TRACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
virgil
virgil
Admin

Three Boys Two Girls One Wolf Empty Three Boys Two Girls One Wolf

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:07 am
Let’s turn back the clock a bit. Three days ago, in a town not so far from the Galatia Kingdom…

“FRESHLY CAUGHT FISH HERE! GET YOUR FRESHLY CAUGHT FISH! THE BEST FISH AROUND! COME GET EM AT A GREAT PRICE!” “Come see for yourself. We have fruits from the elven forest!” “With a sword like this, you can cut iron like butter.” “I’ll tell you what, I’ll sell it to you and this mirror for 35 silver stals!’ In the middle of a vibrant town, there had been much excitement. In the market section of town, stand owners had been energetic as they were determined to get a nice sale on their merchandise. Deals were being offered all over. Many people had been moving up and down the isles. However, there had been one section that had a rather large crowd. Music had been the source of the gathering. The sounds were quit pleasing on the ears. Those in the crowd would move along with the beat.

A young silver haired man had been playing an Ocarina. He had been wearing a dark scarf with a simple warrior like tunic. His shirt had been open revealing only his chest. The scarf was low enough to show off his neck. He also had bandages around his left arm as if he sustained a severe injury. He had been playing with such grace women had been falling for him. The other young man besides him had been playing the maracas. He had short blonde hair wearing a warriors tunic as well but his had a small chest plate equipped on it. There was also a larger, heavy set young man with short brown hair playing the harp. It seemed very uncharacteristic but, the larger man had looked extremely gentle. Like a declawed bear. He wore a red bandana on his head with the clothes of a traveler. Along with the instrumentalists, there had been a young woman with her dark hair in a ponytail. She wore tight dancer clothes with a long flowing skirt. She had been moving in a way that men were literally drooling for her. Some would holler at her and she would give them smiles back. In the back of her mind she would think to herself why she has to put up with this. “These guys always look at me like that. Why am I always stuck dancing.” Even though she disliked having to dance, she put her best effort into doing what she does. A little girl had been on the side closest to the instrumentalists with a wolf pup. She had been wearing a red mage's tunic. She had been enjoying the show, eating a steaming kebab and sharing a second one with the pup. The crowd had continued been copper and silver stals into the bucket the group kept in the front of the stage.

After a while longer the instrumentalists had been gathering their belongings while the dancer had been counting up the money they made. “Ahh man, that was another great show!” “Speak for yourself. I had all those men looking at me so intensely.” “Come on now Remi. Don’t act like you didn’t like it.” The blond young man named Shinji had started to stare at her trying to get a reaction out of her. “Shut up Shinji! You try wearing this.” She would noticeably get a bit angered. “I’ll have to pass on that one. I’d rather not see Shinji in that outfit.” The young silver haired man would quickly disagree. “I’ll have to agree with Virgil.” The silver haired young man is revealed to be Virgil. The group would share in on a big laugh. Suddenly, the little girl with the wolf pup had walked up to the group. “You guys did great again. Remi you looked beautiful.” The little girl was rather excited to be with them. Remi would kneel before the little girl. “Thank you Anna! Thank you Koji! Did you two enjoy the show.” Remi would smile at the two and pet Koji the wolf pup as Anna would nod her head yes.  “Now then, BIggs. What are gonna make tonight? I’ll help you gather supplies.” The heavy set man was now identified as Biggs. “Hang on a sec, I’ll check how much we made... “ Biggs begins counting the stals they’ve gathered. Biggs: “We’ve made 46 copper stals and 5 silver.” “Damn that really sucks. I thought we’d make a killing this time around. It’s because Remi can’t dance.” Shinji’s remark would catch Remi’s ear as she turned towards him. “Oh screw you! You didn’t do any better, Mr. I do nothing but complain.” “I’d complain less if we can make some decent money! You have to be better.” “I have to do better!?” “Guys.” “ALL YOU DO IS SHAKE THOSE STUPID MARACAS! HARDLY A TASK TO DO AT ALL!” “CONSIDERING HOW YOU CAN’T EVEN MOVE YOUR HIPS WELL, NO MAN IN THE CROWD WOULD PAY!” “Guys.” “YOU’RE SUCH A PRICK! NO GIRL IN THE CROWD COULD STAND THAT EGO OF YOURS. NO WONDER WHY THERE AREN’T MANY IN THE CROWD!” “Guys.” “YOU LITTLE-” KOJI: “ARFF! ARFF ARFF!” The two would stop arguing as they turned their eyes toward the wolf pup. Anna was right next to him with a saddened expression. “We don’t like when you guys argue.” Biggs had walked behind Shinji and smacked him in the back of the head. Shinji keeled over in pain, rubbing the back of his head. “AHH! What’d ya do that for!” Shinji would turn to Biggs questioning him still rubbing his head. Biggs would shake his head in disapproval. Virgil had cleared his throat. “Well, anyway. Let’s get our stuff and go back to the inn. I’ll go with Biggs and get some food for tonight. We’ve got a long journey ahead so let’s make some more money here until we get ot the next town.” The group agrees.

Virgil and Biggs had been walking through the town, buying the minimal that they could afford. They didn’t have much money but they’ve managed to survive with the large group they have. “This one looks good.” Virgil had picked out some potatoes for preparation for dinner. They were big a very smooth. They seemed perfect however. “No not that one. Look.” Biggs had looked at the potatoes that Virgil had picked up but disapproved of them. He’d show Virgil over to the potatoes in the back which were hidden. “You see these... “ Biggs shows Virgil potatoes that were moldy. “The ones in the back are no good. Soon enough this mold will spread all over to the rest. The ones closest to it won’t be any good. Theses ones here would be much better.” Biggs would say as he showed Virgil the better potatoes get.  “You really know your stuff huh?” “Back then, I studied cooking often. I’ve always wanted grandma’s approval.” The mood was suddenly darkened. “Well... I’m glad your the one always shopping for the food. If me or Shinji were to do it I think we’d all get sick.” Slightly lightening the mood. The two would continue walking through the crowd of people, buying up food for dinner.

There was a group of men talking amongst themselves. “Did you hear? The whole festival thing in Galatia?” “Yeah that one.” “You’d be crazy to enter that. The Galatian Sword is supposed to be entering.” “No kidding! THE Galatian Sword!?” “Well how many do you know, yes the Galatian Sword.” “I heard, that guy was able to take down a whole dragon.” “By himself!?” “Mmhmm.” “I wouldn’t stand a chance against someone like that.” Virgil had overheard the men talking and snuck himself over. “A festival you say?” “Heh?” The men would look towards Virgil as he poked his head in their conversation, leaving Biggs to shopping. “Beat it kid.” “Wait wait wait! I want to hear about this festival. It seems like a fight festival.” “Boy if you don’t get lost, you ain’t gonna be worrying about no fight festival no more.” Virgil would then give a pouty face and begin begging.  “Aww come on please tell me. I’ll leave if you do." “Hey ain’t no harm telling the kid. Not like he’s gonna win let alone enter.” “Whatever.” One of the men would pat Virgil on the shoulder and began to talk to him. “So listen up boy. Only the strong can enter the Festival of Champions. It’s a fight tournament. Happens once every 4 years. Winner of the tournament is said to receive 100 gold stals. Nice little come wouldn’t you say? That’s not all. Word is the winner also gets a chance to meet with the Oracle of Galtia herself.” Virgil’s eyes immediately lit up after hearing what the man had to say. “Thing is, if you want to enter the tournament then you’d better leave right away. The tournament starts in 7 days and it takes a good while to get to Galatia from Havoro.” “What in 7 days!?” Virgil had a shocked yet serious look on his face. “You’re not seriously thinking of entering, are you?” The older man was a bit worried. “Thanks, old man. I’m gonna enter that tournament!” Virgil would turn and run off while the group of men looked in awe. “That kid is gonna get himself hurt.” “Ehh oh well.” One said as he shrugged.

The shopping was done and food was cooked. The 5 had been sitting on the floor on a rug. They’d be eating peacefully until Virgil had to break the silence. “So check this out guys. I made a big discovery.” The group would stop eating and look towards Virgil, except Shinji. He’d get caught with the bowl to his face and food hanging out of his mouth all while looking toward Virgil. “Earlier today, these guys had been talking about a fight festival in Galatia.” “You mean the big city? The capital of Pleiades.” “Mhmm.” Virgil nodded his head in confirmation. “There are two prizes. The first is the winner gets 100 gold stals." The group had gotten excited. “100 GOLD STALS!!” Both Remi and Shinji would shout. “That’s so much..” Biggs was still in shock as there were a bit of some nervousness in his voice. “The second thing is… a meet a greet with the Oracle herself.” The room was quite. “You’re shitting me…” “The Oracle…” “...” “This is unreal. An opportunity to achieve our goals, is literally right before us.” Virgil would hold his left arm up with his palm facing up and open, looking down at it. “We can’t miss this chance to meet her.” Virgil would clench his fist and look to Shinji. “You’re joining in on this to right?” “The hell?? Of course I am! A chance to smack you around will be great when I beat you in the finals.” Virgil would simply smile back at Shinji. “Guess I’m gonna have to see you in the finals.” After a brief moment Remi would speak up.  “So when does this thing start?” “Uhh, well… 7 days.” “7 DAYS!!? What the hell, Galtia is like 7 days away by carriage.” “Yeah I know. That just means we gotta leave early.” “We gotta make sure we have food for 7 days.” “We can always hunt, if need be.” “Yeah true but it’ll take time from traveling.” “How many stals do we have left?” The group would check their remaining balance of money which came out to be 94 copper, 31 silver and 2 gold stals. “Ok, this isn’t bad. We can definitely manage with this. Before we leave in the morning , Biggs you’re gonna have to do some more shopping. Shinji, you should go with him. The rest of us will get a carriage. We’ll meet at the town gates around 10 then head out.” “Sounds like a plan.” Biggs and Shinji would both agree. Anna was far too young to comprehend the complexity of the situation  so she just played with Koji throughout the conversation.

It is the current time now, 3 days later on the road. The group had been relaxing inside the carriage as Biggs was steering. The fresh open air, the widespread land, it was beginning to look like an adventure for this young group. Galtia is just a few more days away, as well as the Festival of Champions!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum