TRACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
virgil
virgil
Admin

A darkness looms over Merriwreathe... - Page 16 Empty Re: A darkness looms over Merriwreathe...

Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:46 pm
Claudette as well as Randall have just shared their first experience holding the Grimoire. This was to ease the young man, reassuring that things were going to be ok. Claudette had also mentioned for Shinji to keep it wrapped. The cloth was in fact a seal, so that the Misra draining effects can’t reach whoever is holding it. Shinji would nod, “right... I’ll be more careful.”

Shinji had just started to make his way for the exit when the entirety of the house had shook from some kind of tremor. It was hard for them to keep their balance as books, papers, equipment and furniture had fallen to the ground. The two were startled while Shinji had already known. He had no time left. Claudette had asked what exactly what that tremor was. “We’re in the middle of a battle right now with some powerful demons and I need this Grimoire to end it.” They’d then agree Shinji would need to hurry and bring the book while Claudette and Randall would check on Ms. Riviera, Lloyd and Yuri. When Shinji heard Yuri’s name he had froze up a bit.

Before they could be in their way, Lloyd had rushed down the stairs. “You were all here!? Did you guys feel that tremor!?” Shinji had looked up onto the old man. “Ahh Shinji! You’re back. Have you seen little Yuri around? I think she may have left to go help you guys find Anna. I’m really worried about her and I just want to know she’s ok.” Shinji had been brought into one of the hardest decisions he would have to make. Either lie to Lloyd or tell him the truth. The young man was struggling in his mind about what to say. “She’s... I haven’t seen her. Sorry...” He’d turn his head away in sadness. Lloyd was a bit upset to hearing the news. “Please if you find her, make sure she’s safe for me.” Shinji’s eyes had widened. “Yeah, of course.” He would respond.

Last edited by virgil on Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

A darkness looms over Merriwreathe... - Page 16 Empty Re: A darkness looms over Merriwreathe...

Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:06 pm
Before the couple could even make it upstairs, Lloyd had met them midway. He asked Shinji about Yuri and how she was missing. “What!? Yuri’s not here!?” Claudette asked. “That’s not good!” Randall added in. If Shinji didn’t know where she was, then that meant they’d have to search for her. “Lloyd, I’ll go and try to find her!” Randall said, placing his hand on Lloyd’s shoulder. “Shinji, you go and get that book to the others! I’ll go and find Yuri!” Claudette had quivered her lip, leaning towards Randall. “Randall, please, please be careful out there....” She placed her hand on his chest, pressing her forehead in afterwards. “Please...”

Randall nodded, looking to Shinji. “And you guys please be careful. If Yuri somehow manages to make it to you all before I find her, keep her safe for Lloyd!” He’d then walk up the stairs, heading out to find Yuri. “Lloyd, I believe in Randall. He’ll find your little girl...” She said. “I’ll be with Ms. Riviera. If you need any company, you know where to find me...” She continued, heading up back to the room.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:47 pm
Shinji was unable to stop Randall. He had already known the fate of the young girl, so a search was pointless. Not long after Randall took his leave, he too would leave the house.

The large explosion caused by Virgil had started to clear up. The young demon would emerge, glancing over the area. He was looking at the carnage that he had created. The square had now been laid to waste as it became a barren field. There were debris all over but surprisingly enough, some buildings were still intact. They were in ruins yet held strong.

A transparent wall of Misra had shattered, revealing Anna, Zid, the thief and Koji. She had protected them from the blast. “Is is everyone ok?” She’d ask. Koji would bark one time. “I can’t believe this...” the thief would look around to see the field. “You saved us...” He continued on, speechless. Not only Anna but, other soldiers around had erected barriers to protect the city. Altai and Callum were among those who had casted a large barrier.

Biggs had pushed a large piece of a stone wall off of himself. He would emerge with Remi right behind him. “Remi.. you good?” He’d ask. “Yeah” she replied. The two would also see the city now.

Fatiha had created her own barrier as well. It would shatter as she had been brought to her knees. There was a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach. The once beautiful city of Merriwreathe was now a wasteland. “Vice-Captain!” One soldier would come over to her. “This is unforgivable...” Fatiha would say. A look of anger had come upon her face. It would start to boil in the pit of her stomach. She’d clench her fist and punch the ground. Right after she’d stand up, looking to the soldier. “Look for any survivors!” She would shout in her rage.

Last edited by virgil on Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:01 pm
Zid had been panting, having watched Anna save them with a transparent barrier. It gleamed with radiance before shattering. “A-Anna....You did it....You really saved us....” He said, smiling. The boy had looked around, taking notice of the destruction, but resting his gaze on Ulthu. Virgil’s attack had completely decimated the entire Northern section of Merriwreathe. It looked like a wasteland, buildings laying in ruin. At the center, Ulthu had emerged, his upper arms had been blown off from the explosion, leaving him with his two lower arms. “Cu-Curse you....” He said, grimacing as he struggled to stand. “This entire village would have been destroyed had I not absorbed part of the energy....” He said. “...But even that power was too great for me to handle.” Ulthu’s eyes had moved to Anna. “Had she not been here, I would have saved myself, but I need her alive....” The eyes slowly moved to Biggs and Remi. “...The others, however, can go...” Ulthu thought to himself, reaching out towards Biggs and Remi. “If I can’t take you out, I shall take your friends!!!”

In his defeat, he had changed his target to Virgil’s friends. His arm had quickly grown out, with a sharpened claw swiftly moving towards Remi. “I’ll start with her!!!!” It moved quickly by Biggs, aimed for Remi’s chest. Anna and the thief’s clothes had quickly rustled, with a breeze pasing through afterwards. Before the claw could even reach Remi, it had stopped, the sharpened tip gently pressing against Remi’s chest. In front of her was Zid, who had moved in front of her. The boy had been holding Ulthu’s finger, keeping it from moving any further. “YOU FOOLISH BOY!!!!!” Ulthu had yelled out.

Zid had coughed out blood, keeping his smile as he slightly turned his head to Remi. “I guess you....don’t have to.....strike me down after all....” With his his last bit of strength, he had ripped off Ulthu’s finger, stumbling to the floor. His panting was heavy and slow as he laid on his side, looking at Ulthu. “Levesque...” The boy said softly. “What have you done Zid!?!?” Ulthu yelled, pulling his arm back as his eyes had widened.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:30 pm
Zid as well as the thief had thanked Anna for her help. Like many others, she was speechless. Koji had taken to her side attempting to comfort her. Remi and Biggs had reached them, seeing that they were alright. "Glad to see you guys are ok! Anna..." Even Biggs could see how Anna wasn't herself. "Hey Anna!" He'd rush over to her to try and get her to respond. Taking to his knees and grabbing her hands gently, Biggs was now eye level with her. She had such a look of lifelessness. Remi too would be around her unbeknownst of the sneak attack that would befall her.

In moments, the sound of the ground breaking had caught their attention. Remi had turned to face Ulthu's claw coming straight for her. This sneak attack had been timed perfectly in order to land a direct blow. The young woman had no time to react and would be pierced straight through the chest. Or so this would have happened if not been for Zid's act of selflessness. Blood had splattered over Remi's face as the claw had stopped just inches away from her. Her eyes had widened, along without everyone else in the area. As the arm was extracted from Zid's body, the boy fell to the ground. Anna would finally snap out of her lifelessness in sight of Zid. "NOOOOOO!!!" The little girl would scream trying to rush to the boy. Biggs had held her back. Even if her healing was top notch, an attack like this was beyond saving.

Remi had rushed over to the boy, dropping down beside him. She'd lift his head up and hold the boy. He had coughed telling Remi she no longer had to strike him down for betrayal. Zid knew his time was coming to an end. "Wh- why...?" Remi would say. She had even showed signs of remorse for the boy whom she did not trust. Overtime, she would realize the boy's true nature and would learn to believe in him like the others.

Virgil had been staring down Fatiha, who had appeared before him. His head was on a tilt. It was almost like he was confused as to why she would appear before him. "You..." She would start off, then taking a deep breath. "I can't believe you would do such a thing to my city..." Virgil would start walking towards her. "I don't care your relationship with Ms. Riviera or even The Prophet himself..." The young demon would be getting closer while Fatiha had picked up her shield and unsheathed her sword. "I'll kill you myself!" Her rage was worn on her face. Virgil was now her new target.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:54 pm
Zid had been on his side, his head in Remi’s arms. Blood had been flowing from the boy’s body, pooling beneath him. He was growing pale from the blood loss. As his eyes slowly begun closing, he looked to Remi. “It’s.....It’s because your Anna’s friend....I didn’t want her....to lose you...” The boy had thought back to the days in his village, where he had his own group of friends. A small circle of young children, who had sat with him outside in the yard of his own home. One by one, they’d begin fading away, lost to the famine and the blizzard that hit their village. Zid had been left alone, left to die with his parents, who had given themselves to protect their child from the cold.

The boy had cracked a smile, beginning to tear up. “I—I.....I just wish I could have been with you all....Especially Anna.....” His lips quivered as he couldn’t help but cry. “....I wish I....I could have grown older with her.....” Zid closed his eyes, opening them again and looking to the sky. “Maybe....we’ll meet again....for now...for now....” His hand slowly reached up, “..For now I’ll wait with mom and dad......” Above Zid, he could see his mother and father, reaching out to him, calling him up to them again. The boy’s hand slowly dropped, as his life escaped his body, succumbing to the fatal blow.

Ulthu had taken a few steps back, slamming his fist onto the ground. “Zid....You little...” He said, turning to the group. “You will all pay for this!! I’ve had enough!!!!!!!” Both arms had been lodged into the ground, setting a foundation for Ulthu as energy gathered at his third eye. “I’ll wipe you all clean off the face of this world!!!!!! Sending you to damnation!!!!!” What was Ulthu planning to unleash!?
virgil
virgil
Admin

Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:13 am
Remi and the others had listened to Zid’s final words. “No! Don’t talk like that! We’ll get you patched up! You’re gonna be fine! You’re gonna be-“ Her words would come out fast without pause. Zid would continue his final words. He knew that he wouldn’t last long with such a wound. The boy would pass on with a smile while Anna had tears in her eyes. The thief and even Biggs were remorseful. As for Remi, she held the boy tightly. Tears would fall from her roses cheeks. “Idiot...”

Fatiha had leapt at Virgil, slashing down on him. This was easily avoided with a simple side step. The top of her blade would stick the ground. Following up, the sword would slide from the ground creating a gash. It was a horizon slash she had attempted. Virgil had thwarted her efforts a simple back hand aimed for her face! Fatiha had just enough time to react and defend with her shield. Regardless she was knocked back several feet. Her anger had not faltered as she rushed in for another attack.

This time the young demon would put out his right arm. A great force would begin to fall upon the Vice-Captain. “What is this!!” She was caught by surprise being brought down to a knee. There was a great struggle just to keep herself up. Virgil had begun his approach to finish her off. “It can’t... it can’t end like this!” The young demon had suddenly stopped when he felt a surge of Misra coming from Ulthu. He’d turn to The demon lord now. Fatiha at this point was no longer under his pressure. With a menacing grin, Virgil had leapt toward Ulthu landing in front of him.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:23 am
The rage within Ulthu had flared up! As he gathered energy, he could see Virgil’s grin. “You’re grinning!? I’ll wipe that smile right off your damn face!!!” Ulthu thought as his vessels were pushed to the surface of his eyes. The energy continued to gather at his third eye, crackling with black and purple energy. “I shall end you here and now!!!!” Ulthu yelled out. “SIN!!!!!” He added. From the third eye, a massive beam of dark energy had fired out! It’s trajectory moved towards Virgil, burning the ground with its malice as it crossed towards him.

In the darkness and destruction of Merriwreathe, Randall had continued to search for Yuri. There were many villagers evacuating still, runnint towards the Southern gate. “Yuuuuri!!!!” He called out. “Have you seen a little girl??” He’d ask some of the fleeing villagers. But he received no reply. “Yuri, I pray that you’re okay....”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:35 am
Now that Ulthu has unleashed his most powerful attack yet, Virgil most respond accordingly. The young demon had much excitement for the strength Ulthu had displayed. Very similar to how Ulthu had summoned his "Sin," Virgil too had summoned forth a great power. The entire area would rumble as black and purple streams of Misra would strike the ground. He'd then go to open his mouth wide. The purple and black Misra would gather there. It grew in size no bigger than his head. Now, the attack would be released, clashing with Ulthu's Sin!

A bright flashin light had caught many people's attention. The winner of this clash would ultimately decide the fate of Merriwreathe. Shinji had just now arrived on the battlefield to watch the power struggle. "All this power..." He couldn't help but feel overwhelmed. Fatiha had appeared behind Shinji. The young man had felt her presence. He'd turn to face her with her sword already pointing at him. "What are you-" "Quiet!" Fatiha would yell at Shinji immediately. He'd hold still awaiting the Vice-Captain. "Your friend is a monster and must pay for his crimes!" "No! That's not-" "How can you possibly explain this!?" It was quite for a moment. Shinji had looked down. "It's true that Virgil has destroyed your city-" Fatiha would interrupt him with a scoff. "Destroyed my city? What about my people that he's killed?" She'd point her sword to the many dead bodies on the field. The young man would clinch his fist as he saw the countless lives lost in this battle. "I promise you that we can handle this, we just need some time and it'll all be over. That... thing over there, is not Virgil! I can't really explain everything right now but if we can bring Master Nos here then we'll be able to end this..." Shinji would plea staring into Fatiha's eyes. He wanted to show her sincerity as to regain her trust. She could only give a cold stare back. The Vice-Captain would slowly bring her sword down to her side. "Lucky for you, we don't really have a way of stopping them so this had better work." Now turning to a soldier nearby, "Go bring Callum and Altai here." "Yes ma'am!" The soldier would say taking his leave.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:31 pm
The two attacks were drawn to each other, clashing and setting off a terrible reaction. All present in the area would feel an immense surge of malice. Those who weren’t strong enough would begin to feel a negative energy fall upon them. The struggle between the two attacks shook the very earth beneath them, beginning to tear away at the ground below the two energies. “How!? How does he have Sin too!?” Ulthu thought to himself, looking at Virgil and beginning to focus on the arm. “….This power….It cannot possibly belong to HIM….” He thought again. “How could see hope to seize this power?” Ulthu’s thoughts had brought him to a time in the past. The demon lord had found himself recalling a distant memory. When he had taken over the monk Levesque, using him as a host.

This was a time before Ulthu had found any of his disciples. He had been residing in the temple the monk Levesque had occupied, defiling it with his presence. He had been visited by a mysterious figure, a woman who was well knowledgeable about his home realm of Oblivion. He had thought back to the time where she had offered him a task, understanding why the demon had fled to the Galean Realm. She had promised him a position in a new kingdom that would arise in the future. But in order for this promise to be delivered, he’d have to find the arm. The same arm that had plagued Virgil and the orphans of Ovale. Seeing the power that arm possessed, Ulthu was beginning to see that this promise was one of impossibility. He’d fangs had pressed down on one another, as he gritted his teeth in anger. “Why is this power so great!? Why am I not strong enough!?” His thoughts were the beginning of his demise as he stared at the arm. His view was eventually blocked off, as the energy clash had grown to a much larger size. Virgil’s power was beginning to overwhelm Ulthu’s, pushing it back.

During the overwhelming show of power, cracks had suddenly emerged around the clash. These cracks were black, with a purple energy emanating from them. They’d slowly begin opening up, with cries and moans beginning to be heard from them. The more they opened up, the louder the sounds had grown. There was suddenly embers emerging from the rifts, with multiple eyes piercing in the darkness of the gateway. The cries from within were horrifying, with many more eyes beginning to open from these rifts. The clashing Sin between Ulthu and Virgil, had generated Black Gates, spacial tears that lead to the hellish realm of Oblivion! The magnitude of their power was allowing demons a path to Galea!

“What is this?” Randall said, stopping his tracks as he watched more Black Gates generate around Merriwreathe. “This can’t be good…”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:33 pm
"I've brought them!" As the clash had continued, the soldier had returned with both Altai and Callum. Both Shinji and Fatiha would turn to the young children. "You two come here." The Vice-Captain would say. The two would step forward as Fatiha had signaled for Shinji to hand over the Grimoire. "Here." The boy would stare at the cloth covered book as she was handing it over to him. He was a bit hesitant but would ultimately take it. Shinji had watched this transaction intently.

Now that the Grimoire was in the hands of Callum, he'd begin to unravel it. "Wait! What are you-" Fatiha had placed her arm out, making Shinji quite down. He'd have a confused look on his face as he looked from her arm, to her face and then back to the young boy. Now that it was completely revealed, Callum had placed his bare hands on the embroidered book. Shinji hand seemed very nervous as to how he'd react to the book. Nothing had seemed to be happening with the boy... for now. Altai had started to move around Callum, drawing runes in a circle on the ground. Similarly, she'd draw a second circle of runes with a bridelike path connecting the two. "Bring the body here." Altai would call out to the soldier. He'd immediately grab one of his fallen comrades' dead body to the runes, placing it gently in the circle. Callum would have already taken his place inside the other.

Fatiha would look to Callum, "If it were up to me, I'd do this myself but... You are the only one. I know the risks but I have faith in you. More so Ms. Riviera has faith in you otherwise, would else would she make you her disciple." The boy had listened to Fatiha's words. It would seem this Grimoire truly has some negative affect on the user. "The fate of Merriwreathe rests on your shoulders now." The boy would begin to breathe heavily, feeling the weight of this task. For such a young child to be the key to this fight was far too much to be expected. He'd take one final deep breathe before opening the book. The pages were blank and only after he started to pour in his Misra, words from an unkown script had appeared. Callum would be the only one able to read these words. "Speech in a different language" Shinji couldn't believe his eyes as the Grimoire's warding effects had not bothered Callum not one bit. this could only mean that he had passed the trail to use it. Altai had begun to pour her Misra into the runes, as they would glow.

"What's going on?" Shinji would ask. "Callum is attempting to summon the Prophet here and now." Fatiha would respond. "No I get that but how is this kid able to use a Grimoire without the side effects??" "I'm pretty sure you're well aware as to why. You're friend has one as well does she not? She passed the trial of the Grimoire and just like her, Callum has passed the trail as well." Upon this reveal, Shinji had become quite surprised with the young boy. They would continue on as the clash between Ulthu and Virgil would continue.

The two dark energies had created Black Gates, that would tear open in the space around. Not many knew what this phenomenon was becoming anxious. "I've never seen this before!?" Biggs would say nervously. Remi had also felt the pressure many others had felt. "Whatever this is, it can't be good." She'd say still holding Zid's lifeless body. Overtime, Ulthu could feel Virgil overpowering him. The slight hesitation was all he needed to completely overpower the demon lord. With one more burst of energy, Virgil would propel his Sin forward! Upon succession it would completely push back Ulthu's Sin, enveloping him.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:47 pm
Virgil’s power had overwhelmed Ulthu, with his Sin pushing back and soon enveloping Ulthu in the energy. “What!? But how!? How could I....!?!?” Ulthu thought to himself as he was taken by Virgil’s sin. As he was overtaken by the intense dark energy, he could see a figure surrounding Virgil. It was an evil that even Ulthu could not comprehend. “...It can’t be...” Ulthu thought again. He’d eventually succumb to the power, beginning to be vaporized by the blast. “AGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!” He yelled out in agony, fading into nothingness as he was defeated by Virgil. The Black Gates had opened up wider, with creatures beginning to climb out. At this point, the dark veil surrounding Merriwreathe had been dispelled with Ulthu’s death. The slit on Zid’s forehead had also vanished. The boy, even in his lifeless form, was finally free of Ulthu’s influence.

Last edited by Vanitas on Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:29 pm
Finally after a long fought battle, Ulthu had been defeated by Virgil.  Remi had noticed the slit on Zid's forehead vanishing. She'd call out to Anna who would rush over to the boy. Koji, Biggs and the thief would all surround him. Anna would place her hand on Zid's that were folded over his chest. There was a moment of silence for the boy. The skies had begun to clear and brighter days would soon shine on Merriwreathe. Or so one would think. The Black Gates from earlier had not yet vanished. What's more, grotesque creatures had appeared from beyond the arc. Their arms had started to crawl it's way out more and more.

"This can't be..." Fatiha had watched as the demons had tried to force their way through the Black Gates. Some soldiers would even drop to their knees as they had given in to despair. "No..." Even Shinji had to admit to himself that this would mean the end for them. In their current state and with the large number of creatures showing through the gate s, it would be suicidal to fight them all. Virgil had looked over to the Black Gates. It would seem s though he had wanted to continue the fight. This demon form of his had thirsted for chaos and destruction. The young demon had assumed a stance, similar to a sprinter's except his hands never touched the floor. Instead he was upright with a slight forward lean.

"Everyone!!!" Shinji called out! All of the soldiers around including Fatiha had directed their attention to Shinji. The young man had taken notice of the Misra that spiked from Virgil. He knew that this demon version was not yet finished fighting. "We have to leave here now!!" The soldiers didn't understand right away until the ground beneath Virgil had begun to rumble. They had finally realized that there would be no survivors if they stay here. Each and every soldier within the area had turned away and sprinted, screaming at the top of their lounges. Virgil had a menacing grin on his face as he jetted towards the Black Gates.

It wasn't long after, the Black Gates had suddenly closed up, inches from Virgil approaching. This had confused the demon, stopping him in his tracks. He'd look around to find any remaining Black Gates but none were around. The retreating soldiers had also noticed Virgil no longer in his aggressive state. They were just as confused as him. Remi and the others had also been watching as Virgil made his move. "The Ggtes..." Remi said. They closed?" Biggs would continue. Anna had a look of shock on her face. The thief would notice. "Hey. what's wrong?" He asked. Biggs and Remi would look to the little girl. Anna had slowly pointed in the direction of where Shinji was. "It's... it's..." The little girl couldn't hold back her tears of joy. The rest of the group would look to where she had been pointing. This would immediately create a feeling of relief within the Ovale group.

Shinji at this point had been staring back at Virgil only to have a hand rest on his shoulder. This had caught him off guard. "You have done well to hold him off. Now let us handle the rest." This voice that spoke was much too familiar to Shinji. His eyes were widened greatly. He'd slowly turn to face the person behind him. An old man with white medium length hair, green eyes, a large white beard and pale skin was behind him. He had been wearing a long brown robe, with buckles across the arms and chest. A white undershirt with a neatly folded collar, white trousers and brown knee high boots with strings. He had also been hold and old wooden staff with a rounded top and some sort of blue gemstone in the middle of it. "Ma- Master Nos...?" Shinji would say in awe. "It has been quite some time Shinji." Nostradamus would say with a smile.

Last edited by virgil on Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:34 pm
Randall had been terrified, fearing that he’d lose his life to the creatures emerging from the gates. He’d step back, watching as the creatures had been pulled in. Shockingly, the gates had suddenly closed, disappearing completely. “What...What the...?” Randall said, looking up the sky as the dome of darkness had vanished. Finally, light had touched Merriwreathe once again.

Last edited by Vanitas on Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
virgil
virgil
Admin

Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:08 pm
To the shock of everyone around, the creatures attempting to escape from the Black Gates were no longer a concern. One would think that without the threat of Ulthu gone and also the Black gates, Merriwreathe can finally rest easy. That would be the case but the threat of Virgil in his demonic form had still posed a threat. The young demon had directed his attention towards Nostradamus. He'd appear annoyed at his interference. The demon that had taken over Virgil's body was seemingly acting off of impulse, up until now. Nostradamus had caught the demon's gaze. The old man would look to the beast without a shred of fear. He was prepared to fight!

"Oh no look!" Remi would point out! Virgil had been pacing towards Nostradamus and Shinji. The fight was not yet over. "He's going after Master Nos!" Remi would add. Biggs had been a bit agitated knowing full well they were unable to help. "Nos... Nos..." The thief had pondered. "Nostradamus..." He had then come to the realization of who this man was. "You mean to tell me that, that old guy is the Prophet Nostradamus!?" He was completely thrown off to find out the man of legend to be such a withered old man. "Watch what you say!" Remi would shout back in anger. "Remi it's fine... Even if he is old, Master Nos can overcome anything." Biggs and the others would watch as Virgil began to pick up some speed.

"Master Nos, he's coming!" Shinji would shout. Nostradamus would simply turn to the young man and smile. "It is quite alright." He'd respond with a look of confusion on Shinji's face. Virgil would let out a war cry before blitzing Nostradamus. The old man was still unphased even when face to face with a monster that almost completely leveled Merriwreathe. Now Virgil was about arm's length away from Nostradamus. The demon would take it's arm and would swing it at Nostradamus. Before the arm could make contact, Virgil was met with a hard shoulder press from his right side. The demon was thrown far, slamming into the debris. "Excellent  timing as always." Nostradmaus had been nonchalant about this entire moment. The one responsible for intercepting Virgil was a middle aged woman. "You already knew I'd make it in time." She would say, standing tall after her attack. The woman was six feet tall, had lightly tanned skin, a fairly muscular build with short black hair, dark brown eyes and was also wearing multiple gold studded and hoop earrings in both ears. She had been wearing a silver plated sleeveless lightweight breastplate with red cloth, revealing a bit of cleavage, a thick brown belt with multiple pockets, fitted black leggings and lastly brown boots that would reach no further past the middle of her calves.

"Mi- Miss Miranda!? You're here too?" This woman was clearly an acquaintance of Nostradmaus. Shinji had even shown to acknowledge her. "Wow! I can't believe how you've grown this much Shinji!" Miranda had seemed excited to see the young man. "It feels like ages since I've seen you and look at you now. You're taller than me now." The conversation had seemed warm and welcoming as she'd approach the two. "Well, you know... Sooner or later I'll surpass you." He would say with such confidence. Suddenly, Miranda would throw a punch to his stomach, causing him to hunch over holding it in pain. "What.. the hell you old grandma!!" He'd shout in anger. Miranda would simply grab Shinji from the collar and tossed him on his back, slamming him on top of the ground. "WHO TOLD YOUR ASS TO GROW SO MUCH!" "That's why you slammed me you crazy-" Miranda would the stomp on Shinji's face, silencing him. Nostradamus would sigh, face palming.

Fatiha and the remaining soldiers had been taking cover behind any rubble nearby. The Vice-Captain had watched both Miranda and Nostradmaus. "He's got some presence. I can feel his Misra all the way over here and he hasn't even made a move yet." One soldier had said. "You two did well in summoning the Prophet just in time." Fatiha would say to both Altai and Callum. The two were not sure how to react to the praise they had just received and would simply blush. "Oh it was nothing! Ms. Riviera trained us well." Callum would say with excitement. "With the runes Ms. Riviera taught me, Callum could use the Grimoire without having to worry about the side-effects. Although... I don't really like the idea but it is for a good reason..." Altai had added but felt some kind of remorse. "Hey don't be like that. Their the reason we can use the Grimoire without a worry. Our people continue to fight alongside us."  Callum had tried to cheer her up but it didn't seem like it was working.

Virgil had finally emerged from the rubble, swinging in rage. "Took him long enough to get back up." Miranda would say. "He's starting to show less and less restraint. Soon enough the demon possessing him will take over." Nostradamus would add. "It really is you!" Now Biggs had appeared before the two. "Ahh Biggs! Look at you! You also got so big!" Miranda had also given Biggs a warm hello. "I listened to what you told me all those years ago. Eating all the healthy foods you told me to make everyone and even stretching and exercising." Biggs would then bow to Miranda. The older woman would give him a warm smile. Now raising his head, he'd give his attention to Nostradamus. "Master Nos-" Nostradamus had held his hand out stopping him from speaking more. "We can talk after we save our friend. But.. it is good to see you well." The old man would say.

The young demon would express much more rage. Everyone in the area had eyes on him now. Miranda had prepared herself to engage with Virgil. Something was off. Virgil would smirk at the group before shouting. His voice had reverberated throughout the entire area. Everyone who had heard this screech would cover their ears. This was the moment Virgil took the opportunity to turn away from them all and dash away! "NO!" Remi would shout as she'd watch Virgil leave Merriwreathe. There was a look of worry on everyone's faces. The demon who had went rampant in Merriwreathe was now on the loose.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:53 am
Some time had passed and the Ovale group had been at Randall's house. Anna had been tending to the wounded while Miranda and Nostradmus had been listening to what had transpired in Merriwreathe. "I see... Things have gotten pretty rough with Virgil..." Nostradamus had rubbed his beard thinking to himself. "It seems like it's getting harder for him to control." He'd add. "It was when Yuri was killed he changed. If anything, it was my fault for bringing her." Shinji would ball up his fist and slam it on the wall next to him. Remi would look to Shinji and could see the pain on his face. The others could also sympathize with him. "It's not your-" "THEN WHO'S IS IT!?" Biggs would start to say until Shinji shouted to cut him off. After a brief moment, Lloyd had just entered the room. "I heard you guys shouting, is everything ok?"

The Ovale group couldn't even look Lloyd in the face. They were unable to deliver the news about Yuri. "Hmm?" Lloyd would look around for his granddaughter. "I don't see her around... You guys couldn't find Yuri? The group once again gave him silence. That is, until Miranda spoke up. "Yuri... that was your granddaughter right?" "Miss Miranda!?" "Enough! He needs to know." Lloyd had looked up to Miranda, then to Remi, then back to Miranda. "Know what...?" He'd say slowly. "Your granddaughter is dead." She'd say with no sense of compassion. Lloyd looked as if his heart had dropped and shattered into a million pieces. "She was killed by the enemy before their eyes. From what I know it was quick and she didn't have to suffer." Miranda continued. Lloyd would begin to pant more and more as tears began to rain down his face. He'd grow weak at the knees, dropping on all fours. He couldn't control his thereafter crying. In his voice, you could feel the amount of pain his was in. Yuri was the last remaining family member he had and he had sacrificed everything to ensure she would live. Now that she is gone, his reason for living went with her.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:56 am
Claudette had been in the room with Ms. Riviera, tending to her. She had appeared more ill than earlier on, when the others were all present in the cottage. “There there Ms. Riviera...” She said, placing a cold compress on her forehead. “I’ll take care of you...” Claudette continued with a look of worry on her face. It appeared that the elderly woman had a fever. In her discomfort, she had been tossing and turning; she even reached to the ceiling mumbling some words to herself. “No—Nos...” She said, turning her head to the door. Claudette’s lips quivered as she patted Ms. Riviera’s forehead. “It’ll be okay Ms.Ri—“ She was moments away from breaking down until she heard a thud coming from the living room. This prompted Claudette to turn in the direction, standing from Ms. Riviera’s side. “What was that?” She asked, walking to the doorway and exiting the room.

The closer she got to the living room, the more audible the crying was. “What’s...” Claudette had turned the corner to see Lloyd on all fours, crying at the top of his lungs. Around him were the orphans of Ovale, joined by the Seer, Nostradamus and his apprentice, Miranda. When she gazed upon Master Nostradamus, she had froze. She knew of this man’s history, and how powerful he was. For him to be here meant that things were awfully serious. N-N-Nostradamus....Is this....” She had then averted her gaze back to Lloyd, watching him mourn. “What’s going...What’s going on??? Where’s Randall??? Where’s Yuri??”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:11 am
As the tears fir Yuri had continued, a confused Claudette had appeared within the room. She had asked the others what was going as well as Yuri and Randall's location. Miranda once again was the one to step up to the plate. Delivering the new no one else cuold bring themselves to do. "I have not seen this Randall person but Yuri..." Miranda had looked away from Claudette for a moment. "Yuri is no longer with us... She was killed by the demon." Again with no filter, Miranda just spoke without true compassion. Hearing about the death of Yuri once more, addeda much deeper sadness within the room. "The... body..." Lloyd would finally begin to speak as he cried. "Where is... her body...?" He'd ask. Miranda turned to the old man. Using her thumb to curl her arm and point towards the front door, Miranda told Lloyd where his granddaughter was without saying a word. Without a moment to waste, the old man would rush outside to see his little Yuri.

Lloyd had been outside where he's see a cloth wrapping just about the same size as Yuri on the ground. it was covered in dirt and blood. The old man had broken down, besides the cloth wrappings. Tears would continue to fall down his face. "I'm sorry Yuri. I couldn't protect you...."
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:12 pm
Claudette was speechless, unable to yet process what she had been told. She had covered her face, beginning to tear uncontrollably. “...Yuri...” She said, turning around and placing her hand on the wall. “She was so young...” Claudette had placed her forehead against the wall, beginning to cry as she was overwhelmed with emotion.

Outside, Randall had finally been returning to the small cottage. He couldn’t fathom the destruction Merriwreathe had sustained. As the cottage came into view, he could see Lloyd standing outside mourning. Beside him was a wrapping with dirt and blood. “What the? Lloyd!?” Randall said, his pace growing much faster. “Are you okay Lloyd!?” When he finally was close enough, he realized that the wrapping was a body. Randall had paused, his eyes widening. Everything was now piecing itself together. “No....This can’t be....” He said, turning to Lloyd. “...Is this....Is this Yuri?” He thought to himself.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:38 am
As Randall approached, trying to console Lloyd, he too saw that the wrappings was that of a small child’s. He’d assume the worst and was correct. It was Yuri. Lloyd would look up to the younger man with tears in his eyes. “My- my little Yuri......” The old man would sniffle each time he’d say a single word. It was and extremely terrible loss for him. Yuri was the last thing keeping this man alive. Now that she is gone, what faith would befall Lloyd now?

As the conversation outside had continued on, inside the house, Nostradamus and Miranda had been brought up to speed. “Ulthu you say? I have read about this demon Ulthu. It is a terrible creature rivaling that of many other demon lords.” Nostradamus had spoke. “Thankfully this was all he was capable of.” To the shock of everyone in the room, Nostradamus had seemed relieved that Ulthu was the demon lord that appeared before them. “Master Nos!? That demon killed so many innocent people and almost leveled all of Merriwreathe!?” Shinji had spoke out. This is what others wanted to say since they had went through the traumatic battle alongside him. “Oh! I’m sorry. That was a bit careless of me. I only meant it as Ulthu is the weakest of all the demon lords remaining.” If things could get worse, this comment by Nostradamus had just made it.

“He was the weakest?” Remi had said with chills running down her back. “From what we’ve learned, there are many demon lords existing in a place called Oblivion. That is the world where Virgil’s arm comes from. I don’t know yet who that arm belongs to but it’s safe to assume it is that of at least a demon lord.” Nostradamus had now finished. So much had been gathering through the minds of the Ovale group. With this new bit of information the mystery of Virgil’s demonic arm is starting to come together!

Last edited by virgil on Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:02 pm
Randall, when looking down at the wrapping and Lloyd, had remembered his own daughter. He had remembered the pain, the grief. He could see a reflection of himself in Lloyd. The only difference between them both, was that Randall and Claudette had gone through it together. They were able to rely on each other for comfort during their time of sorrow. Lloyd here, however, had no one. “I-I’m sorry Lloyd...” Randall said softly, slowly stepping towards Lloyd and offering an embrace. Consoling him was the best thing he could do for him. “I’m so sorry.....”

Inside, Claudette had listened in to everything that transpired in Merriwreathe. She had been sniffling, not yet able to get over the death of Yuri. “A demon lord? From...from Oblivion?” She asked. “I have read about Oblivion in my brief studies. If what you’re telling us is true Master Nostradamus, how was Ulthu able to cross into Galea? Aren’t they seperate realms? Is there no restriction to those vile beings!?” Claudette was afraid and it was evident. If Ulthu truly was the weakest, were there possibly much stronger demon lords roaming about?
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:27 pm
Claudette had expressed her concerns for the realm of Oblivion. She was right to worry, seeing as Ulthu was able to do so much to a well equipped city like Merriwreathe. Had Virgil and the others not been there, Merriwreathe would've surely fallen. "You worry and that is natural. I'm sure you are familiar with the one known as General Leo Lionsworth of Galatia correct?" Nostradamus would await for Claudette's response to this question. "In all of Paliedes, the general is said to be unrivaled. This is true to an extent." Nostradamus would pause, making Shinji and the others even more alert to his statement. "Leo may be the strongest here but elsewhere there exist those even stronger than he. In the realm of Oblivion, there are beings called demon lords. Each one of them possess strength greater than Leo." Everyone aside from Miranda had a look of disbelief on their face. Shocked by such a thing, it was hard to believe there were others existing in this world stronger than Leo.

Nostradamus had not finished just yet. He would continue. "Not only that, there was a being that was said to rule all of Oblivion. It was capable of unifying the demon lords with it's unrivaled strength. That threat is no longer an issue because of the Five Kings who had sealed away the foul creature, thus the demon lords were now free to roam as they pleased. Throughout the years, demon lords have killed each other off in hopes of claiming the title of demon king. We are unsure of the remaining number of demon lords but it is undoubtfully clear of the ones we have researched, Ulthu is weakest." This would end Nostradamus' explanation of Oblivion and the demon lords. Shinji had a look of disbelief. "This is insane..." He would say. Biggs was silent as well as Remi and Anna.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:50 pm
Claudette had listened more and more. Eventually, Nostradamus had brought up Leo Lionheardht, the noble General of Galatia’s military. “The Golden Lion of Galatia? Yes master, I have heard of him. There are many tales of his greatness.” She was then told how there are many stronger foes than he in Oblivion. Powerful demons that rival the mighty General. Claudette could not believe it. She’d begin shaking, “Stronger than General Lionheardht!?” She looked down at the floor. Thoughts racing across her head. If there were much more powerful demons, and Ulthu was the weakest, then was there a possibility demons from Oblivion were invading Galea? “Master Nostradamus, what shall we do!? How will stop these creatures from setting foot here again!? What do we—“

Claudette was immediately stopped. “Claudette!!” A voice had yelled. The young woman had turned behind her, looking to the doorway. Standing there was Ms. Riviera, who was panting and sweating a bit. She struggled to keep a smile on her face as she looked to Nostradamus. “Nos, it’s been a long time my friend....” She said. Claudette had quickly tried to rush to her side, but was stopped with a hand gesture. “But Ms. Riviera, you are ill!” Claudette argued. “Don’t worry Claudette. I can manage for now...” The older woman answered. “How is she able to remember him?” Claudette thought to herself.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:19 pm
As Claudette expressed even more worries, Ms. Riviera had suddenly appeared. It was clear that she wasn't in good shape but made it to see her friend in Nostradamus. Claudette along with Anna, Biggs, Remi and Shinji had rushed to her side. They'd all stop as Ms. Riviera had motioned them too. "I am sorry my friend. I wish I had been able to come to your side much sooner..." Nostradamus had expressed his regretfulness for not being at Ms. Riviera's side.

"Young lady, you were saying how the demon lords could possibly invade Galea." Nostradamus would say. "Allow me to reassure you since discovering these demon lords, there have been reports of those strong enough to take some of them down. Aside from Ulthu which Virgil had killed, two other demon lords had been dealt with." This would somewhat ease the room. "Master Nos." Remi would grab his attention. "Do you know of the people who had killed the demon lords?" She would then question. "Ah yes! It would seem from our intel that there was a fellow that just so happens to be a rival in power to General Lionsworth. Far up in the North, the most powerful force in all of the Kingdom of Pronna, Bizon the Renegade." The room was silent as Nostradamus had continued on to name the second person to have killed a demon lord. "And well... this man is a rare case having claimed the lives of multiple demon lords. We don't have much intel on them except for a name and ranking. Fainh, leader of the Baselisk in Duran Kingdom."

Immediately, Shinji and the others had grown pale. The kingdom that they were going after has someone capable of defeating multiple demon lords, while they struggled with one. Even then, they had barely escaped due to Virgil's demonic take over. It would be a very discouraging thing to know that there were those who stood so much further in power. Shinji's anger had started to get the best if him as he had slammed his fist onto the table. The room would focus on his frustration. Remi as well as Biggs could understand his frustration as they knew they currently couldn't face these enemies.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:34 am
Ms. Riviera had slowly walked over to an empty chair in the room, seating herself. Claudette was at her side, taking precaution, as to not let her fall. “Ms. Riviera, how did you manage to get up from the bed?” She asked. “Do not concern yourself with that Claudette. Rather, concern yourself with the evil that freely roams the lands of Galea....” The older woman had closed her eyes. She leaned her head back, taking a deep breath. Ms. Riviera decided that it was best to move her focus to Shinji, who had shown his anger. “Child, you mustn’t let your anger get the best of you. If you truly wish to save your friend....” She opened her eyes. “You must grow stronger than the two Nostradamus mentioned.”

Claudette looked to Shinji and then back to Ms. Riviera. “But—But how do...” She appeared confused. Was this truly the same woman who was gravely ill? “Your friend hosts a powerful demon. In order to save him, you all will have to grow much stronger....” Ms. Riviera had slowly shifted her gaze to Nostradmus. “Now, my good friend, what will you do about Virgil?” The entire time, Claudette watched in confusion. She couldn’t believe how sharp Ms. Riviera was. Was this her doing?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum