TRACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Treacherous paths often yield the greatest rewards... - Page 12 Empty Re: Treacherous paths often yield the greatest rewards...

Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:26 pm
As Zid expected, Anna had not answered him. He had stood up, looking at Koji, who was barking at him. “I’m—I’m sorr—“ Zid stopped. Was apologizing going to fix anything? Very doubtful. At least that’s what he thought. Instead, he backed away from the two, turning to run out of the hole made in the chamber, into the night.

Ferdinand, on the otherhand, had found himself facing against Virgil. His swing had successfully connected with him, but it didn’t even move the young man and inch. “What!?!?” Ferdinand questioned, being grabbed and spun around by Virgil, who appeared to be much superior at the moment. The spin had transitioned into a slam, where Ferdinand cratered the ground head first. “GAGH!” The monster’s mouth opened, spitting blood out.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Treacherous paths often yield the greatest rewards... - Page 12 Empty Re: Treacherous paths often yield the greatest rewards...

Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:35 pm
Room

After the slam, Virgil had released his grip on Ferdinand. Relentlessly he'd fire off multiple rounds of dark energy at Ferdinand. It seemed as if the young man was possessed. Remi would watch in fear. Not from the attacks but rather from knowing Virgil was not the same person.

Biggs had finally finished gathering the children and bringing them to a safer location. He'd return to see Zid escaping. Anna was still shaken up a bit. Biggs would rush to her, making sure she was ok. "Hey, Anna! Are you hurt?" Anna would look to Biggs with a saddened expression. Koji would crowd around her as well.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:35 pm
Room

After the slam, Virgil had released his grip on Ferdinand. Relentlessly he'd fire off multiple rounds of dark energy at Ferdinand. It seemed as if the young man was possessed. Remi would watch in fear. Not from the attacks but rather from knowing Virgil was not the same person.

Biggs had finally finished gathering the children and bringing them to a safer location. He'd return to see Zid escaping. Anna was still shaken up a bit. Biggs would rush to her, making sure she was ok. "Hey, Anna! Are you hurt?" Anna would look to Biggs with a saddened expression. Koji would crowd around her as well.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:45 pm
Ferdinand had been slowly standing from the small crater, blood dripping down from his mouth. “You....I’ll kill you...” Before he could manage to stand, a volley of dark blasts had been unleashed upon him. They’d hit Ferdinand repeatedly, forcing him back down onto his knees. “AAAAGH!!!” His skin had slowly been torn off, seared from the constant attack. His anger was beginning to erupt as he found himself being bested. Ferdinand quickly stood, lunging at Virgil and fighting through the attack to launch a punch. “YOU’LL DIE!!!”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:40 pm
Room

After the brutal assault, Ferdinand had grown extremely angry. This would throw him off completely as he blindly charged Virgil. The young man was unphased by this. He'd simply step to the side, avoiding every strike Ferdinand could throw. With an emotionless expression, Virgil would finally move in to counter Ferdinand, delivering a powerful misra induced punch to the gut.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:45 pm
It was futile! Every attack thrown at Virgil had failed. The brute found himself coming short every time, missing his punch as Virgil side-stepped to avoid the punch. He quickly countered, punching Ferdinand in the gut. The force from the punch had sent such a force through Ferdinand, it’d send a force through his body, extending out his back. “GAGGH!!” He cried out in pain, his mouth wide open. Blood had splattered from his mouth as he took a few steps back, holding his stomach in pain. “...You.....You little bastard....” Ferdinand said, holding himself in pain. He grimmaced, his eye twitching from the pain. “I’m going to kill you.”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:54 pm
Room

The tides have turned in favor of Virgil. It would seem Ferdinand could not match this sudden transformation Virgil had underwent. The young man had seemed a little more demonic. It was if he went through the same transformation as Ferdinand. The only difference is he remained in his human form. Virgil had looked to Ferdinand whom was kneeling before him in pain. He'd claim that he'd kill Virgil but... For the first time since his whole persona changed, Virgil spoke for the first time. "With just this little bit of my power... This body truly is incredible." His voice sounded sinister. Virgil would smile, looking to his left arm. The bandages covering it had been peeling off. Soon enough it would reveal an arm the looked completely different than Virgil's other. It was dark in color. Seemed rough. There were also runes all over the arm. There was a clear aura that radiated from the arm. It was completely different than Virgil's own. "This body I cannot allow you to destroy." He would then hold out his left hand to Ferdinand. "I recall you had used your sin once before. Allow me to sure you the true SIN." Dark purple misra had gathered at his hand. This attack was much different than anything he's done before. The room began to vibrate from the energy Virgil had been storing.

Last edited by virgil on Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:13 pm
Ferdinand had staggered back. Virgil’s words had confused him, even in the state he was in. “What?” He asked, looking to the left arm, which had recently been covered in bandages. The arm wasn’t of Virgil’s original body. It also emitted an unnatural Misra. “That arm....” Ferdinand had grown anxious. One would even call it fear. For the first time, he had felt powerless thinking of the entity controlling Virgil. “...It can’t be...” He said. The eye on his chest had grown more veins, focusing on Virgil. Dark energy would once again form at the front of the pupil, prepared to fire another beam of dark energy. “I WILL NOT DIE HERE!!!” Ferdinand released the beam of energy, targetting Virgil.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:34 pm
Room

"Fool." In this moment, Virgil scoffed and released an intense beam of energy. This was SIN. The ray of energy was quite massive. It would envelope the entire room along with Ferdinand. For several seconds the attack would last finally, dying down. Smoke from the burning of the area had whipped up. The would even been some smoke from Virgil's hand. As the room had finally been cleared of the smoke, what is revealed afterwards is quite shocking. Not only was the room destroyed but a rather large gaping hole in the ground had appeared. The light from the moon had shined on Virgil as he stood above the hole. Not a single trace of Ferdinand could be traced. This battle is over...

Not long afterwards, Remi had came from hiding. She had been behind Virgil, watching. Her heart was pounding. She was unsure whether or not she would be welcoming a friend or foe. After some time, Virgil finally turned to face Remi. He had a saddened expression on his face. Remi's eyes were wide open. She rushed over to him, hugging him. He was in distraught. A More as if he were conflicted. "It's back..." Remi had already known. She held him tightly. "We'll go see the master."

virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:14 pm
It was just about day break. After a terrible night, the sun had finally begun to shine. The scenery had even seemed pleasant. The beautiful Posh flowers were radiating. The birds were chirping. Even the wind was gently blowing. From the distance, Virgil and the others had been leading the children back from the cave. The children had been lively as they'd run and play alongside with each other. Almost as if nothing has ever happened. Remi would look back at the kids as they approached the village with a smile. "Go in for one and out comes many." She'd say with a smile. "Many still isn't all of them." It was bit depressing to hear but Virgil was right. They were unable to save all of the children. "Hey, you don't have to say it like that. We did everything we could-" Biggs had intervened to lighten the situation but Virgil quickly spoke up. "And what good was our best!" Virgil would shout. The kids would stop their play to look to Virgil. He had been harboring negative thoughts in his mind. "If only I were stronger we could've..." The events that had happened in the cave had reminded him too much of how helpless he was back in the past. For a tragedy such as his past to reoccur here was bad timing.

After Virgil spoke, some of the children had stepped up to him. They'd crowd Remi, Biggs, Anna and Koji as well. A little boy had walked closer to Virgil looking up at the depressed young man. The look Virgil gave was of someone who was completely defeated. Finally the little boy spoke. "You saved us. Thank you so much for saving us." He'd give Virgil a smile. The other children would simultaneously thank them all at once. Virgil's eyes had widened. "But... I-" The kids would all then rush to hug them. It was like a dog pile. "You did your best to save everyone. And that's all that matters." The little boy would say. A little girl would speak up as well. "Those that didn't make it didn't die. They exist through us now. So don't worry about it." She'd give Virgil a smile. The young man after hearing these words was like giving him peace of mind. He held his head down as he embraced the children back. Tears would fall down his face but things were going to be alright.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:23 pm
Back in the village of Poshielle, a lone villager had been near the border of the village itself. In the distance, he managed to spot the incoming group. “What!? I’ve got to tell Latom!” He said, running towards the center of the village. “They’re here!!! They’re coming!!!!” He yelled, attracting the attention of everyone he came across. It managed to reach Latom, who had been outside in the square. He turned to face the man, “Who!?” He questioned. The man had panted, “The group who went in search of Akito and Akita. They’re coming! They also have the children with them!!!” Latom’s face was in disbelief. “They—They did it!!! NEESI! By The God of The Heavens!!!! They’ve done it!!!!”

Latom had been overcome with joy and emotion. From within the cottage, Neesi had overheard the growing commotion outside. She walked out through the door, finding the villagers moving to the border. “What’s going on?” She asked. Latom turned towards her, walking over and grabbing her. “Sister! They’ve returned!!!” He dragged Neesi, following the crowd of villagers.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:26 am
Just now, Virgil's group had entered the Village. They'd be greeted and thanked by the villagers. Such a happy and joyous moment for the people of Poshielle. Virgil would even smile a bit. After the many thanks, some of the villagers had been wondering where their children were. This would drawn the silence of Virgil and the others. Virgil was much too traumatized to say anything. This was when Remi had stepped in. "People of Poshielle. We are happy that most of you are reunited with your children. Unfortunately, we were unable to save everyone..." She had a look of sadness on her face. This was a difficult thing for her to say. "I know this is asking a lot but..." She pause for a moment. Remi had got down on her knees. Both Virgil and Biggs' eyes widened at Remi's gesture. "Please find it in your hearts to forgive us." Tears begin to fall down her face as she brought her head to the ground. Biggs and Virgil had both look to each other. After a quick thought to themselves, they to would get on their hands and knees. "PLEASE FORGIVE US." They'd say simultaneously. To add in on this, Anna had joined them "Please forgive us." She'd say in her quiet and timid voice.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:48 am
The villagers had embraced the children, welcoming them with cries and cheers of joys. For some, they were unfortunately left with nothing. Some parents searched and searched, only to find that their children did not make it. It was then, that Remi had verified that information. Neesi’s eyes had wandered, desperately trying to find Akita and Akito. But she’d stop, no, everyone would stop. Remi’s gesture of apology, along with the others, had brought a moment of silence from the villagers. Latom had turned to the group, watching them apologize on their knees. “....Remi...” He said before he walked out of the crowd. “Please! Do not fall to your knees and ask for forgiveness!!!!” Latom closed his eyes, fighting back tears. The leader of Poshielle, being the humble man he was, dropped down before Remi, placing his forehead on the ground. “You have saved the children you were able to!!! Without you, we wouldn’t have any of them!!!”

The other villagers joined their leader, placing their heads on the ground. It was a display of thanks and debt to these young travelers. “We owe you so much!!!” Said one man. “You have saved our village’s children!!!” Said one women. Neesi had dropped beside her brother, in front of Remi, “We don’t know how to repay you all!” Tears were shed in the village. Everyone was so thankful, even those who had no children to welcome back.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:13 pm
Just as Latom has spoke, Remi and the others would raise their heads to Latom. He had stood amongst the crowd to let Remi and the others know, they needn’t have to worry. That they were not to ask for forgiveness. Rather they were praised for their efforts, saving as many of the children possible. In his humbleness, Latom has then took to the ground bowing in praise for the young group. Remi with tear filled eyes couldn’t believe this sight. Following suit, Neesi and the other villagers had bowed down before them as well. Virgil, Biggs and Anna were all astonished. The villagers had felt the pain of losing their children. At the same time, the ones that did return brought hope and joy back to the village. They were free of this plague. Eventually after being praised by the village, Remi and the others would let out a genuine smile.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:17 pm
Latom had raised his head, tears falling down his cheeks. “Thanks to you all, we no longer have to worry about something like that again.” Neesi had then raised her head as well, looking at the group. “You’ve saved my two babies. I’m eternally grateful.” The moment was truly astonishing. For outsiders to receive so much thanks and praise; it was almost unheard of.

And so, the children who did return had found themselves reuniting with their parents and family. Neesi had rushed towards her two children, crying a river. She’d embrace them tightly, stroking her hands across their gentle faces. Latom had stuck with the Ovale group, choosing to converse with them before they’d decide to leave. “My good friends...” He said with a smile, wiping his tears away. “What will you all do from here? And if there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know. I am indebted to you.”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:14 am
Things had finally settled down in Poshielle. The people where finally making their way back to their homes. Neesi was with both Akito and Akita. Anna has been watching the family of three intently. It’d appear as if she was reminiscing.

Latom had then directed his attention to Remi’s group. He had just asked what they’d do now. With Shinji still resting and their need to rest their injuries, the answer was obvious. “If you don’t mind. Could we rest here for a few days.” Remi would bow to Latom, standing. Virgil would the speak up. “It was a bit rough down there annnnd it would be nice to take a little break.” He’d chuckle at the end of his statement. “Also... if you don’t mind.” Biggs had also put his input in. Moving his body in Anna’s direction, the others would see her watching Neesi, Akito and Akita. “She never gets this opportunity and it would be nice to see her with kids her age. She hasn’t really smiled much, since we left our village. I think she’ll be happy to be with fiends.”
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:39 pm
Latom smiled, placing his hand on Virgil’s shoulder. “You are all welcome. I assume you have a big journey ahead, so resting would be wise.” He turned in the direction of a large cottage. “That’s my home over there. I want you all to sleep there. Shinji is already inside. I’ll be sleeping at a friend’s house.” Latom had looked over to Anna, who was intently watching both Akito and Akita. “She has been having a good time with my nephew and niece. The other children in the village would also be delighted to have a new child to play with.” Neesi had overheard Biggs. She turned in their direction, looking to Anna afterwards. “She could stay at my home. Akito and Akita wouldn’t mind her sleeping with them. That way they’re close for the next two days.” Neesi looked to Remi. “If that’s okay with you all.”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:47 pm
As they all spoke on Anna’s behavior with the children, it was clear that she was still just a child that hadn’t been able to truly have a childhood. Neesi had then intervened stating Anna could stay with them during their stay in Poshielle. Virgil, Remi and Biggs had all smiled at each other. It would seem that they were all in agreement to let Anna go stay with Akito and Akita.

Biggs had walked behind Anna, who was still lost in thought. He knelt down behind her and spoke. “You like then don’t you.” Anna was completely startled by this. “N n no... I uhh.. mmm...” She couldn’t muster out any words. She was far too embarrassed. Biggs would simply smile and chuckle at the little girl. “Go on.” Her eyes widened. Soon she was no longer embarrassed but confused. “What do you-“ Before she could finish, Biggs would cut her off. “It’s been a long night. We’re all tired and beat up. So we’ll be resting here a bit longer.” Biggs would inch closer to Anna, covering his face with one of his hands to whisper. “Besides. Shinji is still being lazy sleeping in bed. We’ve got some time.” Biggs would give the little girl a great big smile. Her mind was at ease. Just then Akito and Akita had grabbed Anna. “Come on Anna! Let’s go play!” Akito would shout. “Can we play tag with Koji too!” Akita would say as well. The wolf pup would bark showing of his excitement as he ran along with the children. Biggs had stood up smiling as he watched them run along.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:58 am
Neesi smiled, watching as her children ran off with Anna. She stood up, walking up to Biggs. “She’s really a special girl. I can just look at her and feel it.” Watching her children play with Anna and Koji at put Neesi at ease. It has been a long time since Poshielle’s seen this kind of peace. Knowing that the troubles of their past had been eliminated in one night, brought a happiness that had long been sought for. “Biggs, what’s your home like?” Neesi asked, turning to the young man.

Latom had stood with Remi and Virgil. He crossed his arms, looking at Anna and the two twins run off. “This truly brings me joy.” He smiled. “So, again, my cottage is all yours. It should be open. I’d stay a bit longer, but as leader of the village, I have to make sure everyone’s okay.” The man turned to face Remi and Virgil, bowing. “Once again, I thank you for what you’ve done. Whatever it is you are all searching for, I pray that The God of The Heavens blesses your journey.”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:58 pm
Latom had once again, extended his offer for them to stay at his home. Virgil had rubbed his head, unable to simply thank him for his generosity. Remi was the same way only she had given Latom a smile. She'd bow thanking him. Neesi had seemed extremely delighted with the children playing, as if nothing ever happened. Suddenly, Neesi had asked Biggs about his village. This had caught him off guard. He was a bit tongue tied when trying to speak. "I uhh umm... It's... Well... It was a really nice village... with such nice people." he had no idea how to truly tell her about the village. So as of now he'd just simply state about how the village was. "I do wish we could go back and stay in the village. If it weren't for..." Biggs quietly said as he had tightened his fist. He'd remained silent.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum