TRACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
virgil
virgil
Admin

The Search Begins! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Search Begins!

Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:08 pm
"What!? You don't remember me?" The boy was disappointed that Nir had no idea who he was. "Well I guess you wouldn't recognize me since it's been 6 years." He folded his arms. he'd unfold them as he began to speak again. "I was the bratty troublemaker that would always get in trouble with the grownups. You used to play with all of us, before you joined the Galatian Army. It was Big Bro Nir, Big Sis Stella and Big Sis Sephie!" This was a moment for Nir to think back all those years ago. Nir would still be stumped. The boy would turn and shout, "HEY GUYS! IT'S NIR! BIG BRO NIR IS HERE!" Just then, footsteps would be heard rummaging upstairs. Finally, three younger boys had ran down the stair case with haste. They had been arguing, yelling at each other to get out of one another's way. They each wanted to individually greet Nir first. They'd finally reach the group, falling to the ground. What's more two of the boys looked nearly identical. The distinguishing feature for one of the boys was a scar across the right side of his face. It seemed more like a burn mark, covering over his eye as well. The younger 3 boys were excited to see Nir. "Nir! It's really you!" "Hey hey, can we play!" "No way! You promised to teach me how to use a sword!" The boys would each try to talk over each other, smothering Nir.

In the corner with a sulking Benkei, another child was staring at him. The child was only about two years of age.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:11 pm
Benkei was sulking as Stella ignored him and nir was being recognized by the boy from behind the counter. Just then van stood before him and holding a sword to his neck mocking him. Benkei in his depression would grab the tip of the blade and with his strength bent it forward so it faced van. As he continued to sulk and sniffle he would look at van " That's good starting blade but the metal density is not that great ". He continued to sulk as a small two years old looked at him"you going to mock me too young one?".
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:41 pm
Nir had quickly found himself surrounded by three young boys, two of them being twins. They had smothered Nir, reminding him of promises he had made when they were younger. That’s when it finally hit the young man. His eyes had widened, his mouth cracking open at the corners as he smiled. ”Elvin! Ben! Cullan!!!” He’d open his arms to embrace the three boys. ”I wish I had time to train you all, but I’m on an important mission right now.”

Kane had walked away from the ruckus they had created, continuing to read from the book. ”You guys are too loud. Sheesh.” Stella, on the otherhand, had walked over with a smile, the book in between her arms. ”Did I hear Elvin, Ben and Cullan!?” She smiled, ”How are you boys doing!?”

At the corner of the shop, Benkei had continued to sulk. During his sulking, he displayed his strength by bending the tip of the sword Van carried. The young man had simply raised the sword to his face and smirked, turning to the child who appeared before them. ”Hm?”

Last edited by Vanitas on Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:22 am
Nir has finally remembered the boys. He would embrace the three of them as he had denied them. “Aww.” “That’s not fair.” “But you you promised.” The boys were disappointed. Alan grew annoyed at their complaining and would give each of the a punch to the back of the head. The boys would each rub there heads from the hit. “OWW!” They would all shout. “What you do that for?” Cullan would ask. “Stop bothering him so much.” Alan who was the oldest of the brothers would fold his arms.

Moments later the voice of Stella was heard. The three boys would all rush to her. “STELLA!!” They would all gang up on her and give her a big hug. Alan would slap his hand to his face in embarrassment.

The young boy would give Benkei a smile. He’d reach his hand over to Benkei’s head and begin to let him like a dog.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:48 pm
Benkei stood their as the small child seemed interested in benkei as he sulked and petted him "you know I'm not a dog but a proud warrior of a temple full of powerful monks ". He looked at the child knowing farewell he would have no idea what he was saying "shall I tell you the tales of my many adventures as I journey across lands to reach galatian soil and fought beast of many saving fare maidens of all kinds? Including two woman who were obsessed with me".
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:06 pm
Nir chuckled, remembering well about his childhood. He remembered how these children looked up to him, Stella and Persephone. Thinking about it had suddenly reminded him of Persephone. His smile would slowly fade. He watched as the three boys moved on to Stella, hugging her, then turned to Alan. ”You must be Alan then. The leader of the group.” Despite thinking of Persephone, he managed to smile. ”Look how big you are. You’ve grown so much.”

Meanwhile Nir spoke to Alan, Stella had found herself hugging the three boys. ”I’ve missed you three so much!!! Have you been behaving yourselves??” She smiled, nuzzling the boys with her cheek. Kane walked off, continuing to skim through the book, learning of its contents. ”This is interesting...” He said to himself.

In the corner of the shop, Van had watched as the boy interacted with Benkei. Just watching them had reminded him of when he was younger. The memories he shared with his master and friends. Long had yearned for such feelings again. In fact, just watching Benkei had caused him to grow jealous, until he brought up the ridiculous story of the two women. That’s when he turned away, scoffing. He’d walk to Kane after placing the sword back.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:04 pm
Finally, Alan had been recognized by Nir. He'd chuckle before answering Nir. "It has been some time. When you left to join the army you hadn't come by as often. It kinda got lonely because I ended up being the oldest. Stella and Persephone would come by but it wasn't the same." Alan would look down in slight embarrassment but would be smiling. "I look up to you. You've... well I've always thought of you as my older brother. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I want to be like you." Alan looked up. "I'm 15 now. The same as you were when you joined the Galatian Army. I made sure to train properly so that one day I can become a warrior like you." The boy was adamant in his speech. He had seemed like he was preparing his whole life to join the Galatian Army.

Meanwhile, the two year old boy would just begin laughing at Benkei. He had seemed comical to the child
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:08 pm
As nir and Stella caught up with the children they once knew benkei would be tales of his travels before reaching galatia "now after I saved the small village and it's people, a farms daughter's began to fall for me and he even offered their hands to me for marriage obviously I kindly decline but they did not see it that way". Benkei would look at the child laughing and van walk away "hey what stories does your origin hold? I do not like you but I do wish to know more of who I am working with". Benkei would wait for van to answer but at the same time remind not of why they came here "nir dear friend I don't mean to interrupt your happy memories but we are here on behalf of edge remember".
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:12 pm
Nir's smile had disappeared. "Alan, I'm so sorry. Not long after I joined the Galatian military, we went to war. That was the cause of my absence." He'd look down at the ground, "I feel terrible talking about it. Even now, having reunited with you all, I have to take my leave again." He looked back to Alan, "I'm glad that I was able to see you all again before my departure. After all, you are my little brothers." Nir had placed his hand atop of Alan's, ruffling his hair. As he looked at the young man before him, he could see himself. The same fifteen year old that gave his life to the military. Memories of the war, friends who had fallen in battle, and the dangers of it all had begun plaguing him. Was this the direction Galatia was heading in again? With Duran having attacked them, there is no doubt that war was in the horizon. Nir would not be able to bear the feeling of Alan joining during this time. With Alexander's death, there was always the possibility that the same could happen to Alan during such tumultuous times. "Alan, I know you're not going to like what I'm going to say, but you must listen. Do not join the military. Take your family and leave if you can. Please." Stella, while playing with the youngsters, had overheard this. She had looked up at the two.

Kane continued reading the book, already having skimmed through sixty pages. He had read enough. He'd close the book and would turn to both Nir and Alan, catching the tension that Nir had created. "Oh boy." The bearded hunter had turned around to face Van, who was approaching him, but found that the young man had stopped in his tracks after being questioned by Benkei. Van had turned his head slightly, "Personally, I don't care if you like me or not, because I don't like you either. I also don't have to tell you anything about myself. So continue telling the child about your ridiculous fantasies. He'd turn back, walking to Kane. At the same time, Nir was reminded of why they were here. The Galatian Sword had nodded, "Right. Commander Kiryuu sent us here Alan. Is there something here for us?'
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:29 am
Alan had been a bit embarrassed as Nir had been rubbing his head. It wasn't long until Nir would tell him to not join the army. This would upset the latter. "What?! Why not?!"

The little boy would laugh at Benkei's story. He was unable to understand what Benkei was saying. There was some more tension between Van and Benkei. The little boy would tilt his head in confusion.

It just so happens Benkei had tried to remind Nir of the main reason they came into the shop.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:43 am
Benkei would pick up the child placing him on his shoulder. He knew he couldn't understand him but appreciated his child like wonder and amazement. Benkei would become upset at van as he rejected his idea of opening up to him "you sir clearly have no way of talking to people or working with others,you stay out of my way I stay out of yours". He would bring the child with him as he approached nir so the group could collect whatever commander edge had sent over for them. As benkei walked past Kane he would look straight ahead at nir but talk to Kane "you should really put a leash on that dishonorable mutt of yours".
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:17 pm
Nir had frowned, knowing well that Alan had been upset. ”Alan, I want you to be free. I want you to experience a good life. You and your siblings. Your mother as well. Somewhere in the valleys of Sufron, where the land is rich enough to farm off of.” He’d look down at the floor, ”Please Alan. “ Stella had smiled, turning to the three young boys before here. ”Your big brother Alan is a good young man. Does he take care of you all?” She asked them.

In the corner of the shop, as Van reached Kane, Benkei had called out to him once more. The young man closed his eye, crossing his arms. ”Fine with me.” He’d lean against the table with Kane, who’d watch Benkei walk by, and leave a comment. ”If only you knew.”
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:31 pm
Nir had tried to reason with Alan but, the boy would not listen. "No way!" Nir would continue on. "You tell me this but what about you? You're the same as us... I want to fight. I want to protect the people I care about most. We were so fortunate mother found us but-" Before Alan could finish, the back door creaked open. "My oh my. We have quite the visitors today." An older woman roughly in her mid 40's had appeared. Along with her was younger girl. The woman's name was Mai and the young girl, Melodie. She had been the "mother," Nir would speak of.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:42 pm
van would agree to stay out of each other way as Benkei would watch as nir try to sway the child away from war "This is not something you can be apart I know u wish to protect all that you love but you can do more either being the man your siblings and caretakers need". Benkei would put the small two year old down near him "other children like yourself have lost families and more so you have to do all you can for them here in galatia , this is your battlefield and your mind and spirit are your weapons". Benkei watch as Stella and nir try to comfort them all as a woman approach.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:15 pm
Both Nir and Stella had looked to Alan, who would simply refuse to listen. ”Al—“ Benkei had suddenly gave his own input, siding with Nir on the matter. Stella had nodded, ”Alan, believe me, we understand where you’re coming from.” Nir had then placed his hand on Stella’s shoulder, ”Stella’s right. So is Benkei. Your home is here, stay here and protect everyone. I know I joined the military myself, but I’ve witnessed horrors I am trying to prevent you from witnessing. I’ve lost so much Alan. I cannot lose you.” Kane and Van had stood there, watching them. ”Man, this is just drama. And is it just me, or does that monk like to get in everyone’s business? Jeez.” Kane had whispered to Van. ”It’s futile. Whatever they say will not sway his decision.”

A woman had then entered the room with a small girl. Nir and Stella would turn to her with smiles, ”Mai!” Stella said ecstatically.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:39 pm
Alan had started to get angry with the others. But before he could get an more words in. Mai had stepped up to the counter. The young Melodie would rush up to Stella, holding her. "Stella!"

"Looks like you arrived sooner than expected." Mai would smile at the group. At this time Alan had stormed off. Mai would look in his direction as he left. "What's the matter with him?" She wondered.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:14 pm
Benkei watched as the woman and small girl entered the room as Alan had gotten angry with them. He would turn to them "must be the mother of sorts". Benkei would turn to Kane and pull a gaunlet out pointing it at Kane "I'll have you know I'm not getting in anyone bussiness only agree with what nir is trying to say! If you Wana go old man we can go! But not here in front of the ladies". The gauntlet was close enough to van as well since it would be the first time it would be close enough for van to expect. Benkei would calm down as he turn to nir "you know everyone here ? From your days in the army?".
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:17 pm
Stell had welcomed Melodie with open arms, hugging her tightly. ”Look at you! You’re so beautiful! A little princess!” Nir had stood there watching as Alan left. There was nothing he could possibly say at this point. He’d simply turn to Mai with a forced smile, ”I’m not sure Mai...”

On top of the tension between Nir and Alan was another. A growing thorn that would impede any trust and respect within the newly formed unit. Benkei’s sudden manifestation of the gauntlets had alarmed Stella. Van, upon taking notice of this, had wasted no time in unsheathing his blade and stepping in front of Kane. ”I’d advise you to watch yourself before those arms are cut clean off!” Nir had quickly turned to them, ”Guys! What are you doing!?”

Kane had placed his hand on Van’s shoulder, shaking his head. ”Don’t. It’s not worth it.” He had then looked to Benkei, ”You wouldn’t last a minute against me. You’re awfully snappy for a monk. I suggest you calm yourself.” The bounty hunter would then turn to Nir, ”Get what you need to get. We’ll wait outside.” With that said, they’d both leave the shop.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:20 pm
The tension had spiked awfully high. This time, it would even involve Kane. It would seem as though a fight would break out at any moment. Nir quickly rushed to try and stop the fighting. Suddenly, an overwhelming presence had overshadowed them. It was a threatening presence. Kane had felt this menacing presence. He could see Mai in the background. This presence had been coming from her! "You boys wouldn't be attempting to fight in my store now, right?" Her tone was very aggressive. It was like talking to a child that got in trouble. It was a more disciplinary tone. Kane would then mention going outside and waiting for the others to get what they needed. The younger children had all been watching, unable to comprehend the situation.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:08 pm
Benkei after what he had done started to feel embarrassed as he let van and Kane get to him. Nir had gotten in the way and benkei began to shake and calm down"I'm sorry nir ,lady Stella and ma'ma I ment no harm In your shop". Benkei would bow his head and leave the shop ashamed "get a grip benkei this is the problem master had told you,.....this is why he wouldn't let you have them ". Benkei looked at his hands and clenched his fist thinking back of his composure. He would sit outside and on the roof and began to meditate to gather himself
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:24 pm
Nir had lowered his head, a bit ashamed of the potential fight that was going to break out. ”Forgive me Mai. They’re my comrades for the mission we’ve chosen to accept. The two are bounty hunters from Dokku. The other is a monk who had found Galatia during his travels.” He looked the door, ”They don’t seem to be getting along too well. I feel it may hinder us during our travels.” Stella had held onto the three boys, looking down at them. ”Your mother possesses a powerful and truly frightening energy. I remember she used to scare us when we were younger.”

Outside, Van and Kane had been sitting on a piece of rubble. They had been looking out to the sky. ”Fantasia. Is that place even real?” He asked. Van had been staring at the clouds, ”I don’t know.” Kane had slowly nodded, turning to Benkei, who was now on the roof meditating. ”You noticed those gauntlets right? How’d he ever manage to get a hold of those?” Van had remained silent, turning to Benkei.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:02 pm
Stella would mention to the boys how scary Mai could be. They'd nod and agree.

Mai would sigh, "I shouldn't have to tell you this but be careful out there... I remember when you were all so little." She'd begin to smile as she had remembered the past. "You are all like my very own children. Now you're a full grown man in the Galatian Army. It would pain me if something were to happen to any of you." She would then start to walk towards a large crate on the other side of the room. "You know... Alan's been training everyday since you left." Mai had reached the crate bending over. "You are what inspires him." Finally, she opened the crate. "Anywho. I believe this is the real reason you're here." The contents of the crate had multiple supplies for travelers. Basic camping tools, hunting tools, medical supplies, sleeping gear even and more.
Benkei Kagemori
Admin

Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:17 pm
Benkei stood utop the roof just meditating and breathing. He could hear his master's voice in his head once more as he would berate him for not learning discipline and inner peace. Benkei muttered to himself "I'm not a child but I will show you I'm worthy even if I had to take what was not earned correctly". Benkei looked to the sky wondering
Vanitas
Vanitas
Admin

Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:14 am
Mai had reminded both Nir and Stella of how they had also been raised by Mai. She was their mother at a point in their lives. Both of them had smiled as she reminisced about it. ”I remember those times Mai. You taught us so much.” Nir had nodded, ”Yeah, you did. You’re part of the reason I am the man I am.” He’d smirk, ”I know Alan will also be a great man. Perhaps he will even surpass me.” Stella’d turn to Nir with a gentle smile, remembering his childhood self. ”But thank you Mai. We’ll be sure to stay safe during our travels. We’ll bring Sephy back.” With a smile, he walked over to the crate, ”I’m going to need those three to get back in and help pack. There’s no way they’re leaving it to us.” Stella had giggled, ”I’ll get them.”

The young woman had made her way to the doorway, ”The supplies are ready! Let’s pack!” She yelled, returning inside. Both Kane and Van would stand from the rubble, walking to the shop. ”She’s like a housewife, calling out to me, her husband.” Kane had held himsef, closing his eyes as he fantasized about Stella and him. As for Van, he sighed as he walked by his side.
virgil
virgil
Admin

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:07 am
And so, the plan to rescue the Oracle was in full action. Nir and his group had been tasked with this mission. Hopefully, they would be able to work together long enough to rescue the Oracle. With their supplies readied, it was time for them to embark on this journey.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum