TRACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
virgil
virgil
Admin

The Search Begins! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Search Begins!

Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:44 am
Edge would continue on, "You will go to Duran. Take back what they have stolen from us... Rescue the Oracle..." The beastman had been looking at the Vice-Commander sternly. "Truthfully, we don't have much information on Duran, since they are cut off from most of the world. If we send in a whole Battalion, it would surely not fall in our favor. We'll have to leave Orion to deal with that... You must be sure not to draw any attention to yourself. We don't want to risk losing the Oracle." The mood had shifted to a more serious tone.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:51 am
And so, the task had been given. To retrieve The Oracle from the clutches of The Duran Empire. Nir had listened carefully, knowing well that this was going to be difficult. Edge was right, The Duran Empire was a secluded kingdom that had cut itself off from the world. Little to no information is known about them to other kingdoms. Orion would indeed be the right man to tackle the job of gaining intel, after all, he did head the Galatian Intelligence Unit. ”I have faith that Orion will be able to supply us with valuable information throughout our journey.” Nir had then turned to Kane, placing a hand on his shoulder. ”I also happen to have the world’s greatest bounty hunter with me as well.”

Kane had turned towards Nir with much surprise before he turned back to Edge. ”Me? Oh, right! Yes, that’s right! I’m the guy for this job! I’ll help Nir get our Light of This World! Our Radiant Queen! Our—“ Van had elbowed Kane. ”Sorry about that! Point is, we’ll get her back.” Nir nodded in agreement, ”Count on us Commander Kiryuu!”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:55 am
Benkei would listen as edge had gave his instructions on retrieving the Oracle "so we need to investigate our enemy before we strike other wise we would be going in blindly, when they first attacked us we had no knowledge of their forces at least this time we have some clue and we have him". Benkei would point to Kane "so yes you are the man for this job and I trust you will follow through to the end but I do say if by some chance Duran catches you and offers you a higher pay out to betray us I will deliver swift justice upon you and your little comrade". Benkei would warm them ahead with a message that he was serious after losing his duty within a single night
virgil
virgil
Admin

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:09 pm
"That's right. I've been meaning to ask about them." Edge would inspect the three warriors before him. "World's greatest bounty hunter you say..." After more thought, Edge would finally speak again. "Well, based off the aura you give, I can tell you're no slouch. These two on the other hand..." Edge would be inspecting Van and Benkei. "Definitely aren't the average fighters." He'd smirk. "Will they be you're only companions?" This question was directed towards Nir.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:07 pm
Kane had turned towards Benkei, arching his eyebrow. ”Hey! Hey! Hey! No need to think about that stuff! I’m a loyal guy, and so is my partner here.” Van, on the otherhand, had gave Benkei a glare so cold, it’d shake the normal man to the core. ”You just called me little?” Before the tension could even build, Nir had intervened, ”No need to get started guys.” While the Galatian stepped between them, Kane had tipped his hat off to Edge. ”So you’ve managed to guage my aura? Pretty good sensory commander.”

”Yes, these two are—“ Before Kane could even finish, Nir stepped forward again. ”Yes, these three will be my companions. But something tells me a certain group will cross paths with us very soon.” Nir smiled. ”Commander Kiryuu. Vice Commander Oshwalt.” From the entry to the courtyard called the pink haired young woman from before. It was Stella. ”I wish to accompany you on this journey.” Nir had turned to her, ”Stella!? No, you can’t!” Stella had walked towards them. ”I can, and I will. It is my duty as advisor to The Oracle to serve and protect her at all times. Please, allow me to accompany you.” She said, holding her hands together. ”So, she totally came out of nowhere!”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:47 pm
Edge would watch as the small squabble between Benkei and Van started. "Another group?" Edge would question. Stella had just appeared beyond the courtyard. She had claimed to want to join the search for the Oracle. At this time, Edge would just listen.

Elsewhere, back in the tents, there was a stare down between Virgil, Biggs and Anna. They were in a triangular formation. Their eyes were going back and forth from each other. Biggs would then widen his eyes, "HAAA!" He'd shout as he'd raise his arm up and slam it down. From his hand, he slammed a playing card on top of a stack of cards face down. "Queens!" Both Anna and Virgil would look to the overconfident Biggs. They both were a bit nervous. Biggs only had 1 more card left in his hand. While the others had a few cards of their own. It wouldn't take long for Biggs to relax, showing a slight smirk. Virgil caught this, "WAAAAIIITTTT!!" Biggs was taken back, seeming nervous. Virgil would point to him. Anna would stare at Virgil. "I'm calling you out on this! I doubt it!" Virgil had stood up, drawing attention. Biggs' mouth was open as if he got caught in the act. "You- you... You gotta pick up! Hahaha." Biggs would laugh as he turned over the card. It was indeed the Queen card, therefore Virgil had to pick up. Virgil's draw dropped as he saw that he needed to pick up the entire pile of cards. He fell to the floor and would start crying from this. "This game sucks." "Are- are you ok?"Anna would be a bit nervous as she was not sure if Virgil was ok or not. "Ahh he's fine. Just his pride a little." Biggs would respond with a smile.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:19 pm
Benkei would look at van "yes I called you little, meaning insignificant and untrustworthy ! You reeknof bloodlust and you have no trusting eye in sight ". Benkei would stare him down until edge and nir would squash their little squabble and Stella was heard from a distance. Benkei looked on "hmmm that girl wants to join us? Is it wise shouldn't she stay here so the people don't catch any suspicions and cause doubt in their hearts?. Benkei was quite concerned as he didn't want anything to happen to her
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:33 pm
Nir had turned to Benkei, ”She is The Oracle’s advisor, and should stay here with the decoy. You’re absolutely right Benkei.” He’d then turn back to Stella, who was already walking towards them. ”I don’t want to hear that Nir. I am coming with you. As the advisor, I’m already familiar with many lands from ambassador trips to different countries. You need me for this.”

Kane had snickered, ”Hey, to be honest, her being an ambassador could help us greatly.” Van was quiet on the matter. He did not avert his gaze from Benkei, who had insulted him. ”Even if you did want to come, you’d require permission from The Holy Council Stella.” Stella had smiled, ”I’ve already received the green-light.”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:08 pm
"That is correct, Vice-Commander." Edge would jump into the conversation. "I don't know if you've seen her in battle recently but, her abilities have increased a great deal. She is sure to be useful in your journey. Besides, I already told her she'd join with you, so you have no say in the matter." Edge seemed a bit bratty, like it was his way or no way.

Shinji had been resting in bed while Remi was at his side. She had been reading through a book intently. The boy would fidget around in his sleep. The young girl couldn't help but look over, she was worried. He looked as if he were in pain. Remi would rush over to him trying to calm him down. Shinji would get more violent in his sleep, eventually he would start getting loud. A lot of people around would watch this moment. Virgil and the others were not in the immediate area. Finally, Shinji would rise up from his sleep, startling Remi. He had been sweating and breathing heavy. Remi rushed to her belongings. She'd rummage through it all, pulling out a vial with a blueish liquid inside. She rushed back to Shinji, "Here, take this." Shinji was faint but was able to look at Remi. His eyes were squinted as he struggled to take the vial from her. Finally, he was able to drink the vial. His breathing was controlled. He'd lay back down, closing his eyes. Remi would just look to the latter. There was nothing more for her to do besides let him rest.

Last edited by virgil on Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:44 pm
Benkei would look at nir as he agreed but edge had already made his decision " combat ability aside I do not think it is very wise as things from here on out it will be quite dangerous but if we have no say so be it,I will do my best to protect her sir edge". Benkei would bow his head "as she is the Oracle adviser she is then by all means part of my duty as well to protect and serve so shall it be". Benkei would look at van and Kane "you two have anything to add?"
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:44 am
Without much say in this matter, Nir had no choice but to comply with Edge’s wishes. He’d rub the back of his head, closing his eyes. ”Looks like I’m outmatched on this one.” He had let out a sigh, opening his eyes and watching Stella walk over to his side, where she’d place a hand on his shoulder. ”I’m not the same girl who could not fend for herself you know.” She offered him a smile, turning to Benkei. ”Thank you. By the way, my apologies for not formally introducing myself. My name’s Stella Miseux.” She gave Benkei a warm smile, reaching out for a handshake.

At her side, Kane had been oogling. His jaw had dropped at her beauty and charm, ”She’s perfect! I have no issue with her tagging along!” The man had knelt down before her, taking her hand, ”Ms. Miseux, please, take my hand in marriage!” Stella had blushed, giggling softly. ”You’re so funny.” Kane had found himself entranced by her, while Van could care less. He had folded his arms, turning to the side. ”I really don’t care.”

”Alrighty, so that makes five of us! Haha.” Nir had chuckled, watching Kane’s embarassing advances on Stella.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:50 pm
“You would do well not to underestimate her. I watched they way you fought against Medna. If you struggled against her that much, Stella would make light work of you.” This comment by Edge was directed to Benkei. The tiger beastman has noticed Kane’s wandering eyes. “This guy is a child...” He thought you himself. “Alright, now that this matter is settled, I have some supplies for this mission. Down in the square, go talk to the shop keep at the smaller vendor. It’s got a red roof top.” Edge would wave his hand over his head gesturing a roof top. “They’ll know you’re coming.”
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:38 pm
Benkei looked at edge as he made a comment about medna "it wasn't a struggle it was a observation of her abilities and I simply used the best method to issue my attack". He would look at Stella "I have confidence in her abilities and I have already offered my services to the young lady " he would shake her hand and kiss the top of it but then Kane would become tranced by her beauty "easy their sir do not jump the gun with this maiden". He would look at van "as expected a snark from the man who knows nothing". Edge would tell the group of supplies to be collect from a shop keep at a small vender "ahh I think I know where that is at,I remember seeing something of that description on my way to the arena when I was hopping from roof to roof"
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:53 am
Nir smirked, turning to Benkei. ”Looks like he got you there Benkei.” They’d receive word on where to recover supplies for their mission; told to head to a small shop with a red rooftop. ”Okay! Thank you so much commander Kiryuu!” Nir had then turned to the four. From here on out, they were a unit. Their mission was to retrieve The Oracle and bring her back home. ”Let’s move!” In excitement, Nir had turned to face the exit of the courtyard, followed by Kane, Van and Stella. ”Thank you commander! Hope to see you again!” Kane’d salute Edge before turning to join Nir. Van had followed closely behind, only giving a wave. Stella had trailed behind the three, smiling, ”We shall be seeing you again commander.”

Before they had exited the courtyard, Nir had stopped, turning around to face his commander. The four who had joined his cause were around him. ”I promise to get her back commander. I’ll bring much glory to the Second Batallion! I swear it!” With those last words, he’d smile, turning around leaving the courtyard with his newfound team.

Elsewhere, in one of the infirmary tents, Kira had been sitting down head lowered. Tobias was present, comforting the young girl. ”Do not worry Kira. I’m sure that your father will return in one piece. He is the general of the mighty Galatian military. There isn’t the slightest chance that he’d let such detestable, vile villains take his life.” Kira had continued staring at the tent walls, her eyes low and void of any hope. ”Our kingdom has been practically destroyed. Our Oracle has been taken from us. My father is missing.” She’d turn to Tobias, ”And here we are unable to do anything.” Tobias had lowered his head. ”My dear, I understand that. But we must allow the Galatian military and The Holy Council to operate. They will fix this problem.” Kira had suddenly bit her bottom lip, clenching her fists as she stood from the bed. ”No! I feel like I need to do something about this! I’m tired of just being a helpless girl! My father is Leo Lionheardht, one of the most powerful knights in all of Paleides! I’m going to see if I can help in finding The Oracle!” Tobias’ eyes had widened as he began sweating. ”K-Kira! You couldn’t possibly join in the search effort! You wouldn’t—“ She’d quickly look down at Tobias, ”Wouldn’t what? Be able to do anything? I’ll just only get in the way? That’s what you’re going to say right? Well, you can just save your breath Tobias! I’m going to help!” The young girl had marched out of the tent, leaving some of the nurses to stand there perplexed. ”Oh dear! What am I to do?” Questioned Tobias as he followed the young girl.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:57 pm
Benkei and the group would say goodbye to the commander edge all the while welcoming Stella "you know I did not struggle that much, it was just something new I had to experience in a fight ". Benkei would turn to the young girl "if you need anything I am at your service my lady". Benkei would talk to nir "what supplies would we need for this journey, the last thing we need is any more surprises and we should check on the others"
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:21 pm
The group had walked together out of the courtyard, heading down to the square. During their walk, Stella had been informed that Benkei would be of service to her. She had smiled, grateful to have someone like him accompanying her during the travel. ”Why thank you Benkei. That’s really kind of you.” Kane had trailed behind the two, looking from Benkei to Stella. ”Man, this guy’s trying to take my girl.” He crossed his arms, putting on a pout. Van, walking alongside Kane, shook his head. ”That’s not even your girl.” Van said. ”Jeez Van! That’s a burn!”

As the two bickered in the back, Nir had been questioned about the supplies required for their journey. To tell the truth, Nir had no idea. Whatever was to be found at the shop, was prepared by commander Edge. ”I don’t know Benkei. We’ll have to see when we get there.” They reached the market, where they’d begin looking for the shop with the red rooftop. ”You just can’t stop talking can you? You’re annoying.” Van had directed towards Benkei. ”Guys, before you start again, look there. That must be the shop commander Edge was talking about.” He pointed to the small shop. ”Let’s go.” Nir walked towards the shop, followed by the others. They’d all enter.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:55 am
Inside the shop they entered, it was empty. Aside from the shelves of books at the sides, armor and weaponry in the middle, there was not a single customer in sight. The armor didn't look all that great as well as the weapons looking shabby. The whole shop looked pretty run down. There was a counter at the back where a young boy was behind, reading a book. He was so into the book, he had not noticed the group of five walk in.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:15 pm
Benkei would look around the store looking at the armor and weapons" some of these things seem very outdated do you think we will find anything useful around here". Benkei looked at the books and medical supplies as well " this all looks run down, like something a beginning adventure would go to". Benkei would approach the front desk of the store "hello good sir, we are here on behalf of commander edge "
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:42 pm
The entire group had entered the shop, only to find oudated equipment. There weren’t any customere either. It was as if noone shopped here. Benkei had brought that to light, commenting on how this equipment seemed right for amateaurs. Stella had walked over to the books, sliding her fingertips across them as she read the titles. She brought her finger to her face, noticing the dust. ”So dusty.” Van had veered off from the group, looking at the swords that were displayed. ”That monk talks too much.” He’d mutter to himsef.

Kane had followed Nir and Benkei, who had walked up to the boy at the desk. ”Right.” Nir said, nodding as Benkei stated the reasoning for their visit. Kane had stood there looking at the cover of the book the boy was reading.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:16 pm
Benkei had called out to the young boy but was ignored. He has been so into his book he had not paid attention to anyone. It wasn’t until Nir and Kane walked up to him. “Who the hell are you guys!? If you’re here the buy something!” The boy was annoyed at being interrupted from reading his book. Kane took notice of the book the boy was reading. The title had read, “A Tale of Fantasia.” The boy would return to his book, turning his shoulder not even looking up at the people who were talking to him.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:58 pm
Benkei eye twitched as the boy who was reading ignored him but them proceeded to tell at them once everyone came closer to him. Benkei would try to keep his composure and ask again "listen child we are here on behalf of commander edge to pick up supplies so if you would be so kind ". Benkei would slightly hear vans comment and snapped "hush your mouth small one I am just stating facts ". He would tap his foot waiting but would also look at the book the boy was reading "hmmmmm never heard of that one"
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:09 pm
The group had been told off by the young boy, who would much rather continue reading his book than speak to them. This had annoyed Benkei, prompting him to explain why they were here. Nir had nodded again, ”Right, what he said.” Kane had rubbed his goatee, thinking about the book’s title. ”Fantasia....Hmmm..”

Stella continued skimming over the book titles, interested in the library of this small shop. She had stopped on one in particular. It read, ”Dragon Species”. Stella’s eyes had widened as she picked out the book, beginning to read it. Truth be told, the young woman had a fascination with dragons. Since a young age, the beasts had her interests. Van was still by the armory. He had been holding a broadsword in his hand, blowing the dust off. At the same time, he continued to ignore Benkei.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:18 pm
Benkei would restate his reasoning for the group entering the shop. The boy would finally turn to face them, "listen you-" As the boy laid eyes on the group, his eyes were fixated on the Galatian Sword. "You..." His eyes had widened with excited. The rough edged boy had turned into someone who had great admiration. "Big bro Nir... Hey Nir you came!" The boy instantly put his book down, rushing to the other side of the counter to greet Nir. He had passed by Benkei and Kane, only really acknowledging Nir. "It's been so long, I can't believe you finally came back!"
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:16 pm
Benkei would twitch again in annoyance as the boy would ignore him once more and run past him to nir "do I not exist on this plain? Am I not worthy of your time". He would turn to Stella sulking "my lady why does no one value My worth? Am I worthless". He would go to a corner grabbing his knees exaggerating his circumstances "everyone knows and cares about the galatian sword and his handsomeness but no one cares about the mighty and wonderful wandering monk benkei wahhhh". He would sulk as the boy cared only for nir
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:24 pm
Nir had arched a brow, unsure of who this boy was and how he knew of him. Naturally, he’d assume that this boy was a fan, but it didn’t seem that way. ”I’m sorry, but do I know you?” Nir had smiled awkwardly, scratching his head as he looked down at the young boy. Kane had stepped aside, walking over to the counter and picking the book up. ”Seems like Nir’s got his fans. Unlike a certain someone here.” Kane snickered as he opened the book. He poked fun at Benkei, who called out to Stella as he sulked in the corner. Unfortunately for the monk, Stella had also ignored him. She was immersed in the dragon encyclopedia.

”You’re really pathetic. I guess that’s why you’re ignored so often.” Van said as he walked over to Benkei, holding one of the display swords to Benkei’s neck. ”Why don’t you just be the wandering monk you are and run off somewhere, and leave this adventure to the professionals?”
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum