TRACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

A place of legend! This is Arcadia… - Page 5 Empty Re: A place of legend! This is Arcadia…

Fri May 19, 2023 4:00 pm
Cave

Before Kuro even managed to connect, he was torn in two with a single slash. ”Whaaaaah!!!” The spectral being floated off, combining his two halves. ”What was that!?!?” He questioned, his eyes falling upon Gilgamesh. ”Gilgamesh!!!” From the opening of the chamber wall, Van stepped forth, his right arm shaking. ”Great….” He said, panting. Judging from their introduction, Gilgamesh held much power, and was of great rank in Arcadia. Which meant that Van was in much trouble if he wasn’t supposed to be here. Kuro quickly moved to Van’s side, hovering near him. ”Van, if you plan on fighting him, we won’t succeed, you know that right?” Van lowered his head, taking a step forward with the little energy he had. ”Yeah, I know….But I’m not leaving until I have that ore….”

Infirmary

Anna questioned the figure, unable to understand his words. He turned back, towards Virgil, unsheathing a blade within his cloak. “It’s far too much for you to understand. You are too young…” What was he going to do!?

Benkei Kagemori
Admin

A place of legend! This is Arcadia… - Page 5 Empty Re: A place of legend! This is Arcadia…

Sat May 27, 2023 12:58 pm
Benkei looked around as the guards came but was a bit confused at first “is there an enemy afoot my good people? “ he looked around as they surrounded him and questioned why he was disturbing the peace of the people “me? Me! I’m just trying to look for a book in the restricted section and I guess I got overly excited because I was looking for master nos haha” benkei tried to defuse the situation but it would seem they were not having it at all “I’ll change my behavior I’m sorry to everyone so I’m just going to go look for nos and be out of all your hairs”. Benkei would try to sneak away or walk away calmly as to not anger anyone anymore and ruin his chances of finding out how to repair his gauntlets perfectly.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:16 pm
CAVE

Van, who had known he would not walk away from this encounter alive had shown much strong determination. Once his mind was set, there was no a stopping him from attaining his goals. This seems to be a fitting trait for an assassin. Gilgamesh would seemingly ignore both Van and Kuro. The knight would look to the dragon. Not a single word was said but the two had been communicating. The dragon would then turn and walk away back to it's perch as Gilgamesh looked back to Van and Kuro.

INFIRMARY

The hooded figure had then taken this moment to unsheathe a hidden blade. This had taken Anna by surprise completely. After a moment she had jumped in between the Virgil and the mysterious man. Her hands were in front of her trembling. Her voice was breaking up with each breath. "Sto..... Sto... s.. STOP!" The little girl was absolutely terrified. Face to face with a violent person and no one around to help her. It's no wonder why the little girl was so frightened. Seeing the amount of violence at her age. Knowing she is powerless to stop horrible things from happening. The panic she is feeling is in this moment is actually throwing her powers off. It would fluctuate from a high to low point sporadically.

LIBRARY

Benkei would question if there was an enemy around but in fact it was because he had been causing a disturbance. "You may be a guest here but, have you no decency!? This is a library!" The monk had apologized and pled his case. He'd even come up with a plan moving forward. It was obvious he was in a rush and would then give the guards the slip.

Last edited by virgil on Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:00 am
Cave

There was a silence for a brief moment. Van stood there panting, watching the knight face the dragon. Nothing was said however. The dragon suddenly turned away, returning to its perch. It’s almost as if they were communicating telephatically. Gilgamesh had then turned back to Van, who continued to stand there. ”Van, we should go now.” Kuro said, hovering in front of the young man; but he did not respond. He turned away from Kuro, looking to his right and spotting the black ore.

Despite the injury sustained, he walked over the ore, dripping blood on his way there. ”What are you—“ The spectral form was going to ask. However, the realization had kicked in. Van wasn’t leaving without the ore he came for, and that was something he was certain of. He reached the obsidian-looking material, grabbing onto it and pulling as hard as he could. In his effort, he managed to rip the ore from the ground, stumbling back and collapsing. ”Van!!”

Infirmary

Inside of the infirmary, Anna had placed herself in between the mysterious figure and Virgil. She was visibly afraid, and her power was unstable as a result. The figure stopped in his tracks, lowering the sword to his side. His head lowered, so that the young girl could not see his face. He’d release a sigh, before slightly turning. “Why? Why do you shield him little girl? Even knowing what he will cause in the future…” A question like this would most likely be too difficult for such a small child to answer, but the figure seemed eager to hear what she had to say.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:50 pm
benkei would try to walk away but the guards were persistent on containing him in place "I see you will not listen to words well all i want is to ask master nos a question but you gentleman really do not want to fight me trust me it is for your own safety" benkei would warn them calmly without trying to threaten them or cause a uproar "well will i have my request answered ?"
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:24 pm
CAVE

As Van struggled to obtain the ore, Gilgamesh would simply watch. In the moment that Van would look back to the knight, he'd simply point to a cart nearby. This would make transporting the ore much easier considering Van's injuries. After that, Gilgamesh would have already started walking off, never to around around.

INFIRMARY

"w- why?" Anna said, still being quite afraid of this mystery man. "He's an important person to me!" The little girl had begun to raise her voice more. "No matter the danger, he and the others always came to save me. I'm... I'm not much of a fighter and most would consider me dead weight but... but they still treat me as if I'm their equal! They are my family and if my family is in danger, no matter how scarred I am, I can't just sit by and allow you to kill my family!" This was a breakthrough moment for Anna. Having the checkered past of one such as herself, she had finally begun to stand on her own.

LIBRARY

The guards would all simultaneously gasp. "You, a guest here dare to threaten us!?"
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:28 am
Cave

The young man panted, turning over to Gilgamesh. The knight had been pointing to a cart, which he possibly could have brought for the young bounty hunter. ”….Heh…” Van smirked, turning away from the knight, who had begun walking off. With the remaining energy he had, he stood up, picking up the ore. ”Did he know what we were after? How?” Kuro asked. ”I don’t know….But I’m ready to get out of here…” Van replied, reaching the cart and throwing the ore in. ”I’ll need my blade Kuro…Please, find it…I’ll start making my way back…” Van said, slowly walking to the front of the cart and pulling it himself, all while Kuro sunk into the shadows to retrieve the sword.

Infirmary

Anna did not falter. Her timid nature was cast aside in this moment. She stood up for Virgil, letting the mysterious figure know that she’d protect her family no matter what! Nothing would stop her from doing so, no matter how fragile she appeared. There was a brief silence from the hooded figure. “Is this the length you’d go for him child? Despite knowing what lies inside of him, you’d defend him and put your life on the line? Family or not, the decision you are making puts the world in grave danger!” He said, raising his tone. “Is family truly worth that!?”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:09 pm
Benkei would sigh and look at the guards “it’s not a threat my good sits just a warning to protect you all , I simply wish to speak with master nos about the restricted section so I may find the answers to repair my gauntlets that is all “. Benkei chuckled to himself “simple miss understanding is all and can be clearly fixed if you just listened and let me be I wish no one no harm especially such a divine place like this so how’s about we all forget this mistake and I’ll be on my way ?”. Benkei had attempted to walk out the door and search for nos himself with or without the guard’s permission for he was in a hurry to get back into training and his battles to come .
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:57 pm
Infirmary

The young Anna had heard the words of the mysterious hooded figure. He wanted to know how far would the girl go to protect Virgil even knowing what he is capable of. "If you know about the demon that lies within him then you must know that everyday for the past 8 years, he's been fighting to contain it. Not once has he ever changed who he was because of the demon.." The little girl had steadily calmed her Misra as she begun to lower her hands. Something about this hooded figure has allowed her to lower her guard. "For a very long time, I've been able to pick up on others' Misra and I can tell if they are good or evil. Normally, Virgil has such a pure and bright aura. Knowing who he is it only matches his personality. But when he transforms his Misra changes to such an awful evil aura it makes me want to throw up. He's unrecognizable. And just from that I know how powerful this demon could be. The more I talk with you the less I feel evil coming from you. It's strange but..." She would pause for a brief moment. "You seem familiar... Have we met before?" She would question.

Library

Some of the guards did not take too kindly to Benkei's words. "Well Master Nos was here in the library with that older feller you came in here with. So if you want to look around then do so but be mindful of your surroundings!" The guard would say. "Next time you cause a ruckus we'll lock you up guest or not!"
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:11 pm
Cave

Van successfully managed to make it through the cave, still dragging the cart behind. Sweat and blood dripped down from his body with each step he took. ”You don’t look so good…” Kuro said, perched on his shoulder in raven form. ”I’m not feeling so good either…That clash with that dragon…What was I thinking trying to even take it on? He asked himself, stumbling onto his knees. ”And the way it responded to Gilgamesh’s presence….My power paled before it…” Kuro leapt from Van’s shoulder, transforming into the black cat. ”I don’t think you can keep going! I’ll go get some help for you!” He said, reverting to the raven and beginning to fly.

”There’s no need Kuro!” A voice called out from the distance. It was Kane! ”Kane! It’s good to see you!” Van looked up to Kane with a smirk before collapsing forward. In the blink of an eye, however, Kane was there to catch the boy, raising him up over his shoulders. ”Kuro, what happened here?” He asked, grabbing a hold of the cart and dragging it behind him as they returned to the citadel.

Infirmary

The myserious man listened to the girl. Her mind was set on helping her friend no matter what. There was something worth saving for her. She then presented the man with a question that he did not expect, only a testament to her abilities, even at her current age. He simply turned around, giving his back to the young girl and Virgil. The silence coming from the man wasn’t the answer he’d give the girl, but the question wouldn’t be answered in the way she’d expect. “Your friends are the only family you have. And even at the most darkest times, they’ll be there for you, as you are with him. I was wrong in my approach to the solution…” The figure waved his hand, causing crackles of energy to appear out of thin air before him. It formed into a black window of sorts; a portal appearing to lead into a dark world. “You resolve cannot be shaken girl. It is a daunting task, but you will have your help…” He said before stepping into the portal, with it closing behind him.

Library

It was far too late to stop Benkei from further aggrevating guests, but Tobias had finally reached the monk. He was panting heavily, resting his hands on his knees as he bent forward. ”I…I….Finally….I finally have you…” The older man walked over to Benkei, grabbing him by the shirt and looking over to the guards. ”Please forgive us. Sometimes, my boy is not in his right mind. I’ll be sure to keep him by my side from now on.” He said with a smile, before pulling Benkei to the side. ”What were you thinking my boy!?”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:12 pm
benkei would be startled by tobias presence as he scolded him for causing a ruckus but benkei would pout and make more of a fuss "ALL I WANTED WAS TO SEE MASTER NOS BUT THESE FINE GENTS THINK I AM A EYE SORE!" benkei would compose himself as he had a outburst of anger. Benkei would be taken away by tobias and he would bicker some more with the old man "I need master nos to let me into the restricted section so i can research about my gauntlets and properly repair them....without that knowledge i can not fight at my best". benkei became frustrated with his situation and his constant failures. Benkei would walk with tobias to find nos and the others so they could continue their quest
virgil
virgil
Admin

Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:03 am
INFIRMARY

The hooded figure had something to Anna after waving his hand, opening some sort of portal. The young girl had been confused as to not knowing what this man had been meaning. In that moment he had just left the room through the portal. He was gone and now upon realization, young Anna had dropped to her knees with her legs split so that she would be sitting on her butt. In just a few moments Nostradamus as well as few of the guards had burst through the doorway! "Anna my dear girl, are you ok!?" Nostradamus had tended to the little girl as the guards had begun to search the room. Anna would look to the elderly man. Tears would fill her eyes as she let out a cry. Nostradamus had smiled, holding her tight to console her. "I imagine you've had quite the scary experience." The little girl would grip onto him tight as to not let go, continuing to cry.

As the two would hold each other, Nostradamus' eyes suddenly burst wide open staring into blank space. He looked as if he were in a trance of some sorts. It did not last for more than a few seconds and so the guards searching the room wouldn't have noticed. The old man came back to his senses and he looked a bit uneasy. "So... this is where things change now." He's think to himself looking to Virgil.

Library

The guards would watch as Tobias had tried to apologize for Benkei's outbursts. Loud "shushes" would be simultaneously said as Benkei got quite loud once again!
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:07 am
Library

Tobias shook his head, grabbing onto Benkei’s shirt. ”You mustn’t be so loud Benkei…” He said, pulling Benkei to an aisle away from others. ”I don’t believe Master Nostradamus is here in the library. He had left a while ago after bringing me here.” Tobias continued, shaking his head. ”I recommend putting this task on hold until the morning, when we see him again. Night has fallen, and I’m sure the master has retreated to his quarters.”

Infirmary

Not soon after Master Nostradamus had entered with the men, the doors had been kicked open once again. It was Kane, who was holding Van on his back. ”Sorry about that! I hope I didn’t interrupt anything. But my friend here isn’t in good shape.” He walked over to an empty bed, placing Van down gently. ”Looks like he had a run in with something fierce at the volcano.” Kane said. From underneath Van’s shirt emerged Kuro, who quickly moved into the shadow beneath the bed. ”He’s lucky to be alive fighting that thing!” The spectre said. Kane snickered, turning towards Nostradamus. ”Forgive me for my entrance, master Nostradamus.”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:48 pm
Benkei sighed as Tobias shut down his quest for master nos”I hate being put on hold, we have to become as strong and prepared as possible for us to accomplish our goals”. He walked around with Tobias and tried to not let it get to him but the annoyance of not getting his way to fix his gauntlets weighed upon him “these gloves mean a lot to me …..reminds me of my home and old master but the damaged I caused them is a reflection on my disrespect to my temple….poetic really if you think about it “. He would look at them and sigh “I need the strength to protect those who can not protect themselves………I have to earn it”.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:25 pm
As the night grew near, it would be the time for most to rest. Today was filled with many events. In the corridors leading to the rooms the Galatian group had retired to, a shadowy figure was seen advancing towards it. It didn't seem to sneak about considering it was out in the open. Since it was so dark, it was hard to tell who it could've been. Upon reaching the room where the Galatians were fast asleep, the door was opened ever so quietly. Logically, it didn't make sense as to why the door didn't make as sound considering it was actually opened up regularly. Even when the door was closed behind the figure, it didn't make a sound. This was a very strange moment. The figure had then made it's way towards Benkei. There were no signs of the figure being hostile as to not alert those with a keen sense. Before long the figure would hold out it's hand above Benkei.

After this moment in the bed chambers, Benkei would be laying on the ground in a completely different area. It looked like a colosseum. Upon his waking up, he would be met with a familiar face.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:20 am
Benkei would be in his room sleeping and snoring after his long adventurous day. Many events had happpened and with little to no positive outcome . As benkei slept a mysterious figure had entered the room unbeknownst to anyone, not making a single sound. His hand hovered above benkei as in an instant he appeared in a stadium. Benkei lay on the ground trying to get comfortable not knowing the hard surface he felt was the bare ground “this bed is atrocious! “ he tossed and turned till he finally opened his eyes and felt the ground “wait what? Where am I ! How did I get here ?……oh god do I sleep walk ?”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:41 pm
"It's hard to tell if you truly are a heavy sleeper or just and idiot." From the shadows, Domon had appeared. The bald man had advanced towards Benkei reaching in his pocket from a belt he had around his waist. He'd pull out some kind of chain. It would resemble a whip. Actually, he would reach for the opposite side pocket revealing a second whip like chain. "I understand that you use a staff for your weapon of choice." He lash the whips, cracking the air and ground around him multiple times. It was as if he were trying to intimidate Benkei or even just show off his talent with the whips. "We have some unfinished business to attend to so pick up your staff and dance for me."
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:29 pm
Benkei would look around his surroundings until he heard a voice taunting him in the darkness "Who goes there!" domon would appear before you walking towards him cracking whips in the air asking him for a battle "You brought me out here and disturbed my precious slumber for this ?". benkei was confused but at the same time he began to smirk "A THRILL INDEED MY FRIEND!!!" he would summon his gauntlets but remember the damaged they sustained "Urgh these are unusable in their current state...…he would be Meer Childs play had they been repaired " he would summon his staff instead and slam it in the ground "You under estimate my ability, i went toe to toe with the great virgil ill have you know !" he would let his staff seep into the ground as it disappeared from his hands and lightning had surrounded his body "METAL DUPLICATION!!!!" Gold bars would start to arise from the ground attempting to surrounding domon but benkei was no done yet as he began to chant " thunderous Lord's heed my call unleash the power of your might roar! ZEUZ'S SPEAR!". Lightning in the shape of a spear began to form in the Sky as dark black clouds formed. It came crashing down in with a tremendous sound of a crackle as it struck the arena and began to reach the trap benkei had set. "That cage won't be enough will it......well just in case " Benkei took a deep breath and clenched his fist, the sky began to darken a bit as if a storm was coming "Lord's of thunder head my call grant me the strength to of a thunderous roar! Dragon mantle!" Benkei's body would glow and be struck by a lightning bolt, two strands of his hair would stand up to form horns and his eyes would become slits. Benkei wanted to go all out and show domon he was no push over or weakling but this battle would be benkei's toughest opponent yet.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:22 pm
Domon would watch as Benkei readied himself. The thunderous strick combined with the metal cage had given Domon very little room for mistakes. The monk knew Domon was no slouch either, so he'd attempt to start off with a powerful blow. The attack would reach the metal bars. They would then reach out for Domon in the center. He bald man would smirk. "If this is the best you've got then..." Domon cut his sentence short. He'd imbue the whips with misra. Once more, whipping the chains around. With great precision, the chains would strike and counter each and every stream of lightning that came his way.

Completely unscathed Domon had easily countered the lightning strike. At this moment, Benkei had assumed the form he had used in his last battle. The battle had only just begun! "If you're so proud to have matched Virgil with this power then..." Domon would begin to walk towards Benkei with the chains to his side, dragging on the ground. "Then maybe Master Nostradamus was wrong about you." Domon the swing one off the misra imbued chains at Benkei at great speed.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:36 pm
Benkei smirked as Domon tried to antagonize him about his abilities "Virgil is the one who strength i respect! for we fought a grand battle so do not talk down to me " Domon had rushed benkei with great speed as he twirled his chained towards benkei . Benkei would pour his misra into his feet to push off the group with great speed to counter the swing and come down slamming the ground with his mighty thunderous fist trying to throw domon off balance "Impressed now by my speed? you have been out to get me since i have arrived here but whats more interesting is you hold the answers to many questions do you not!" Benkei would charge at domon with a smile on his face as he increased his speed and attempted to strike him head on against his weapon "I AM NO WEAKLING!" the cage would shake and tremble from their clash.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:44 am
In Benkei's lightning cloak, he was able to avoid Domon's strikes, pushing himself back. He would immediately retaliate with and attack from above. This had caught Domon's eye a bit. Domon would quickly, retract his chains to the create a circular barrier, spinning the chains in a circle. This would clash with Benkei causing both fighters to be pushed back. After hearing Benkei's displeasure with how Domon had treated him the entirety of his stay in Arcadia. "So you do have a bit of speed... I'm not impressed." The bald man would then emit a great deal of Misra! This wasn't as large as Virgil's in his demonic state but it was enough to make the average fighter cower down. "Even if you and I were to be on the same level, currently, there is no chance of you defeating me." He would say as he begun to whip one of the chains in Benkei's direction. It wasn't something unavoidable but it was a setup for his real attack. With Benkei being able to easily dodge this strike Domon would send out his other chain. This would wrap around the monk's ankle tight. Being imbued with his own Misra, the chains would not break easily.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:35 am
As Benkei clashed with Domon's attack and got pushed back he would scoff at his comment our the difference in strength "If I have learned anything my entire life! It that you can overcome any obstacle with Guts and a little imagination!" Benkei readied himself in a stance with his palm out as a chain was sent flying towards him. Benkei with his speed would sidestep it and grab the chain hoping to pull Domon in but failed to notice the second chain wrapping around his leg "WAIT WHAT!" He could feel an intense misra coming from the man so intense it was like the gravity around benkei had shifted pouring down on him and he gasped "This is nothing!" He would be pulled and prepared to take whatever would come after.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:51 am
Immediately after Benkei had readied himself, he was quickly swept off his feet. The chains wrapped around his ankle would flail him about back and forth. Finally, after some time, the monk would then be immobilized by the chains wrapping around his whole body. Domon brought the monk close to him. He'd watch as the young man would struggle, unable to break free.

Domon had looked upon Benkei once more before raising his left hand. Something Misra like began to shroud his hand. "Lesson number 1... Never become over confident when facing an enemy with greater strength than your own." Soon enough the Misra like energy would started to change into a greenish blue glow. "You would do well to remember this power." Domon had then clenched fist. "Remember the pain as well." The bald man took up a stance to lunge at Benkei. He would simply throw a straight left at the defenseless Benkei's abdomen. This punch would hit the monk with such a devastating force, it would render him incapacitated. The chains would not allow him to fall to the ground even though his body wanted to collapse.

In a moment of silence, Domon turned in the direction of presence who had been watching from afar. He couldn't actually see who it was but he did feel a presence. It would soon vanish no longer being detected. Domon would stare at the monk's body once more.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:37 pm
It was quite the eventful night. Many different occurrences, pertaining to different individuals. The sun’s light was finally piercing through the darkness. With its retreat, Arcadia was once again seen in its grand splendor. And not once did it appear like anything happened…

In the women’s quarters, there was complete silence. Kira was breathing lightly, her head resting against the pillow. It was far too early for her to wake up, and with the curtains pulled, the shade offered the perfect sleeping environment. Stella, however, was awake. She found herself seated next to the window, peeking around the curtain and taking in the beautiful sunrise.

The men’s quarters was similar, in a way, yet different in itself. Not a sound came from the room. The reason being, that not one person was inside. Tobias, who was last seen in the library studying books, was still there. He had fallen asleep with many books scattered on the table before him. Kane was out by the beach, meditating atop a large rock. With each exhalation, his Misra could be felt. As for Van, he was in the infirmary, bandaged up and resting after his encounter with the dragon. And he wasn’t alone…
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum