TRACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

A darkness looms over Merriwreathe... - Page 15 Empty Re: A darkness looms over Merriwreathe...

Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:12 pm
Zid had peered over the rubble, catching sight of Anna, who had just arrived to support Virgil. “Anna!” He managed to yell out, grimmacing in pain afterwards. “...I’m glad you’re safe Anna..” Zid said to himself before rolling over onto his back. “I’m glad you’re okay..” The boy smiled, taking a deep breath and closing his eyes. “I just need a little rest...And then I’ll be there for you...”

Levesque’s body remained lifeless. Nothing was coming from him. Was this truly his demise? Or was something far worse to come?
virgil
virgil
Admin

A darkness looms over Merriwreathe... - Page 15 Empty Re: A darkness looms over Merriwreathe...

Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:34 am
The Vice-Captain had walked over to Virgil and the others. "Who are you people?" She'd ask, to which got the attention of them all. "Travelers..." Fatiha had looked to Virgil not really believing his simple answer. "We're just travelers..." He would add. It didn't sound very convincing but Fatiha didn't care much. Rather she cared about the strength's of these individuals. "Well, whatever you are I don't care. You seem to possess strength my men do not have. My city is under siege and I will do everything in my power to prevent it's fall. You will assist me in vanquishing that monstrosity." Fatiha was essentially demanding Virgil and the others to help defeat Landmars. "Sheesh. She's so demanding." Shinji had whispered to Biggs. "What was that!?" Fatiha had glanced over to them, striking fear in their eyes. "NOTHING!" They would both say simultaneously.

"I'd assume based on the course of events, you have some connection to these demons." Fatiha was no fool and was able to deduce the situation fairly well. "Well... you're not wrong in saying we have a connection to these guys. We've encountered them before and they've followed us to Merriwreathe." "Hmmm. For what reason have you come here?" "We've come to see Ms. Riviera." As Remi spoke up, this had caught Faitha's ears, hearing Ms. Riviera's name. "She has helped us in the past and was hoping she could help us again but unfortunately she is no longer able to do so." "You all know Ms. Riviera... Then it was good judgement to be able to trust you all to assist me. My father was able to take out their leader at the cost of his life. The only threat left is that one and with your help we can end this with no more casualties. Please fight with us and protect this place." Fatiha would bow her head, begging for the Ovale group's assistance. They'd each look to each other as if coming up with a decision. Biggs, Remi and Shinji would each give Virgil a nod. Anna would simple smile with Koji in her arms. Virgil would then look to Fatiha. "I'm not too keen on military ranking but, your father was the Captain. He sacrificed himself in order for us to live. That same sacrifice would put you, the Vice-Captain into the seat of Captain. And if the Captain of Merriwreathe's Defense Force requests assistance, there's no way we would could decline. Raise your head Captain and allow us to assist you in defending this place." Fatiha had raised her head to gaze upon the Ovale group. They each held a great smile that would surely assure Fatiha that things will come to an end.

"Have you all said your last goodbyes? I've been getting restless waiting." Landmars had said. He was sitting on the ground where he was thrown. One leg was bent upright with one arm resting on it. The other leg was also bent but on the ground with his other arm in his lap. Virgil and the others had turned to his direction. Now, Landmars would stand up. His height was as enormous as ever. With one of his tendrils it would slither to pick up his spear, placing it in his two hands. "What's the plan going to be?" Biggs would ask. "This guy is much faster and stronger than that girl so we'll need to hold him off for as long as we can. Anna. Heal Virgil so that he can fight alongside us. How long would you need to summon Ifrit?" Shinji had been coordinating the plan. "Ifrit?" Fatiha had questioned. "we don't really have that much time to explain it. How about it, Remi?" "Honestly, I'm not sure. When I used it last that took up most of my MIsra so it'll take some time for me to recover enough."

"If you aren't coming to me then... I'LL COME TO YOU!!!!" Landmars had grown impatient lunging at the group. The force behind his great speed and strength had caused the ground beneath him to crumble. "He's on the move!" "GOO!!!" Fatiha had called out. The group had noticed his advance and would quickly take action. Shinji, being the fastest in the group met Landmars halfway. The two would collide fists. The collision would not last long. Shinji had been overpowered flying in the direction Fatiha and Biggs had been running from. Faitha would take to the sky, slamming the pointed end of her sword onto Landmars. The creature was able to avoid it easily. Her attack had cratered the ground beneath them. Biggs had followed up with a flurry of punches. Each punch had been block by the tendrils. The group had been coordinating their attacks well but unfortunately, Landmars has been able to properly evade the attacks. As this went on, Remi had sat back with Anna, Virgil, Koji and the thief to recover her Misra.

The coordinated attacks would go on with neither side gaining any kind of advantage. Virgil and Anna had been sidelined for the time being. His injuries were almost fully healed. Anna could see how impatient he was to join the others. Soon enough they would not be able to last in this fight. He had noticed Landmars had been gradually gaining the advantage. Shinji had not been moving as fast as before. Biggs couldn't even get close to Landmars at some point. Fatiha too would notice this and had changed her offensive to defensive. She'd empower her shield with her Misra and would even take on the blows for the two young men. As she took on the powerful blows, Shinji and Biggs would launch a counterattack. However, each time had proved futile. Landmars would knock the boys away with his tendrils each time.

"Ok! All done." Anna had said. She had finally finished healing Virgil's injuries. The young man would move his arms around, testing out his mobility. he'd crack a smile, "Anna, you really are amazing. I feel even better than before." Virgil would then take a deep breathe. Without a moment to waste he rushed in, to assist his friends. Landmars had attacked once more, knocking Fatiha back a bit. Shinji and Biggs would go in for their usual counterattack but this time Landmars would not focus on them anymore. Instead he had continued to focus on Fatiha. He'd avoid the attacks from the boys and blitzed Fatiha. This had caught them all by surprise. "I won't allow you to do as you please."

The tendrils would gather, making one single pointed tendril. Being reinforced by the other tendrils, this tendril would be even stronger. With a quick thrust, the reinforced tendril would come straight for Fatiha. She'd attempt to block the attack. The tendril had collide with her shield only this time, it had pierced straight through! The tendril would continue on it's path, pierce Fatiha through her stomach. Every soldier watching had a look of disbelief. Even Shinji and Biggs had the same look. Virgil from the distance had saw the gruesome sight. His rage had slowly begun to take over his rationale. Dark purple Misra would leak from his body. He had moved at a much faster pace, taking to the sky. From his two fists, a dark cloud of Misra would form. Clapping  both hands together, a dark purple stream of Misra had blasted a path to Landmars. The creature would be unable to defend this due to his tendril still piercing Fatiha's body. Landmars had been pushed by the beam of Misra into rubble. At the end of his attack, Virgil would quickly take to Fatiha. She was lying on the ground in a pool of her own blood.

"Captain! Captain! MEDIC! I NEED A MEDIC!" Virgil would cry out. Most of the soldiers had still felt the fear and was unable to make a move right away. Actually, there was one that would make their move. It was Altai! She had rushed all the way to Fatiha's side. "Can you take care of her." Virgil would say. Altai was unable to say anything. She was too focused on the fatally wounded body of Fatiha. "Can you!?" This time Virgil would shout at her. She had awoken from her daze. "Ye- yes. I can handle this much." "Good." Virgil had looked over to see Landmars getting back up. The young man would join Shinji and Biggs as the three of them would now face off against Landmars.

The creature would grin maliciously watching the three approach. He'd ready himself. "I've got an idea." Virgil and Shinji would look to Biggs while moving forward. "Yeah. What we'll do is use our numbers to our advantage. Shinji and I would distract him long enough for me to hold him. Then you'll use your gravity to hold him in place. I'd assume just because of how insanely strong he is, it would take everything in your power just to hold him." "Uh huh." Virgil had made a face that appeared to be following along. "With me holding him, you'll be able to control him better. And that's when Shinji comes in with the finishing blow." Both of the boys would look at Biggs as if he's got six heads. Landmars had now been in their zone. He come crashing down. The boys would split in different directions, avoiding the hit. "Biggs!... Biggs! You can't be serious!?" Shinji would shout. "You could get caught up in it!" Landmars would swipe at Shinji. The young man would evade the tendril. "We don't have many options!" Now another swipe for Biggs. He too would avoid the swipe. "We can't hold him forever! And who knows when Remi will recover enough Misra! This is our best chance!" Virgil had been listening to Biggs plan. He was struggling with picking the right choice and knew that if he agrees to this plan, he may be killing one of his closest friends.

Landmars of course would now go for Virgil. He would jump up and out of the way. "Let's do it!" Shinji would look at Virgil. "You for real?" "He's right. This is our best chance." Shinji still had a look of disagreement. "Trust me on this one." Biggs would shout. Landmars had gone on to shoot out projectiles of dark Misra at all three of the boys. They had all dodged out of the way. "Whatever! Just make sure you get out of the way!" Shinji had gave in, dashing towards Landmars. Biggs would smile and made his way towards Landmars. Virgil had jumped back preparing himself to hold the creature steady.

Biggs and Shinji would attack Landmars. A series of evasions was perform by the creature. I was quite tough to land a solid hit on it. One of the tendrils would slash at Biggs to which he'd block to the best of his ability. This would knock him back quite some distance. Shinji had taken this opportunity to attack with his spear. He'd take to the sky, twirling his spear. It would conjure up a wind storm. Once in range, he'd slam his spear down on Landmars. The creature would counter with its spear as well. The attack would cause shockwaves to reverberate throughout the area. Shinji had tried his best to hold the demon back. Landmars had overpowered Shinji throwing him away. He was now in a defenseless position. The demon was preparing to fire a blast of dark energy at Shinji. This was stopped by multiple balls of dark energy, pummeling Landmars. It was very effective but it had caused the creature to change it's focus onto Virgil now, who had set off the attack. A bead of sweat had started to drip down the side of his face. Just before Landmars could make a move further, Biggs had latched onto his back.

"Biggs!" Virgil would call out. "Nevermind me! Just hurry!!" Biggs had shouted as he was struggling. Virgil had taken a deep breath. He'd have both of his fist together and pointed straight at Landmars. Misra would begin to emit from his body. Soon enough, an unseeable force of Misra had rained down on Landmars and Biggs. The pressure was so great, it had immediately brough Landmars down to a knee. Biggs had been struggling to just hang on. Veins would begin to pop from Virgil's arms and face. It was truly a struggle to hold Landmars in place even with Biggs help. "Shinji! Hurry!" The blonde haired warrior had been channeling his Misra in the spear. A strong wind would blow around him. "Ahhh!! Piercing storm!!" Shinji had taken off. Tempesta was aimed straight for Landmars. This was an attack that could pierce through solid iron.

Virgil had been watching for Biggs, hoping he'd find some way to get free from the attack. It just so happens, not far at all from Landmars and Biggs, Virgil had spotted someone. They appeared to be trapped in a close enough vicinity. At a closer look, it was actually Yuri! She had traveled all the way from Randall's house onto the battle field. Virgil had lost his concentration, easing up on Landmars. The creature would not overrlook this moment as it had broke free from Biggs grasp. Shinji was just about to connect when the tendrils had gone to shield the demon. Tempesta would pierce through the tendrils but would be met with Landmars' spear. The tendrils were meant to slow down Shinji trajectory so that the demon could properly counterattack. Landmars would overpower Shinji, slamming him into the ground.

Virgil had rushed in using balls of dark energy to attack. Landmars would place his arm up to shield himself. Virgil had attacked long enough in order for Biggs and Shinji to get to a safe spot. "Bro! What the hell was that!?" "You lost your focus. Why?" The two would bombard Virgil with questions. He was visibly upset. "Yuri..." Biggs and Shinji and looked confused. "Yuri was right there. If you connected she would've been caught in the attack. I'm sorry. I hesitated." Landmars had been making his way towards the boys. "Well where is she? I'll take her to Remi." "Right over there." Virgil would point out Yuri's location. "Got it." Shinji would use his speed to instantly get to Yuri while the other two had engage Landmars.

Yuri had been behind debris. She had peaked to see if she was in the clear. "What are you doing here!?" Shinji had shouted, startling the girl. His arms were folded. He was in an angry stance. Yuri could tell that she was about to be scolded. "A- Anna was in trouble and I- I brought her this." Yuri had waved the same stuffed toy that Randall had given to her for protection. "A toy?" Shinji questioned. Yuri had given him an angry look. "No! It's for protection. Mr. Randall had a daughter that always carried this with her. The day she didn't have it with her, she died  and so since Anna is in trouble she should hold this for her protection. "I I see. You were really worried about her weren't you." Shinji had lowered himself to Yuri's level. The little girl would nod her head with affirmation. She wanted to help Anna just as much as the others. "Why don't you give it to her yourself. I can take you to her." "Can you!?" The change in her excitement had shifted quickly. Shinji had turned his back to Yuri, signaling the little girl to hop on his back. As soon as she was all set, Shinji would leap off.

Remi had still been meditating so that her Misra could recover faster. Anna, Koji and the thief had been there defending Remi. "Special delivery for a miss Anna." Shinji had suddenly appeared before their very eyes with Yuri on his back. "Anna!" Yuri had pooped her head to see Anna. "Yuri?" Young Yuri had rushed over to embrace Anna. She was so happy to see her friend ok. "I was worried about you. I thought something might have happened. Shinji had watched the two. He was also happy at such a pure moment, especially for Anna.  He'd smile and take off to rejoin the battle. "Here." Yuri had the stuffed toy over to Anna. "What is this?" "It's something that will protect you if you hold onto it. Anna wasn't quite sure what the toy was exactly but she would accept Yuri's gift. "Now that I gave that to you, I should go back to grandpa. He's probably really worried. "Yeah, ok. Be careful on the way back/" Anna would say as Yuri had started to take off.

The team of Virgil, Shinji and Biggs had been doing everything they could to hold back Landmars. They had been spread out on the floor beaten. "You brats have killed my woman. And for that, I will make sure you all suffer just as I have." Landmars would turn in the direction of Remi and the others. "I shall kill every single person here and then you three will be last. I think I'll start with them." In order for them to suffer, he was going to kill their friends. The boys wouldn't just sit by and let this happen. They'd each get up to charge the demon. They were easily pummeled to the ground. As Landmars would look up, he would see in the distance, Yuri trying to escape. "Someone is trying to escape?" The demon would show it's revolting smile. "No. No one shall escape my wrath." The demon would now leap for Yuri. Shinji had desperately tried to get up, reaching out. "Noo! Run! Yuri!" Virgil had watch the demon land in front of the little girl. "No..." He'd say quietly. Biggs had too been watching this site, much like everyone else on the battle arena.

The little girl was frozen in fear. Landmars had taken one of his tendrils and waved it in front of Yuri. "Number 1." Landmars would say as he had his tendril pierce through Yuri's fragile body. The tendril had attacked her so violently, she was killed immediately. Everyone who had seen this sight, would have their jaws dropping to the floor. To think this monster would violently kill a small child. There was not a single shred of remorse from Landmars. He actually looked as if he had enjoyed it even. Anna had dropped the stuffed toy Yuri gave her. It had slowly fell to the floor. Anna had been torn. She had to witness her fiend being murderer in front of her. A trauma she had known once before. She had dropped to her knees in tears. Koji had tried to comfort her. Shinji, Biggs and Remi each had tears falling from their eyes. Virgil had such a look of distraught. He had soon begun to lose himself. The young man would grab at his head. It would seem as if he'd been suffering a massive headache. Misra would begin to seep from his body. It was much like the same from back in Galatia. Virgil would then scream from the agonizing pain he had felt.

In just a few moments, his body would begin to change. His skin had grown darker. His muscles had increase in size as well. Soon enough his face had even change and appeared demonic, much like Landmars. he bandages surrounding Virgil's left arm had been torn. This would then reveal a darkened brick red arm. The arm was sewed on from halfway up the bicep. The fingers were claw-like, a sharp appendage from his elbow and the veins in his arm had been much more defined. There was one vein that stood out from the rest. It was thick and bulged from the skin, running from the bottom of his ring finger, all the way from the underside of his arm, stopping at the sewed part of his arm. He had now looked unrecognizable although humanoid in shape. His piercing red eyes would scan the field. Landmars was in his sights. "So you were of demon kin after all. I knew something about you was different. I guess I really can enjoy-" Landmars had been cutoff due to the demonic left arm that had pierced through his chest. Quickly ripping his arm out, the demonic Virgil would swipe his arm, removing so of the blood onto the floor. Landmars had been losing blood quickly. Dropping to a knee, he'd look to Virgil. The demon would raise it's arm, reaching for Virgil. Landmars had no strength left to hold himself up and fell to the ground face first. In a flash, this demonic form of Virgil had killed Landmars.

Last edited by virgil on Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:02 pm

After a tough battle, Landmars had been defeated. However, at the cost, Yuri had been killed. This had caused Virgil to enter a rage, tapping into a forbidden power! The same power, and Landmars’ death, had jolted Levesque’s body! A breath had been returned to him as he opened his eyes, gritting his teeth as if he were in immense pain! In that moment, a purple flame had erupted from Levesque’s body, burning his flesh clean off. “AGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!” He screamed as the darkness burned him down to the bone. It’d envelop his entire body, shooting into the sky and bringing forth a dark cloud. This same energy would arch over Merriwreathe, forming a dome over the entire city and casting it into darkness, with the only source of light being the fires that burned throughout the entire city.

“Enough of these childish games. I have wasted too much time here.” Said a monstrous voice from the pillar of darkness that fed into the dome. Emerging from it was a monstrous demon, much larger in stature at about thirty feet in height. The demon was dark green, with a chytin armor over its entire body. Four arms had waved in the air, measuring at twenty-six feet in length. Adding to that were the normal pair of arms, making a total of six arms belonging to this beast. Alongside his spine were sharp protrusions. Opening atop of his head were all the eyes that Levesque had, and the third eye still situated in his forhead. This was Ulthu, a Demon Lord from the Hellish realm of Oblivion, home to demonic legions and hosts.

“W-W-What is that!?” Said a soldier, staggering back from the fear. “RAAAAAAAGHHHHH!!!!!!” Ulthu, had roared, sending a powerful shockwave throughout the area. The mere pressure exerted by Demon Lord was enough to render anyone who was too weak unresponsive. He’d lean forward, the massive arms swaying back and forth on his back. “So, this is the power she spoke of?” He said, grinning and showing his sharpened fangs. The white irises atop his head scanning everyone individually, but ultimately setting sight on Virgil.

Zid, who managed to make his way towards Anna and them, had stopped before reaching them. He had turned towards Ulthu, gazing upon the evil and remembering well when he had first met Levesque....

From a time where a small village had been ravaged by a snowstorm that had lasted two weeks. Many had passed, falling to the cold and darkness that fell upon the land. Yet, miraculously, a small child had managed to survive. The boy had been in between the lifeless bodies of his mother and father, using them to stay warm. All hope seemed lost, as he would not last long in the lonely cellar.

Hours had passed for the child. Life was slipping from him in the cold. “Mommy....daddy...I’ll be with you two soon....” He said softly as he closed his eyes. The child was ready to accept his fate, when suddenly the front door upstairs had been kicked open. The howling of the wind had resonated throughout the home, only muffled out by the heavy footsteps that were heading towards the door to the cellar. The boy slowly opened his eyes, looking to the staircase. “Huh?” He questioned; the door finally opening. A man clad in a hooded cloak had walked down the staircase, stopping midway. “Child, are you alone?” Said the man, removing his hood to reveal himself. It was Levesque. “I am here to save you..” He said, reaching out to the boy. “Come with me...” The child’s eyes widened as he laid his eyes upon his savior.

In that moment, Zid had returned to his senses in the present time, reminiscing on when he had first met Levesque. “Levesque...” He said, looking at Ulthu and his demonic form. “What have you become?” The boy said softly.

virgil
virgil
Admin

Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:28 pm
Blood from Landmars had completely covered Virgil’s arm. The demon had stood before the other, looking intently at the arm. He’d remain motionless for the time being.

Shinji had been helped by Biggs to stay standing as they watched Virgil completely overwhelm Landmars. “He’s done it again...” Biggs would say. “Virgil...” Was all Shinji could say. “No way!? You’ve got to be kidding me...” The thief was dumbstruck at Virgil’s transformation. Remi had completely lost her concentration. “He’s transformed again...” She’d say with a look of despair. Even Anna had the same despair ridden look. Koji had been growling at Virgil. The thief would look to the girls. “Again? You mean this guy really is a demon!?” “NO! No... he’s not..” Remi had shouted but would slowly lower her voice. It would seem this version of Virgil is painful enough to even look at for her and her friends.

Levesque had just now revealed himself as the demon lord Ulthu. His menacing presence had left many without the will to move on. “Shit. This guy transformed too?” It was clear that this was very disadvantageous for the group. With Virgil no longer himself and a new powerful demon appearing before them, all hope is surely lost.

Callum had dropped to his hands and knees. “This... this is a nightmare...” Altai and Fatiha had also watched these events unfold. “What is going on??” Fatiha had asked out loud.

Zid had just crawled his way to Anna. “Z- Zid??” The little girl would call out. Remi, Koji and the thief would all turn their attention to the injuries boy.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:01 pm
Ulthu had stepped forward, causing a small tremor. “Ah yes, I can smell the fear on you all.” The demon grinned, turning to the soldiers. “Like insects, ready to be feasted on. I will have my fill, but first...” He then turned back to Virgil, who stood there in his menacing form. “...First I must deal with you.” The two arms on Ulthu’s back had reached out towards the darkness above, waving downwards. With that motion, thin beams of darkness had fired from all over the dome above them all. These same beams scattered all over the city, burning into the ground, burning through homes. Anything touched by them, was burned severely by the pure malice in the energy. By the time the beams had settled in, the entire interior of the dome, Merriwreathe, was covered in a web of darkness! Ulthu had established his domain!

The demon lord would suddenly jump onto one of the beams, unaffected by his own energy. Holding onto the beam, as if it were a web, he’d gesture with his arms again, causing beams to trace towards Virgil. In their wake, the ground had been burned! These same beams would also target the soldiers as well. Ulthu chuckled as he controlled the beams, hoping to hit Virgil.

Meanwhile, Zid had continued to crawl towards Anna and the others. “Anna...” He said, collapsing onto his knee. “I’m glad you’re okay...” The boy said panting. He’d look over to the side, catching sight of Virgil. “What...Is he a demon too?” The boy questioned. He could feel the sinister energy pouring from Virgil’s very being. “You-You have to get out of here...” Zid said, turning back to Anna. “It’s not safe here anymore...I don’t want you to get hurt...”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:12 pm
Ulthu’s power was immense. It’s strength, far greater than that of its human host. With each attack, destruction lay in its wake. Soldiers had been burned alive from touching these dark beams raining down on them. They’d scatter about shouting in fear. There was even more disbelief amongst the soldiers as well as Fatiha, Altai and Callum.

“He’s gonna destroy the whole city...” Shinji had showed his frustration with Ulthu’s actions. At this point, Biggs and Shinji were standing on their own now. “How are we going to be able to stop them both?” Biggs would ask. Shinji hand tightened his fist. “We’ll need the master’s help in order to bring him back. But, we’ve got to get to Remi and the others first.” Biggs would nod his head in agreement.

The monstrosity that is Ulthu had continued his assault in Merriwreathe, bringing his attention to the motionless Virgil. He’d send a beam in his direction to with the latter would not react. Instead, Virgil was hit dead on! An explosion had covered the area he was in. The thick smoke created would fade in time revealing Virgil laying on the ground. Something wasn’t right. Virgil had took the attack but unlike the others who’ve come to face this death beam, his body was unscathed. The look on Virgil’s demonic face was one of remorse. He was... sad?
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:26 pm
The massacre had begun. Soldiers had been burned alive with the passing of the beams. Not only there, but all over Merriwreathe, people were being killed in the destruction. Ulthu had chuckled, enjoying the chaos he had brought forth. “So much anguish! So much pain! I can smell it, and it is like an aroma to me!” The creature grinned, stepping forth. His beam had managed to hit Virgil, leaving an explosion behind. With the smoke clearing, he was visibly unscathed however. “What!?” Ulthu questioned, stopping in his path. “How is this possible!?”

For Virgil to remain unscathed, when such an attack was burning victims down to the bone upon contact. It was unheard of. “So...This is the power of that arm...” Ulthu gritted his teeth, quickly lunging forth. He’d come crashing down on Virgil’s body, hoping to crush him with sheer force!

Meanwhile with Remi, Anna, Koji and the thief, Zid had continued to plea with them. “Please! You guys must leave! I’ve never seen Levesque like this before!! I don’t—“ The boy stopped, grimmacing in pain as he collapsed. He’d roll around, holding his right side, which was burned to a crisp. “Ugh!!!!! Ple-Please leave!! There’s no telling what may happen here! All of you please...”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:22 pm
Zid while in pain had conversed with Anna. He'd try to tell them to escape from here. This area... no, the entire city was no longer safe. Levesque has revealed a form Zid had never seen before. This form had put him on a level that would completely erase any signs of hope. "Zid..." Anna had said to the boy. She was afraid of Levesque's new form as well as for the lives of the innocent. More and more soldiers had been killed by this monstrosity. Anna had walked over to Zid. She'd kneel down close to him, placing her hands directly above his wounds. A warm and radiating white light had emitted from her hands. This was her healing technique
called, "Faith Healing." She had used this very same technique on Shinji, Biggs and Virgil. "I can't go..." She would say.

Levesque or rather Ulthu had now descended on top of Virgil, crushing him. Virgil would cry out with a terrible screech. He had been unfocused completely being overwhelmed by Ulthu. Virgil had wiggled around while, Ulthu had his enormous foot on him. The demonic Virgil would show signs of visible rage.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:47 pm
The boy looked to Anna. She refused to leave, placing her hand on Zid's arm and beginning to heal the burn. The boy was speechless, beginning to tear up as he watched her. "A-Anna..." The more he looked at the girl, the more he thought about how pure she was. Her radiance was so bright, something Zid had not seen in a very long time. He eventually realized why she could not leave. It was the very fact that her friends were still here, and one of them, was in danger. "Thank you....Thank you so much Anna..." A tear strolled down the side of his cheek. He'd close his eyes, turning away, refusing to let Anna see him cry. "Forgive me Anna....All this time...I didn't know what he truly was..." Zid lowered his head, wiping his tears. "I will do everything I can to help you all...I promise..."

While the two shared a sentimental moment, Ulthu had pressed down on Virgil, lowering his head to grin in the young man's face. "Your rage fuels this power! It isn't yours, however. This power is far greater than anything you, or your friends know!" Ulthu continued to apply weight. "What I want to know is, whose power it belongs to. That, I want to find out."
virgil
virgil
Admin

Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:19 pm
"You'd better stick to that then." Shinji had said as he and Biggs had finally reached the group. Biggs would smile at Zid.

"He's changed again... Remi had said with a glum look. "There's no way we can change him back. If only the master was here..." Shinji was upset as well. He'd ball up his fist in anger. "How are we able to call the master?" Biggs had asked. "Wait wait wait wait wait! You guys.... who are you guys? And that thing-" Shinji had turned to face the thief who had spoken up. "Watch what you say." With his anger still going the thief had backed down a bit. The thief was shocked and afraid at Virgil's sudden change. All he wanted was some answers. "You've said that he's changed again... What is he? And how do we know he won't attack us?" Shinji had been angered again by the thief and was about to make a move towards him. Biggs had grabbed hold of Shinji's shoulder, preventing him from advancing. Shinji would look back to Biggs who had been nodding his head no. he would acknowledge this and give in.

"Yes. I too would like to know what that boy is." Fatiha had just arrived with Altai. She had appeared to be in much better shape from before. The group would turn to the two. "It's a lot to explain but he is human just like the rest of us." Remi would say. "Hard to believe a human could turn into something like that." Fatiha would rebuttal. "Seems like there's a lot you're all hiding and that annoys me." Fatiha would scan the Ovale group. She had started to become even more suspicious of them.

Ulthu had continued to press down on Virgil. The demonic boy would continue his struggle but not for long. After Ulthu had finsihed his statement of wanting to find out what was the source of his power, Virgil would extend his left arm out to Ulthu. From the finger tips, small beams of dark Misra had flashed out at Ulthu's face. This attack although small, is similar to that of Ulthu's beams from the sky.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:41 pm
Zid smiled, turning to face Shinji and Biggs. “Heh...I will!” He said with a stern look. The pain slowly began departing from the boy’s arm as Anna continued to heal him. The more they spoke of Virgil, the more Zid thought about Levesque’s transformation as well. He’d look to the demonic creature, a face of worry. “So this is the real him...and your friend is like him....Or at least possesses a power that’s similar to what he is...” He said to Anna.

Meanwhile, with Ulthu, the demon lord had been met with small beams. They’d fire at Ulthu’s head, missing as the demon had arched back, stepping off of Virgil and lunging away from him. “Sneaky move. But you must have something more than that...” Landing away from Virgil, Levesque dug his hands into the ground, extending them as they quickly burrowed beneath the surface. Four of them had been sent to attack Virgil, in which they’d erupt from beneath him, attempting to grab a hold of the young man.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:17 pm
Much to be expected, Ulthu had backed away from the attack. This would give Virgil the opportunity to get up from underneath him. Ulthu had sent an underground attack towards Virgil. This would prove ineffective. Virgil had intercepted Ulthu by using both hands to swat away two of the hands and then grabbed the other two reaching for him. With a grip so strong, not even someone as strong Ulthu could simply break away.

In this moment, Virgil would pull Ulthu towards him and then leapt forward. The two were on a head on collision with each other. Virgil had raised his demonic left arm, pulling it back. He was waiting for just the right moment when they were close to attack. Dark purple Misra had emitted from the left arm. This attack would surly cause some serious damage.

After hearing about Virgil more, Zid had soon realized that Virgil was of the same class of demon like Ulthu. Anna had looked over to the boy. “It’s not him! ...That’s... That’s not the real him...” Anna would cry out. The rest of the group would turn to her. “Well, no matter the case, we need a plan to take the both of them down. Merriwreathe cannot withstand this kind of battle any longer.” Fatiha had said regaining the groups attention. “There is a way to stop them but...” “Yes. What is it?” Fatiha would say to Shinji. “We would need our master to be here.” He continued. “And who is this master you speak of?” Fatiha asked. “You all know Ms. Riviera well. If you know her well than you should she works with someone known throughout all of Paliedes.” Remi had spoke up. Fatiha’s eyes had widened. She would appear to know who exactly they were referring to. “You don’t mean to tell me...” Remi would nod her head to Fatiha. “Our master is the man who can see the future... Nostradamus the Prophet.”
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:36 pm
Ulthu’s attack was unsuccessful, with Virgil swatting two hands away and grabbing the other two. “....You...” Ulthu said, attempting to pull from Virgil’s grasps, but it was to no avail. With a pull in, he found himself coming straight towards Virgil. “Dammit! This power...” The two were on a collision course, with Virgil beginning to store up the dark Misra in his arm. The giant demon-lord had used his two free arms, beginning to store up the same dark misra in his free arm. “You challenge me!? I shall not lose to an insect like yourself!” He said with a powerful voice, sending a dark misra infused punch.

While they continued to battle, Zid had listened to Anna. “I’m sorry Anna...” He’d look to the others as they spoke of their master, Nostradamus. Zid had never heard of him, so he was curious to know about this man. “Nostradamus?” He asked, turning to Anna. “Do you know Nostradamus too Anna?”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:00 pm
The two fists of these demons would soon collide! This would cause a great rift on the battlefield. Sparks were flying and rubble was vibrating. This powerful collision was powerful enough that those around could feel its energy. Virgil had been grunting, not making out any real words. The two would go back and forth during this power struggle.

As the others were shocked to hear the name Nostradamus, Zid in the other hand was confused. He had no idea who this person was and would ask Anna about him. The little girl would turn to face him with a smile. She would nod before speaking. “He is great man that saved our lives when we were younger. He taught me how to use my Misra and how I can be of help to everyone. Master Nos is always so kind and makes sure everyone is ok.” Anna was excited to tell Zid about the man known as the Prophet.

Fatiha and Altai had listened in on this. “It’s hard to believe you kids have connections with the Prophet himself but based off of your unique skills and pet...” Fatiha had looked to Koji who would look back at her with a slightly tilted head in confusion. “I may be able to give you what you ask.” Her words had shocked the group. “You mean... you have a way calling Master Nos here!?” Biggs shouted. The Vice-Captain would nod her head. “Altai.” Fatiha would call out. “Sir! Err mhmm... ma’am!” Altai had fumbled her words. “I’ll need you to grab Callum.” “Ok!” Altai would make haste in getting the younger apprentice. “As for you...” Fatiha had now directed her attention to Shinji. The young man was a bit surprised. “It would take a lot of time to get it but you’re the fastest out of us all. I’ll need you to go Ms. Riviera’s place and grab a large embroidered book. There is no name to it but you’ll know it when you see it.” “How the heck am I gonna find a book with no name?” Shinji replied. “I’ll warn you. Don’t touch the book directly.” Shinji had now froze up a bit. The rest of the group looked curios as well. “Excuse me l but... would this book happen to be one of the Honju?” Fatiha had looked to Remi. “You are right about that.”

Now that it was revealed the book Shinji was going to get is one of the Honju, this had left the whole group shocked!
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:23 pm
The clash between the two had caused Merriwreathe to tremble, with sparks of dark energy beginning to strike the surrounding area. Such power had never been seen before. At this point, most of the residents of Merriwreathe had moved to the South end of the city, away from the destruction in the North. However, Ulthu’s dark dome had prevented them from escaping.

A pulse had been sent up Ulthu’s arm. Virgil’s power was beginning to prove itself superior to Ulthu’s, which had sent the demon lord into confusion. “How?” He said, unable to continue with the clash. The energy would send Ulthu back, where he’d slide across the ground. “How are you this powerful!? You aren’t a full demon!” Ulthu yelled out, swaying his four arms. The lower two were resting on the ground, holding up his massive frame with his legs. “I am a demon lord!!!!!! You should be nothing to me!” The arms on his back had stopped swaying. This time, they spread outward and bend. Dark energy had began crackling at the center of the four, as a large sphere of darkness manifested. “Enough of this!!!”

The sphere had given off a foul power, cracking until it split open. From it, thousands of demonic spiders had come forth, beginning to crawl over Ulthu and onto the ground. They’d make their move towards everyone in the area, Virgil included!!

Zid, who had been listening to the talk of The Prophet Nostradamus, had noticed the sounds of the demonic spiders, as they swarmed across the ground. “Guys!!!! If you need to get that Honju, or whatever it is, we need to do it fast!!! Look!!” He said, pointing the creatures. Some of them had swarmed over some soldiers who had survived the initial attack, biting them with dark fangs. Upon being pierced, the men would begin screaming in agony as they had started to slowly crumble from the venom.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 pm
The clash between the two demons would come to an end. This demonic form of Virgil's had started to best the demon lord Ulthu. This had angered Ulthu to the point he had started to unleash an attack on an even greater scale. The field was was in ruins and the dark energy had crackled. The dark sphere he had created would start attacking indiscriminately. Virgil had just stared. He was unresponsive for a brief moment, almost curious to see what strength Ulthu possesses. Soon after, demonic spiders would run about making their way towards Virgil. The young transformed demon had no idea what these spiders were capable of. They'd eventually crawl onto him, to which he'd pick up his arms and examined the spiders carefully.

Meanwhile, Zid had called out to the others to gain their attention. He'd warn them to hurry up and make their move because now the spiders were after them! "AHHH!!" Remi would frantically cry out. She had been afraid of insects of any kind. "He's got spiders now!?" Shinji would shout out. "Alright enough talk!" Fatiha had took charge. "We must protect this place and call forth Nostradamus!""Wait!" Biggs had said. Fatiha had looked to him. ""There are side effects of having one of the Honju unless you've passed it's trial. Just who is the owner of the book." The group was quite. Fatiha had been in a tight position but couldn't withhold that information from the Ovale group. She'd take a second before speaking. "You'll know when he returns."

At this point the spiders have finally come in contact with the group. Shinji would slash at the spiders while Remi would burn them down, Biggs punching and kicking and Fatiha pressing them with her shield and then slashing at them. Koji and the thief would be protecting Anna by attacking any spider that came near. "GO NOW!!" Fatiha would yell to Shinji. The young man was a bit annoyed at her avoiding Biggs' question but he had no choice but to leave. In a blink of an eye, the young man had left the group to rush to Randall's house. "Altai! Go to Callum!" Fatiha had said while stabbing at a spider on the ground. Altai would nod her head saying "right!," before rushing to the young boy.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:30 am
Ulthu had watched on, the arms lowering down and resting their palms on the ground. “You will all perish here!” He said, grinning. The spiders continued their attack, crawling over soldiers and biting into their armor. They’d even crawl onto Virgil, screeching as they prepared to bite into him. “You are finished!” Ulthu said, chuckling in a menacing manner.

Zid had stood up, helping Koji and the thief ward off the spiders. “Stay behind us Anna! We won’t let these things get anywhere near you!” The boy shouted, channeling dark energy and creating a web that’d catch the small spider. “Koji, I’ll entrap them! You take them out in one attack!” He yelled out to the small wolf pup.

Ulthu’s eyes would slowly move, focusing on Zid and the group surrounding Anna. “That damn boy. I’ll deal with him after this.”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:38 pm
The spiders that had crawled upon Virgil had begun to bite at him. This would cause for a slight panic as he swung thing off. This would fuel his rage even further as he looked upon Ulthu. The horrid demon had begun to attack all though around him in an unbiased fashion. The citizens and soldiers were being killed or injured one by one. It was complete an utter chaos.

Zid had taken up arms alongside the Ovale group to defend against the army of spiders. "There's so many of them!" Remi would shout. She'd just finished taking down a horde with a wall of flames. Biggs had been nearby, punching down on of the spiders. "I don't know how much longer I can last!" He'd also shout out. "Do not falter here! This is the turning point of this battle!" Fatiha had appeared alongside them. She would rush to a central location to which all could see her. From the top of her voice, she'd shout to those who could hear her. "DO NOT GIVE IN!!! THIS BATTLE WILL SOON BE OVER!!! I CAN PROMISE YOU, YOUR EFFORTS HAVE BROUGHT US VICTORY!!! BUT IT WILL NOT BE A COMPLETE VICTORY IF YOU DIE HERE!!!" Some of the soldiers would begin to look at her. FIGHT! FIGHT FOR YOUR LIVES AND RETURN TO YOUR FAMILIES! SOLDIERS OF MERRIWREATHE!! LET US DRIVE OUT THESE MONSTERS ONCE AND FOR ALL!!"

Several spiders would circle around Fatiha. They had been preparing to entrap her, attacking from all sides. She'd look around, knowing she couldn't escape unscathed. With sword and shield at hand, she was ready for the spiders to come. They'd attack all together when suddenly, multiple explosions had disrupted the spiders. It was the soldiers of Merriwreathe! Some of them were carrying large cannons on their backs, while others had swords, bows and spears. "We can't go letting you take all the fun, Captain." They had gained the moral through Fatiha's speech to fight back. The fight for Merriwreathe was not yet lost!

Virgil had now begun [acing towards Ulthu. He'd show his razor sharp fangs with a grin, that grew with this transformation. With one slow hand motion with his right arm, an intangible wave of Misra had begun to descend upon Ulthu. The amount of pressure exerted was enough to hold Ulthu down a bit. This was only meant to hold him down while preparing for his next attack.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:01 pm
Hope had not been lost! Soldiers had fought back against the horde of spiders, attacking with canons. The small creatures were being fended off, unable to overwhelm the newly founded morale. “We’re holding them off!” Zid said, attacking the spiders and defending Anna.

Ulthu had caught sight of this. He’d look around with his eyes before going back to Virgil, who did not seem affected by the bites of his spiders. “This cannot be...” He said, gritting his fangs and clenching his two lower fists. “How are you not—“ A pressure had suddenly fallen upon Ulthu, sending him down onto his stomach. “Wh-What!?” The gravity had pushed down on Ulthu, restricting his movement greatly. “Just how strong are you boy!?”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:17 am
"Good..." Fatiha had overlooked her soldiers launching their counterattack. They would not go down without a fight and she was relieved to know this. There was a powerful feeling that Fatiha had noticed coming in the direction of both Ulthu and Virgil. She'd look and watch...

Ulthu had started to feel the pressure coming from Virgil. He was astounded with the strength he'd display. Virgil had put on a demonic grin. He was actually enjoying the pain he had caused Ulthu. Now, from his demonic left arm, he'd raise it up to the sky. Darkness had formed, creating a slowly growing sphere. Black streaks of lightning had encircled the sphere. This attack had a similar feel to it. It was like the one he used back in Galatia against Benkei. Aside from the clear difference in power, There was an unusual amount of malice coming from the sphere.

As this had been going on, Shinji had finally reach Randall's house. The young man would enter quickly moving towards the basement. Without a moment to waste, he'd search high and low for the Grimoire. In his stead, the library had been turned into a warzone. Books had been dropped on the floor. Even the chairs and tables had been knocked over. This ruckus would cause a loud enough noise to alert those inside.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:22 pm
Randall and Claudette had been caring for Ms. Riviera at the time. “She’s not doing too well....” Claudette said, a worried expression worn on her face. They had turned to each other before hearing some ruckus coming from the cellar. “What the heck!?” Randall asked, turning around. “I’ll go check that out!” He said, running out of the room. On his way down there, he could see that the front door had been left open. “What’s going on?” He questioned, seeing the unusual amount of darkness and fires outside. Randall had continued on his path downstairs, slowly walking down the steps. “Who’s here!?” He asked, arriving at the bottom to see Shinji flipping books off of the shelf. “What-What’s going on Shinji!?”

At the battlefield, Ulthu had been stuck in the field of gravity. The weight of the force had been felt greatly, sending the demon lord to the ground. “I can’t overpower this!?” Ulthu asked, the eyes atop of his head looking directly at the dark energy above him. “I can’t let that hit me...” The arms atop of his back slowly moved through the pressure, reaching out to the darkness above. “Curse you....” Ulthu said, struggling to move.

Zid, while fending off the creatures, had turned to Ulthu. He could see the sphere of darkness manifesting above the demon lord, with crackles of malice striking the ground at several locations. “Wha-What is this power? He’s besting Levesque....” Zid said, beads of sweat dropping. “Anna, that attack, do you think it’ll reach us!?”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:35 pm
Randall had come bursting downstairs wondering who it was that had been rummaging throughout the cellar. "Randall!?" Shinji would reply. "Listen! We don't have much time. I need to find the Grimoire now!" Shinji would continue to look throughout the library. He'd been expecting Randall's without even bothering to answer the question he had been asked.

Virgil had kept his grin. His glaring eyes, squinted. The pose he assumed was him standing up tall with his demonic left arm held up. The right had still be pointed at Ulthu, keeping the demon lord held down. The dark sphere had grown to the size of a boulder no smaller than one of the market stands. He had looked like evil incarnate. Zid had noticed the powerful Misra emitting from Virgil. He couldn't help but ask Anna if the attack would reach them. She'd turn to the boy. "I... He... He wouldn't..." The little girl was confused, unsure of what would happen now. The person she is staring at is no longer the friend she once knew.

Remi had felt the surge of Misra coming from Virgil. She stopped attacking the spiders as her face grew pale. Biggs had noticed Remi no longer attacking with spiders surrounding her. He'd rush in to save her, crushing every spider that attacked. "What are you doing!? You're gonna get yourself killed!" He'd shout to her. "He'll kill everyone in the city." The young woman would say softly and slowly. Biggs had looked in the direction of Virgil and saw the dark sphere he had created. His eyes had grown wide and his jaw had dropped. If this this attack was to be released, the entirety of Merriwreathe could be destroyed!

"We have to get everyone to evacuate the city!" Biggs would say to Remi. All the young woman could do is shake her head no. "It's impossible... There won't be enough time..."
Biggs had looked angered. The could do nothing now but await their demise. "Wait! Do you think Anna could make a shield for us?" He'd ask. Remi had looked up in realization. "We could. Yeah we could do that but... She can't possibly protect everyone here." Remi responded. Even with Anna's unusual powers, there would be countless lives lost. Biggs had thought to himself what possible way could they protect the lives of those living in Merriwreathe.

"Hey!! We've gotta get out of here!" Biggs would shout to Fatiha and those around her. The Vice-Captain was confused. She wasn't sure what the attack Virgil was storing could do but it would seem Biggs knew. "What is that attack?" She'd ask. "I don't have time to explain but it's strong enough to wipe Merriwreathe clear off the map!" Fatiha and some of the soldeirs around had heard this from Biggs and immediately, their eyes popped open wide in shock. "You're kidding!?" Fatiha had responded. "Wha- what did he say!?" One solider had spoke up. "How could we possibly evacuate an entire city in this situation!?" Another soldier had spoke up. "That is true but I have an idea."

The sphere had now reached a size, rivaling one of the two-story buildings around. Without any warning, Virgil had released the attack! Ulthu had felt the power coming from the sphere. The demon knew this attack would cause much devastation. In an act to defend himself, the arms on his back had reached up to the darkness above against the pressure of Virgil's gravity. The sphere had come in contact with Ulthu and set off the biggest explosion Merriwreathe has seen yet!
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:26 pm
Randall was confused, but understood that Shinji was in no time to discuss anything, or explain himself. “You…” Randall had reached out to Shinji, seeing the mess he had created. “Randall, it’s okay.” Claudette said, appearing at the door opening. In her hand was a large book wrapped in cloth. It looked rather old and worn out. “Shinji, here..” She said, tossing the book to Shinji. “That’s the grimoire you needed right? I don’t know what’s going on here, but I do know that it must be awfully serious for you to need that.” Randall turned around to face Claudette. “So, it’s really that serious huh?” He smirked, closing his eyes. “Yes Randall, it is. Now go Shinji! Just make sure..” Claudette had lowered her head. “…Just make sure he visits her please…”

Back at the battlefield, Virgil’s power was beginning to overwhelm everyone. Its sheer power was enough to cause the soldiers to tremble, and the others to panic. Merriwreathe’s existence was very much in danger of being wiped out! “No…It can’t end like this…” Zid said, turning to Anna. As the massive sphere of darkness descended onto Ulthu’s hands, it had gone off, setting an explosion off!! What would become of Merriwreathe!?
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:26 pm
Shinji had continued on to search for the book when Claudette had arrived. She was holding something wrapped in a cloth. After calling out to Shinji, he'd stop and pant heavy. It was not only from the rummaging through the library but the sensation he felt coming the whatever it was inside of the cloth. Claudette had revealed it to be the Grimoire he had been looking for. The young man would slowly walk over and take the book in it's wrapping from Claudette. He'd unravel it, showing the fine leather material and silver lining. "This... this is it..." He knew immediately that this is what he had been looking for. After a few moments of holding the unwrapped Grimoire, Shinji could feel his energy being drained from him. This had caused him to stumble forward a bit. He would catch himself and quickly rewrapping it.

Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:32 pm
Claudette closed her eyes, “Shinji, try to keep the wraps over the book. It functions as a seal, developed by Ms. Riviera herself. The Grimoire’s power is too much to handle.” Randall nodded in agreement, “I remember when I had first held it. I fainted.” He chuckled. “Erm, but, yeah, what she said.” Claudette shook her head, facepalming before a large boom had shattered the windows upstairs. The ground beneath them tremored, shaking any remaining books off of the shelf. “What the hell!?” Randall said, turning to Claudette, who had stumbled. “What was that!?” She asked, looking upstairs. “Oh no! I have to get back to Ms. Riviera! Randall, check on Yuri and Lloyd!” Randall nodded, watching Claudette run up the stairs. He’d turn to Shinji, “You need to get that book wherever you need to get it!!!” Having said that, he then ran up the stairs, heading to the living room.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum