if they were outside. ”Amazing.” Nir said as he looked up. “Although they shall present themselves as sixteen, only one shall find the path to victory!!! Only one shall be granted the opportunity to share the same space as The Oracle herself!” Outside, the spectators listened intently. Kane found himself at the edge of the seat, his chin in the cusps of his hands. ”This is great!!!!” Van turned to Kane, unamused with how the tournament was turning out. The man at the center of the platform turned a full three-hundred and sixty degrees, making sure to face everyone. “Before we begin! I take pleasure in introducing you all to your announcer for today! The beautiful, marvelous, stunning, KIRA LIONSWORTH!” The crowd had cheered again as a circular gap slowly formed at the center of the arena. It opened up to reveal a rising platform, on which Kira stood.

Today she was clothed in a blue fur coat, wearing a blue western-like hat. She had a white skirt, and white boots that were up to her knees. Across her chest was a blue bandana. ”Well hello there y’all!!!!!!” Countless jaws were dropped at the sight of Kira. Some were even whistling. ”Van!!! Look there!!!! That’s Kira Lionsworth! I’ve heard of her! She sings, or something like that!” Van’d close his eyes, shaking head. The man who shared the same platform as Kira had gestured for the crowd to quiet down. Above, king Palidos spoke to his queen, “Does Leo know that she dresses like this?” He’d then chuckle.

“Take it from here Kira.” Said the man as he walked off the platform. Kira’d smirk, striking a pose. ”Who’s ready for The Five King’s Tournament!?!?” The crowd cheered loudly once again. ”Okay! I know a lot of you are waiting for the fighting to begin!” Kane’d look to Van with a grin before looking back at Kira. ”So we’re going to get to it!!!!! Our first battle includes two formidable warriors!!!! Our very own, Nir Oschwalt, The Galatian Sword!!!! A captain that serves in the Galatian military! Keeper of Faith and possessor of Lionheart!!!” The crowd erupted once more! The sound alone was beginning to shake the very colosseum itself. ”Against him is Adofo, The Hero of Bakano!!!!! A proud warrior who has defeated many, and who has seen many wars in the Bad Lands of Paleides!!! They say he defended his village against one thousand men, alone!!!!!!” Kira walked around the platform, looking up at everyone. ”With that said, may I have our two fighters come forth! The Five Kings await you!!!!!!!!” Kane had lip synced along with Kira, for the saying was tradition in every tournament that has come to pass.

Below, both Nir and Adofo had turned to each other, nodding. A massive doorway would open up, revealing a pathway to the platform itself. Above, another opening would slowly open on the platform. Both Nir and Adofo would walk the pathway, exiting to be greeted by the cheers from the crowd. “Wow. This, my friend, is a sight to see.” Said Adofo. Nir’d smile, looking around him before turning towards the Royal Booth. ”That it is.” The entryways would slowly close now that Nir and Adofo were on the platform. They’d stand there awaiting further instruction. ”Warriors, the time has come for you two to do battle against each other. But before we begin, your weapons, that have been saved prior to the preliminary rounds, shall be returned to you. But they will not be in their true form, for the same rules apply during this stage. There shall be no killing, and this time, the battle carries on until one is either unconscious, or forfeits.” Kira’d turn to her right, where an elderly man would walk over. On his right side hovered both Faith and Lionheart, covered in a purple energy. On his left hovered Ojol, Nima and Suli. They were Adofo’s choice of weaponry, a spear, club and sword respectively. They too were covered in this energy. “I am Tobias. What you see before you are your weapons covered in my Misra. My Misra will allow you both to use your weapons any way you want to, without the risk of harming the other with fatal blows. You see, my Misra is like a gel coating that will create blunt attacks, no matter the weapon.” Adofo would examine the weapons before taking a hold of them. Nir’d do the same. “Fear not, for attacks will still hurt. You can also amplify the weapons with your Misra, they will not affect the coating.” Tobias said as he turned around to walk off the platform. Kira’d look to both Adofo and Nir, backing away from them. ”Okay! So, with that said! Let me clear the ring!” She’d turn around to run off of the platform, heading to her booth.

Adofo would look to Nir, “The Galatian Sword. Last time, in the preliminary round, I didn’t get my chance to fight you correctly. Now, I do. So prepare yourself for what will follow.” He’d say as took some paces back. Nir’d smile, holding his shield tightly. ”We shall see Adofo. I will say this, however. In order to preserve my energy, I will try to finish this match as quickly as possible. So no hard feelings my friend.” Nir would also take steps back. With the crowd ready, Kira would raise her arm. ”Okay!!!! The stage is set! Both Nir and Adofo are ready!!!! The Five Kings Tournament shall now commence!!!!!!” As Nir and Adofo faced each other, the sound of the horn was blown!!!!!!!
virgil
virgil
Admin

Thu May 16, 2019 1:47 am
Barging through the doorway came Benkei. He'd hit Jobo apologizing afterwards attempted to help him. Jobo would refuse his help. It wasn't a pleasant first greeting but he did make quite an entrance. Nir would walk over to Benkei as they exchanged hellos to one another. Benkei had then examined the room and in the corner saw both Shinji and Virgil. He'd say hello to them. Shinji would look up to see Benkei. He'd take his right hand from behind his head, holding it up to Benkei. "Yoo!" Virgil would do the same except from the floor and he'd even give a little wave. Afterwards Benkei had noticed Alexander wasn't around but then moments later he too barged in through the doorway hitting Jobo. After the announcement made to start the first round of the tournament, NIr and Adofo had taken their leave.

Upon Nir and Adofo exiting the opening to the arena, many cheers had been heard. "Look it's him!" Remi was slightly excited to see Nir as she pointed him out to Biggs and Anna. "So he's in the first round huh? It'll be great to see of a captain in the Galatian army fights." Biggs would respond inching up in his seat. Anna would look on. Koji on the otherhand had other interests. He'd be looking around as if he was looking for something. He seemed off, like something was wrong. Anna had noticed the wolf pup looking around as he was sitting in her lap. "What's wrong Koji?" She'd asked but the wolf pups response was not to look at her but straight into the sky. Anna was a bit confused. She'd follow his eyes look straight up into the sky as well. There was nothing there. The sun was shining bright, the clouds were minimal, the sky was pure blue. It seemed like it was the perfect day.

Elsewhere, underground... The tunnel was still being built. The soldiers working on it had been doing so since early this morning. "Not much further now boys. We're almost there!" P-39 the captain had spoke. "The faster we finish the more time we have to rest until the others get here!" He'd give the crew a little more incentive. And to that the crew would respond, "Aye Aye!" However they would use their rest time is up to them. As the workers were diggin with the machine two would be having a conversation. "Hey man." "Hmm what is it?" "So today is that whole fight festival right?" "Yeah what about it?" "Well... it's just... most of the citizens will be there right?" "I dunno, but there's definitely gonna be a lot. What's your point?" "I'm just excited to see their faces when they see this surprise we have planned for them. If possible I wish we could show the entire city." He'd have a smile on his face from excitement. "Ehh, don't worry too much about it. Whoevers there will get to see." The other soldier would end the conversation there, reassuring things will go as planned.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu May 16, 2019 2:09 am
Adofo had began walking around in a circular path. The entire time he kept his eyes on Nir. The club had been attached to a hook hanging from his waist belt, and the sword sheathed in the holster on his right hand side. This had left Adofo with the spear, Ojol. Nir stood there, the shield at his side and sword in his hand. He seemed quite relaxed and unbothered. ”So they begin with a staredown! It looks like Adofo’s sizing up Nir! I wonder what’s going to happen!” Said Kira as she watched.

Suddenly, Adofo had made a move! He quickly darted forth, reaching Nir fairly quickly. The warrior was prepared to swing down with the spear until he noticed Nir quickly take a stance to slash at his exposed side. This prompted Adofo to quickly stop and jump a few meters back. “........What..?” Nir’s calm expression was maintained as he slowly returned to his initial stance. ”Would have had you there.” Adofo, underneath his mask, has smirked. “You’re pretty fast Galatian. If I would have carried on with that attack, I would have taken a bad blow.” Adofo said. He’d slide his foot across the ground and spin his spear, taking off again. ”Adofo seems like he’s going to go in for another attack!!!”

He’d take off once again, this time jumping into the air and sending the spear down at Nir with a thrust. The Galatian would quickly set the shield out in front of him, blocking the attack. With the sword he made a slash at the spear, knocking it to the side to open up Adofo. “Tch!” Nir’d follow with a shield bash, but would hit Adofo’s sword, which he’d draw pretty quickly. The force would send him backwards, where he’d land eight feet away. “You’re quite profficient in close quarter combat.” Said Adofo, complimenting the captain. Nir’d smile, raising the shield in front of him and resting the sword atop for a battle stance. ”Likewise my friend.” The crowd would cheer on, pleased with that display! ”Those reflexes are no joke! What do you think Van?” Van sat there, arms folded. He appeared to be invested in this match. Too invested to even answer.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Thu May 16, 2019 10:56 am
Benkei would stand there as his excitement would over take him"this seems like a battle for the ages!" Benkei would look as the warriors we're presented with both there weapons but with a slight nerf to their abilities. Benkei look interested " so we can use our weapons but with surpressed abilities" a guard with ask for his weapons before his match " um sure thing " Benkei would hand over his staff and another weapon but covered in a clothe . Benkei would tell them "keep that a secret till the match please". The guard would nod and then nir's match would begin " wow that impact of their weapons but their swift movements are amazing no one is letting up! This is truly a spectacular bout!". Benkei could feel blow after blow sending shocks throughout his body
virgil
virgil
Admin

Thu May 16, 2019 12:07 pm
With the first battle on the way, the two combatants had seemed to be somewhat enjoying themselves. Neither of the two had shown a sign of falter before the other. Down below in the barracks a large crystal was used to view the outside battle. The warriors down below would watch as they would study their potential opponent. Although they had not moved from their initial position, Shinji and Virgil had been watching the fight. Shinji would cross his arms in front of him now, while leaning his head back against the wall. Virgil would remain in his position tilting his head so that he could see the crystal.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu May 16, 2019 2:15 pm
This time, Nir had decided to go on the offensive, quickly moving to the side before dashing straight at Adofo. He moved very swiftly, throwing Adofo off. “How’s he moving like that with that shield and sword???” The warrior questioned. The Galatian Sword would arrive from Adofo’s right, slashing with his sword. It’d be parried by Adofo’s own sword, followed by a spear thrust with the other hand. “Haaaah!!” The warrior had cried out as he clashed against Nir’s shield.

To Adofo’s surprise, however, the spear was being held when he tried to pull back. “What’s this!?” He questioned, looking down at his spear. The tip had been caught in the jaws of the lion mouth! ”Got you!” Nir quickly delivered a leg sweep kick, knocking Adofo off his feet. As he dropped to the ground, Nir switched his footing, kicking Adofo on the side and sending him back. The crowd had cheered for Nir, who seemed to be gaining the upperhand. ”Look at that movement!!! This is The Galatian Sword!!”

Adofo landed several feet away, rolling across the ground before getting onto his feet. His spear was still held by Lionheart, where it’d release the hold, dropping the weapon to the ground. Fortunately for Adofo, his sword was still in hand. “....I see.....It appears that I have truly found myself a challenge!” Misra began leaking out of Adofo’s body, channeling into his sword and his club. He’d grab onto it with his free hand, unhooking it. “I will have to fight better!” Nir’d remain at his location, slowly getting into the same battle stance as before.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu May 16, 2019 7:57 pm
And so Adofo took off, this time running in a zig-zag motion. Nir’s eyes followed him well. He wasn’t going to throw him off so easily. When Adofo was in range, he’d launch his next series of attacks. This time, they carried much more power. His sword met Nir’s, causing a small shockwave from the clash. The vibration was felt throughout the platform. With the other hand, Adofo pounded down with the club. But again, Nir’s defense was too difficult to get past. “That shield is saving you!!” It was now a struggle to overpower the other. Adofo had been pushing down with his weapons, and Nir had been pushing up against him.

”That’s why I love my shield!” Nir said. The two of them would push against each other, seperating themselves before running towards esch other. Adofo unleashed a barrage of slashes, each being parried by Nir. “Agggggh!!!!!!” The frustration was beginning to affect Adofo, causing him to wildly swing the sword, continuing his press. Nir was being backed towards the edge of the platform! ”Adofo’s pushing Nir towards the edge!!!!! Will he be able to eliminate him!?” The crowd grew louder. Some were on the edge of their seats. ”Adofo’s attacking irrationally. It may be his downfall.”
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu May 16, 2019 8:06 pm
It appeared as if Nir was heading right off the edge. A majority of the audience grew quiet, anxious to see the outcome of this engage. “Oh no!!! Nir!!!!” Cried out a spectator. Kane continued to watch the battle, interested in seeing how Nir was going to get out of this. ”Adofo’s recklessness may affect his chances of winning, but it does seem like Nir’s not in a good position.”

Right before Nir was pushed off, he managed to squat down and jump off of the ground! He sent himself right over Adofo, where he’d turn in mid-air. Once he landed behind Adofo, he’d send a roundhouse kick right at Adofo, hitting him hard. The force had sent Adofo right over the ledge! ”Wow!!!!!! Nir’s just too good! Did you all see that!?” The crowd had cheered on, clearly favoring Nir! Adofo had rolled off of the platform, but would regain his balance. He’d hold onto the handle tightly, pulling himself back up. “How are you doing this to me?”

”Adofo seems to be frustrated!!! Has Nir gotten to him!?” Kira was leaning over the railing, waiting to see what would happen next. ”Regain your composure. Had this been the preliminary, you would have been out.”

Last edited by Vanitas on Fri May 17, 2019 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Thu May 16, 2019 8:47 pm
Benkei watched from the crystal as nir and adofo continued to go blow for blow with one another. Benkei was impressed on how nir was guarding and anticipating adofo's attacks and movement's. As the the battle continued he would turn to Virgil and shinji "this battle is not what it seems nir is just having fun and adofo is a fool, he letting emotions cloud his judgements and attacking like a animal out of anger". He pointed at nir "he is letting him be because he wants to test his limits, even you two can clearly see this match has been over the minute it started but knowing you both your not really interested in the fight but the man himself nir and his technique". Benkei knew they already knew the winner of the fight but wanted to see how nir fought
virgil
virgil
Admin

Fri May 17, 2019 7:47 am
Benkei had walked over to both Virgil and Shinji. He had seemed a bit frustrated in the fight between Nir and Adofo. He'd talk about how Adofo would lose the match for letting his emotions get in the way. Virgil would turn his head to Benkei. "Ehh it's alright. I mean The guy he's facing isn't exactly a push over so they say but that does speak a bit about the Galatian Captain's strength right?" Virgil would respond, returning his eyes to the crystal. "All these strong fighters here in Galatia is exciting." Virgil had finished speaking. "Honestly, It doesn't matter the person or the technique." Shinji had started talking. "Those that stand in our path is just an obstacle to take down. For our goal we-" "Shinji." Virgil would cut Shinji off. It would appear the blonde haired boy was talking too much. That was the face Virgil was giving him as they looked at each other. "We'll beat anyone and become the strongest."
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Fri May 17, 2019 1:02 pm
”Wait a minute! What in the heck is going on here!? Adofo should be out!” Kane began scratching his head, clearly unaware of the new rules for the tournament. Some of the spectators beside him would turn to him, giggling. The man behind him leaned forward and tapped him on his back, “There aren’t any ring-outs this time.” Kane’d burst out in laughter. ”I guess I wasn’t paying attention! Silly me!” Van sat there shaking his head. Sometimes he wondered how he came to be with such a fool. ”Embarrassing.”

Below, Adofo had grown highly frustrated. His pride had been tested, and it was beginning to make his blood boil. A mighty warrior like himself, being bested by Nir, who appeared to show no effort. “......Do not get cocky with me Galatian Sword....” The once calm and collected Adofo, had shown a side to him that few have ever seen. He’d charge again, “I am the Hero of Bakano! I must defeat you here!!!” Nir waited again, continuing to remain on the defensive. Once Adofo was in range, the young man would quickly rush forward as well.

”Wow! They’re rushing each other!!!!” Nir’d suddenly toss his shield straight at Adofo! ”Wait what!? Nir’s getting rid of the shield!?” Adofo was agile enought to duck, avoiding the shield and letting it pass over. He’d continue on his path, swinging his club at Nir. But like last time, The Galatian Sword had somersaulted right over Adofo, landing on his feet right behind him. With his free hand he’d make a gesture towards himself with his index and middle finger. “You’re not getting me with that same technique!!!!!” Adofo had been turning halfway, already sending his towards Nir’s back. It would have been the perfect counter! But once Adofo completed the turn, Nir’s shield had crashed right into his face, shattering the mask and sending Adofo on his back! Nir was in a ducked position the entire time, smirking. The crowd had cheered much louder than before after the move. ”What in the world!? Did that shield move by itself!?!?” The shield suddenly returned to Nir’s hand, powered by some magical force. He’d quickly turn around and point his blade at Adofo, who was on the ground bleeding from his nose. “.......I.....I forfeit...” The warrior had closed his eyes in shame, aware that some of the people in his village counted on him. That they were watching him. Nir’d sheathe his weapon, offering his hand to Adofo. ”Adofo, you fought well. However, you were beginning to lose control in your anger. You lost the sense that you had walked into the arena with. There will be times where you’ll come across stronger fighters. In times like that, your rationality may decide your fate.” Adofo opened his eyes, looking up at Nir. The sun had been behind the young man, shining down on them both. But from Adofo’s angle, it looked like Nir was someone very special.

He’d take his hand, being helped up. The crowd would continue cheering. ”Wooooow!!!! What a match!!!!! The Galatian Sword has proved that he truly is a force!!!” Kira sat back into her seat, ”The next battle will be Alexander Vs Jobo!!! May the contestants that just participated walk off to your right please!” To the right, near the walls, was an entryway to the new victor’s chamber. There was also a path to the observatory for the losers of the matches. Both Nir and Adofo would walk off, met by cheers. Above, The Oracle smiled, ecstatic with the outcome of the match. “He did very well Your Grace.” King Palidos would comment, directing it to The Oracle. The Queen also smiled, nodding, “I agree. That’s a dedicated man.” Queen Elsa added.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Fri May 17, 2019 6:29 pm
As the battles continued benkei watched as adofo's movements were very sluggish and predictable due to his anger "he will not win like that if he keeps it up". As the battle seem to be reaching it's climax nir had thrown his shield as a distraction but all was not as it seem. As benkei watched the fight he saw what seemed like the impossible, nir had flipped over adofo as a fake out and the shield bounced back hitting the man in the face knocking him down then returning to not as he drew his blade towards him" what trickery is this! It is as if the shield had a mind of its own !". He would look at shinji and Virgil " He can read a situation out pretty fast and react on contact now that is a man worth fighting!"
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sat May 18, 2019 1:09 pm
”With our very own, Galatian Sword, progressing to the next round, that leaves us with the next match!” Kira smirked, facing the people all around her. She’d raise her arm, ”Up next, we’ll be seeing a man who has constantly been the source of no good in Galatia! The city’s crime world is firmly in his clutches! This is Jobo, The Underworld King!!!!!” There was a mixture of both cheers and boos from the crowd. Below, Jobo grinned as he looked upwards. “That’s right! I am The Underworld King!” Alexander had been staring at Jobo. He wore a face of worriment. “......”

King Palidos had took this time to lean in towards his queen, “This Jobo, is he really behind the crimes of our kingdom?” Elsa’d shake her head, “I believe that’s just his self proclaimed title my dear.” Palidos revert his attention back to Kira below, rubbing his beard. ”Hoping to defy Jobo, we’ve got ourselves a man who has ventured into a new world! With no experience in battles, and a man of the field, I bring you the son of the great Podrick, Galatia’s very own war hero, Alexander!!!!!” The crowd her cheered, but they weren’t giving the same amount of energy as previous. ”Having said that! My I have the two fighters please come forth! The Five Kings await you!!!!” Kira said, with the crowd also following her. “Man, that guy’s going to get demolished! I know him, and he ain’t no fighter!” Said one spectator. Nir had watched from the victor’s chamber. He’d stand there with his arms crossed. ”C’mon Alexander. I believe in you.” He’d mutter to himself.

Back in the barracks, the two fighters would be given access to the platform by the same entryway, which had opened up. Before walking up, Alexander would turn to Benkei. “Hey, before I go, I really thank you for everything Benkei! Wish me luck out there!” He’d smile, walking up the ramp with Jobo. The two of them would be greeted with cheers. “Beat that bastard Jobo! I believe in you Alexander!!!” Cried out one spectator. “You can do it buddy!!!” Said another. “You should have never entered! You just signed your death warrant!” Yelled another. All of these comments were causing Alexander to grow very anxious. He was visibly shaking as he walked towards Kira.

Joining her was Tobias, with Jobo’s bangles and Alexander’s sword. They were floating like the weapons from the first match. “Do I need to explain this to you two?” Alexander’d shake his head. Jobo would hold out his arms, “No. Now slide them on for me old man. I’m ready for this!” The large man said, his eyes planted on Alexander.

Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sat May 18, 2019 1:09 pm
"That he can. He'll make for a good opponent." Virgil would switch legs, readjusting himself to get comfortable. At this time it was Alexander's turn to take the stage. He'd rush to the exit. "How long you think he's gonna last?" Shinji would ask Virgil. "Not long at all. But then again his opponent doesn't look all that tough." The two boys weren't interested in the match itself but rather how long Alexander can last.

The large tiger beastman Edge had been watching as he saw Nir advance to the next round. He stood at the top of the stands with soldiers of the Galatian Army. "Damn.. That wasn't even all that exciting." He'd sigh. "This'll be a boring tournament again." Edge continued to express how he felt about the tournament. The other soldiers were looking a bit agitated as they were unsure if how the beastman would react. "Umm sir.." One solider would speak up quietly. "Hmmmm." Edge had turned his head to look at the soldier. He was rather close and being this close to Edge in itself was intimidating for the soldier. "Well, the guy that Captain Oschvault had defeated is indeed a strong fighter. By by taking him down so handily, that's a great feat wouldn't you agree?" He had spoke with such nervousness in his voice. The beastman would turn back with his arms folded. "I suppose it's a decent feat." Edge didn't sound pleased.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sat May 18, 2019 1:41 pm

Tobias would motion for the weapons to hover over to their respective owners. The bangles had slid onto Jobo’s arms perfectly and Alexander’s sword would gently move into his hand. “With both warriors armed, you may now begin Kira.” Tobias said, as he would begin walking off the platform. Kira’d turn to Tobia, walking behind him. ”Alright, let’s do this! Who’s ready for this!?” The crowd had cheered loudly, reacting to Kira’s question. “I’m so ready to see this go down!!!!!!” Yelled a spectator behind Biggs.

Both Kira and Tobias walked off of the platform. The stage had been cleared for both of the fighters. Kira’d take her place in her booth, ”Okay!!!!!” Alexander had been shaking. Jobo, the entire time, stood there smirking. “I can smell the fear on you boy! I’ll make sure this is quick.” Kira’d raise her arm, ”Let’s get this thing started!!!!!!!” The horn had been blown, signaling the start of the match!!

”So, how long is this lasting?” Kane directed his question towards Van. The young man squinted his eye, ”It won’t even last five minutes.” His tone was very cold. At this rate, no one here had faith in Alexander! On the stage below, Jobo had began by stepping towards Alexander. This had caused Alexander to frantically take steps back, almost losing his balance in the process. “Oh man!!! This is just pathetic!” Jobo said, laughing. Alexander’d look around at the crowd, holding his sword out in front of him. “What the hell are you even doing here!? Oh yeah, that’s right! You had your little hero Nir back then! But you don’t have him now....” Jobo would begin walking towards Alexander, cracking his hands. “I don’t even have to use my bangles on you.” The closer Jobo got, the more Alexander froze up. He couldn’t move. He was just afraid and alone now. “Stay back!!! I’ll—“ Jobo had reached Alexander, prompting him to swing the sword. It’d be block by the bangle, with Jobo only using his left arm. With the right, he moved in and grabbed Alexander by the throat, tossing him to the side. “You’re so fucking weak man! This sucks!!!”

The young warrior’d collapse to the ground, dropping his sword and holding his neck. “Aggh!!!!!” In retaliation, he stood up, trying to punch Jobo. The hit would connect, landing on his chest. But it didn’t even phase him. “That’s all you got?” Alexander continued punching Jobo’s chest, but was then slapped across the face, being sent onto his back. Jobo’d follow him, grabbing Alexander and lifting the man up, punching him in the gut. “AAAAH!” The hit caused him to spit out, beginning to drool over Jobo’s arm. “Disgusting!” Jobo’d slam Alexander down on the ground, beginning to pummel him with punches.

At this point the crowd had grown awfully quiet. Some spectarors were still optimistic. “C’moooon Alexander!!!!!!! Get him!!!!” The crowd would join in, trying to help him gain a boost of morale.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Sat May 18, 2019 8:54 pm
Benkei watched as nir won his match and walked off the platform " as expected friend good on you!" Shinji and Virgil seemed to be pleased as well but only because they have a rival to look forward too. The next match was about to start and it would be Alexander vs jobo. Shinii and Virgil would comment on how long he would last but Benkei would comment "this is a good match for Alexander his oppnenet is not that powerful but strong enough to push the boy to his peak potential so give him a chance!". In that moment the match would begin and benkei could see how Alexander was scared " He needs to relax and keep his guard up now, jobo has the intention to break him!". Benkei watched in horror as he dropped his weapon and ran towards jobo to just punch him that had no effect " What is he doing! He is freaking out and lashing out like a scared child!". Moments pass and the horror continued as he was pummeled to a pulp and treated like a rag doll " no no this is wrong they need to stop the match he was not ready for this he might not die but he might not be able to ever raise a blade again!".
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun May 19, 2019 1:39 am
After the one spectator behind Biggs had spoken, Remi would speak her mind as well. "How did this guy even make it to the main tournament?" "Well... He was fortunate to have Nir at his side to help him." Biggs had responded with a serious look on his face. He too didn't like this match up. Anna had spoken up this time. "Is he not a good fighter?" She was referring to Alexander. "Well.. he hasn't shown that he is capable of surviving on his own." Remi had turned to her as she spoke. Anna looked at Remi confused. She didn't understand completely.

"I'm not too sure it is." Virgil responded to Benkei's comment about this being a good match up for Alexander. Benkei had been watching in anger, stating that they should end the match before Alexander was seriously hurt. "Yo bro chill out." Shinji spoke trying to calm the angered Benkei. "The moment he stepped onto that arena, he knew what could happen. He knew and still went on." He would continue. Shinji would cross his arms in front of him now. "He's no damsel, he's a warrior now."[/color]

Last edited by virgil on Sun May 19, 2019 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun May 19, 2019 2:02 am
Jobo’s fists were bloodied. He’d stand up, walking away from Alexander. “Pathetic. I can’t believe I got stuck facing this guy.” The crowd remained silent. Both Elsa and The Oracle were horrified above. They couldn’t believe what had just happened. Kira stood from her seat, staring at Alexander as he was lying there. ”I guess that’s i—“ Before she could even finish, Alexander moved. Slowly, but surely, he stood up. His legs were beginning to shake. “I’m—I’m not done yet!” Jobo had was shocked! He couldn’t believe that Alexander was able to stand. One could see the disbelief in his face. “No way!!! You’re still conscious!?”

Alexander slowly walked to Jobo, picking up his speed. He’d send a punch at Jobo’s face, which was easily caught. “This time I’ll put you down for sure!” He’d say, sending a knee at Alexander’s gut. It’d connect, causing Alexander to spit out blood. With Jobo in front of him, the blood had landed on his pants, disgusting him. “What the hell!!!! My pants!!!” Alexander grabbed onto Jobo as he dropped to his knee, trying to keep himself up. “I—I won’t....I won’t give up!” Said Alexander. He’d start to pound on Jobo’s leg, hammering down with his fist. Everyone in the crowd remained silent, unable to believe how bad this was turning out to be. “Stop the fight!!!!” Someone had called out.

They’d begin yelling at the officials to stop the fight. Kira’d look to the main official, awaiting a command, but nothing was given. “Get the hell off of me!” Said Jobo. He’d punch Alexander off of his pants, turning around to face the crowd once more. “What!? You’ve never seen a man get beat before!? You’re all soft!! Haha!” Behind him, Alexander remained on the ground bleeding from his mouth and nose. His right eye was beginning to close up from the swelling. “Y-You’re.....You’re not going to..beat me that easy....” Alexander mumbled to himself as he slowly stood up again.

”I don’t know about you guys, but this is hard to watch!!!” Said Kira. In the victor’s chamber, Nir had continued to watch. He was beginning to shake in anger. How could he have been so foolish to put Alexander in this position.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun May 19, 2019 2:15 am
The crowd had begun booing Jobo. Some had even tossed things at him. But this was all satisfying for the man. He was already a criminal, The Underworld King. People already disliked him. “Yes! Despise me! Loathe me! I am The Underworld King!!!! I am this kingdom’s reckoning! Haha!” Slowly, behind Jobo, Alexander had been making his way behind him. He managed to pick up his sword without Jobo hearing him. It was mainly because the crowd’s booing had muffled the sound of the blade being picked up.

Some of the spectators would begin cheering, which slowly became most of the people in the arena. “Huh!? What the hell? Why are you people cheering now?” Asked Jobo as he continued to give Alexander his back. When Alexander was close enough, he’d send a slash right across Jobo’s face, hitting him against the left cheek! The hit had sent Jobo down onto the ground, where he’d land face first! ”WOW!!!! Alexander managed to land a hit on Jobo!!!! What incredible stealth!!!!” The crowd had erupted! ”Whoah!!!! Now that was deserved! You go Alexander!!!!!” Kane rose from his seat, applauding. In the victor’s chamber, Nir jumped in excitement. ”Yes!!!!!”

The sight of the crowd cheering had put a smile on Alexander’s face. He panted deeply, resting the tip of the sword on the ground. “...Heh....” Alexander would slowly raise his arm, closing his eyes. But the cheers quickly turned into gasps as Jobo stood up furiously. “I’M GOING TO FUCKING BEAT YOU!!!” Alexander quickly opened his eyes and picked his sword up. But it was far too late. Jobo had quickly punched Alexander in the stomach, causing him to drop the sword. He then followed up with an elbow to the side of the head, where he’d tip over. ”Oh no!!!!!” As he tipped, Jobo grabbed a hold of his ankle, tossing him to the ground. “I’m going to make you pay for that!!! That and the door from earlier!!!!” The larger man would mount Alexander once more and begin punching him constantly.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun May 19, 2019 2:29 am
“You son of a bitch!” Jobo’d slow down, beginning to fatigue himself. He’d stand up and would stumble back, feeling the side of his face. “That shit really hurt!” Alexander’s face was swollen, and bloodied. He remained on the ground, unable to move. It was horrible. Kira once again turned to the official, ”Can I stop the match!? He’s been beaten to a bloody pulp!” She’d ask the official. He’d turn towards her, shaking his head. “Only if he’s unconscious!”

The crowd was once again silenced by Jobo’s actions. Even Queen Elsa above could no longer watch this. She had planted her face into her husband’s chest. “I cannot. That poor boy.” But despite it all, Alexander had moved once more! “....I........I said....I’m not....letting you.....win...that easy....” He slowly stood up again, facing Jobo. Blood was dripping from his eye and his nose. Again, Jobo stood in disbelief. “There’s no way!!! There’s just no way!!! Why do you keep getting up!?” He’s ask, frustrated with the fact that he could not put such a weak opponent down.

Alexander stood there, his upper body bent forward. “I can’t...I can’t give up here....I won’t look like a failure. I am not a failure!!!” The young man looked up at Jobo! He had a look of determination behind the swelling and blood. “I’m tired of this shit!!!!” Jobo had yelled out, running over to Alexander. The young man would throw a punch, which would easily be dodged by a ducking Jobo. He’d counter with an uppercut, hitting Alexander right below the chin with a clean hit. It’d stagger Alexander, but he wouldn’t fall! He would throw another punch. But that too would be dodged! Jobo would counter again by catching his arm. “Sorry kid!!! But you’re done!!!” As he held his arm, Jobo would use the other to send a thrust towards Alexander’s elbow from below. The force would snap his arm, breaking it! There’d be numerous gasps from the audience. ”Shit man!!!!” Cried out Kane as he covered his mouth. “AHHHHHH!!!!!!” Alexander cried out in pain, holding his arm. Jobo would not stop there! He’d punch Alexander right in the face, sending him flying back and onto the ground. “NOW STAY DOWN!”
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum